Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

WILD SPECULATION, WHERE ALL YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS COME TRUE!Posted Image

I decided there needed to be a wild speculation thread. Considering all the assumptions people are making that are a 'sure thing' I figured that this thread might some how 'suck up their venom' and thus leave the rest of the forums free of doubters.

So, my wild speculation!

There will be pony skins that give you +%5 everything. And instead of a hud zoom, it replaces that with universal celerity. Then there will be in game shop items called. 'lenses' and the 'lenses' change your AC weapons fire into confetti, and your PPC and Laser fire into rainbows!

;) The Devs *haven't* said that this wont be in the game so it very well could be. There for since I speculate it, its true. Its like the show 'lost', what ever you feel it will be like is automatically true in this thread. So you you believe strongly enough the clans will be there on launch and you can have a MadCat MKII at launch, its totally plausible in this thread!

In case your not catching it, its all sarcasm. This is a call for people to wake up and realism they cant declare something is broken unless they actually know that it is. Getting a little information which is even stated THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO ONGOING TESTING is not grounds to call something unbalanced, broken, over powered, unfair, or unlikable. Further more, if you feel that something is not up to your visual standards, or that its not like you thought it was, that does not make what the Dev's decide to do not right/fun/entertaining/accurate/appropriate. The Devs are very patient and listen to us, that does not mean we can start making outright demands, this is their project and gift to us and they are sinking more money into this then i'm sure all of us made in the last 10 years. So please, give them a chance before you start trying to call them out on work that you have not yet seen to judge.

Image provided by : http://lady-die.deviantart.com/

Edited by Omigir, 13 April 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#2 Eidolon

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Oh I want to try! First of all, let me preface my rant by saying I have all of the sourcebooks, tech readouts, novels, scenario books, map packs, and hex packs ever made, along with a map scale Leopard dropship and 973 painted miniatures (at least 100 of which are unseens). Ahem...

THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE GUNDAM WING AND I'VE BEEN PLAYING BATTLEDROIDS SINCE 1978 I HATE THAT THIS GAME IS PLAY TO WIN I DON'T WANT ANOTHER WOLRD OF TANKS AND COMMANDER CLASS IS GOING TO HAVE TACTICAL NUKES WHICH IS JUST A WIN BUTTON AND WHY WON'T THIS GAME HAVE CLANS AND CLAN TECH STUPID FREEBIRTH SCUM OF THE INNER SPHERE ARE IGNORANT AND FEARFUL OF KERENSKY'S CHILDREN AND I HEARD THAT THE ONLY MECH YOU CAN DRIVE WHEN YOU START IS THE SENTINEL WHICH I GUESS IS KINDA COOL BECAUSE IT'S A GOOD MECH

Am I doing it right?

Edited by Eidolon, 07 February 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#3 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

I find this thread scary and highly intimidating... :D

+1 for rainbow lasers...

Speculation:
  • A physics based hula girl will be available to Mech pilots who cap their tech-tree.
  • Fuzzy dice will also be available with "Real Fur Physics" for those who are not keen on the hula girl.
Addendum:
  • The Urbie will become the fashionable Mech of choice for the "in crowd"....
;)

Edited by DaZur, 07 February 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#4 CobraFive

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

When you die, it erases all of your progress, permanently.

You can only play one match every two weeks because of the 1:1 timescale, and only if your mech wasn't damaged heavily last match.

Friendly fire or not following the commander (who is a screechy teenager with a poor mic) orders results in immediate execution.

#5 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

I predict that we will never see the advent of the Clans as the world will end on 21st December 2012.

#6 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

Someone said Laser raves? I think someone said laser raves, I for one highly promote laser raves. (also ponies)

Edited by Cattra Kell, 07 February 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#7 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

Serious Atlas does not approve of this unseriousness...

Posted Image

#8 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Oh, there's a thread now? I was under the impression that the forums themselves were the area for wild speculation...

#9 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Ok... I got one or two...

