20 replies to this topic

#1 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

So many time sense MW1-MW4mercs i have gone back and played the PC campaigns to me this was a big part of the=my battle tech universe also late at night when all are asleep reading again the many novels and source books.I have played many games and mmo's,mmorpg's to get that pve\campaign feeling i first played in MW2 and the expansions,mw3 and expansion,and mw4-mercs.Hopefully down the road in MW:O i can get on a PVE server and play out the many campaigns,campaign missions,etc in the Battle tech universe even if its against bots.

Posted Image

Edited by KingCobra, 25 January 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#2 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 25 January 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

Just a head's up, it's MW:O, not MW:0. "MechWarrior Online" I don't know where you got the zero from.

As for its future expandability, I hope the game is profitable enough to warrant PGI doing more with it beyond it's MP component. What we're getting at launch is a MVP (Most Valuable Product), which will be the bare game with little frills. As time goes on, if profits allow it, more content could be developed for the game.

Fixed that for you good sir. :)

#3 Agent CraZy DiP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 609 posts
  • LocationAZ - USA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

I would love to see some PvE Co-Op play... at some point. Perhaps given the time we'll get it. I think right now they're just going to focus on getting done what's already on their plate. This will probably get shelved for a couple years.

#4 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

MVP (Minimally Viable Product)

View PostMaddMaxx, on 25 January 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Fixed that for you good sir. :)

Round of slaps for both of you... it's Minimum Viable Product.

#5 Outlaw2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIn a van...

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Just a head's up, it's MW:O, not MW:0. "MechWarrior Online" I don't know where you got the zero from.

As for its future expandability, I hope the game is profitable enough to warrant PGI doing more with it beyond it's MP component. What we're getting at launch is a MVP (Minimally Viable Product), which will be the bare game with little frills. As time goes on, if profits allow it, more content could be developed for the game.

I wouldn't exactly call LoL a Minimum Viable Product....

Global agenda is also a persistant online F2P FPS game (POF2PFPSG??), and it has PvE content....but the pve stuff is very ..meh....You play it for the online pvp, and PGI should focus on that first. Add the pve fluff later...much later

Edited by =Outlaw=, 25 January 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#6 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 25 January 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

Hey MaddMaxx, you want to team up and go aggro on Maximum Volatile Paul?

#7 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Post=Outlaw=, on 25 January 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

I wouldn't exactly call LoL a Minimum Viable Product....

Global agenda is also a persistant online F2P FPS game (POF2PFPSG??), and it has PvE content....but the pve stuff is very ..meh....You play it for the online pvp, and PGI should focus on that first. Add the pve fluff later...much later

lol. Changed your own post after Paul's comment, eh? :)

#8 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Damn, my sources quoted it as being Minimum Viable Population! :) Sounded like an invite-only game there... :)

Edited by Dlardrageth, 25 January 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#9 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

They're using Model View Presenter and coding this in ASP?

Posted Image

#10 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

As in Anti Social Paul?

#11 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

Now that you have had fun derailing my topic can you move along now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

#12 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 25 January 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Hey MaddMaxx, you want to team up and go aggro on Maximum Volatile Paul?

Sure, but he seems a bit Slap happy. ;)

#13 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

Thanks again Lady's and gentleman if i were Russ or Brian i would slap happy you all day long LOLL just to get things done.

In truth i would tell PGI to put the release date on hold and rethink a few things.
#1 The availability of a custom character creator like in EVE where you can walk around to your Mech hanger,Mechlab.etc.
#2 A PVE server based on Battletech lore and time lines with specific contracts and missions you could play solo or teams.
#3 A Combined mechlab\simulation to test your configs or a mechlab\instant action combo.
#4 Open chat in a City like on Carver5 where your avatar can walk around the city to do functions and chat with other players
#5 Epic Tournaments once a month between solo players and team factions & mercs for prizes from PGI. :lol: ;) :lol:

There have been many ideas on this forum and i for one would wait longer to receive a great game of the year rather than a put together lets see if this works approach to the game and limit its market potential up front.

P.S i dont want to hear ow you want a MMO,or MMORPG.NO i want a MWO&MMO combined into one that is something new and fresh just outside the edges of the box. :D

Edited by KingCobra, 26 January 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#14 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'm happy to be getting something to play, even as a MVP if it will lead to more goodies down the line once they have a proven, profitable product to launch the rest off of. Don't forgrt no-one, including PGI, has been able to get the funding for a MW5 To be honest I don't think most on this forum want to wait any longer than they have to.

#15 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

I would wait another year if i knew it would include alot more elements that made the game better than all TT/CBT/PC games combined. :lol:

#16 Longtom

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

I have been checking in on Piranha every month without fail from the moment I breathlessly watched the epicness of that trailer long, LONG ago. I have been hoping and praying that this game would come to fruition.

Having no single player epic campaign complete with mind blowing story line will be akin to killing Santa Clause for me.

I hope there will be a single player campaign. I was praying for a good story. I was supremely disappointed when I heard that this would be an MMO.

But I can still hope.

#17 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

MMO is cool, something like Call of Duty or Battlefield is alright too, just so long as it's going to be a kick *** game. You're right, would suck without a SP mode.

Edited by FACEman Peck, 26 January 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#18 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

i guess santa's sled didnt have an AMS on that last flight...

single player storyline didnt make the cut

#19 Agent CraZy DiP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 609 posts
  • LocationAZ - USA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

They're going to MVP it, then slowly release updates for it as time goes on. Chances are, you'll get PvE eventually. PvP is the priority for one simple reason, funding. Once they have the funding they need, I'm sure they'll be able to pump out extras like PvE. I'm just stoaked they're making the game in the first place. (Thank God it's not being produced by Microsoft)

#20 Agent CraZy DiP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 609 posts
  • LocationAZ - USA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

Doesn't mean they wont add PvE or Co-Op play later. Maybe add a short tutorial esq campaign.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users