Every second week of the month will be insta-gib week, where every hit will result in immediate destruction of your 'Mech. 'Mechs lost this way will be lost permanently (along with your progress in the tech tree of course) and you'll have to pay 50% more for your next 'Mech... or you buy it with hard money for the amazing offer of 73.87$. The reason is simple: Every player playing this game is a MW god (no goddesses allowed!) and thus will never be hit. Plus, the light 'Mechs are by far the most dangerous and their dangerousness has to be tributed!

If you cap your tech tree your chosen 'Mech will advance to a new tonnage... giving you a new tech tree and unlocking a super-mega-Awesome 8Q-power... right, you'll get 3 PPC and a small laser disregarding your 'Mechs weight. In order to use this little extra you'll have to activate the weapons in the right order (PPC-PPC-small laser-PPC).

And it doesn't win the team that actually achieves the scenario's goals... nah, too easy!... too unspectacular... It will only win the team that wins the flame war! In the flame war insults to your team mates will count twice as much as insulting your opponent (cause that could actually be seen as psychological warfare and therefore uncool). If you get someone to rage quit a game the person causing the rage quit will get 1000 points times his own body weight.

Did you have something like this in mind, or was it too much?

#10 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

wild speculation hmmmmm....... I believe once melee combat is input they will allow us to use codes for mortal combat death moves. That would be awesome.

#11 Rayge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 07 February 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Oh, there's a thread now? I was under the impression that the forums themselves were the area for wild speculation...

came here to post this!

I heard you like wild speculation so we put some wild speculation inside your wild speculation so you can wildly speculate while you wildly speculate!!

#12 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

I love this thread.

Where else could I point out that this game will have large dice rolling across your field of view, because it has to be just like the table top game, only from first person.

If those dice hit your mech, you are dead for ever. Also everything is free and if it isn't the devs are full of **** and how dare they suggest i have to pay for something they have worked hard on creating to give me some pleasure, because I deserve it all to be free.

#13 Neovenator

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

I beleive that the devs will have all mechs and variants from the 3039 technical readout designed and ready for play when the game is realeased so everyone can play thier favorite inner sphere mech immediately.

Each battlefield will be able to handle up to a regiment of mechs per team (108 mechs).

Those who play enough will be able to assume the role of House leaders and control the entire war effort for thier faction.

If any of the above is unture, well then....what's the point of playing?????

#14 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

incidentally, if this thread makes it 24hours, I'll be amazed.

#15 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

I believe that all the mech modules will be identifiable by the type of hat they model on the mech's head. For example, the NV module will get you a big honking sam fischer style NV goggle set to wear on your mech.

#16 renegade mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

http://youtu.be/2xgc0u3b60I

#17 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

I got another one...

'Mechs with hands will be able to climb or throw rocks or dirt (the latter to confuse and interfere with a scout's vision / sensors).

@Neovenator: Like the name! Theropoda for the win!

#18 PewPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationUS - East

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Postcobrafive, on 07 February 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

You can only play one match every two weeks because of the 1:1 timescale, and only if your mech wasn't damaged heavily last match.

Well, in the BT universe, there are only so many battles. I will not play this game unless there are limited slots for playing. Also, we must consider travel time. All player should have to spend however many weeks in travel and be ready to fight on the predetermined date and time, +/- 2 days due to the unpredictability of war.

#19 renegade mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostPewPew, on 07 February 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Well, in the BT universe, there are only so many battles. I will not play this game unless there are limited slots for playing. Also, we must consider travel time. All player should have to spend however many weeks in travel and be ready to fight on the predetermined date and time, +/- 2 days due to the unpredictability of war.

Weeks? lol How about months or years.

http://youtu.be/2xgc0u3b60I

#20 Slyck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I hear there will be three keys bound for melee attacks; one for kicking, one for punching and one to toggle crane style.

Also I if you cross the streams of two PPCs it will be "bad."

Edited by Slyck, 07 February 2012 - 03:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users