769 replies to this topic

#761 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

When the clans are due to invade, devs will announce that no players will be able to fight for the clans against the inner sphere.

They will have solved the problem of programming AI routines by instead using the money from the founder's pack sales to train an army of Chinese professional mechwarriors who will fight in character as the clans because it's their full-time well paid job to do so.

Any player insisting on fighting as a clan warrior instead of just collecting clantech salvage can, but they will have to learn Mandarin and move to China; this will filter out all but the most committed clanners.

The Clans:

Posted Image

Edited by Otto Cannon, 15 July 2012 - 02:36 AM.

#762 Tommytools

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIn a box.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

Hmm... lets try some...

The Urbanmech will be in game, but its cockpit is replaced by a grill, turning it into a 20 ton mobile BBQ. The Atlas will be given a special skin consisting of a "kiss the cook" apron and a chef's hat. Jenner kebab anyone?

Hunchbacks come with a bright pink carebear paintjob as default and get bonus xp when hugging enemy mechs.

#763 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

I wildly speculate that when merc corps will count as their own faction when a planet is being contested. At any point, even mid battle, the hiring house can decide that they don't want to pay them and attempt to kill the mercs. The mercs can also choose to change sides too, though. Oh, the drama!

More released mechs:

Z0M-B3:
Medium mech that mounts a special immediate range weapon. Kills made with this weapon causes the killed mech to respawn as a bot controlled Z0M-B3. A Z0M-B3 can only be permanently killed by destroying the cockpit, but it is very vulnerable to flamers.

D0V4-K11N:
Heavy mech that can mount any two weapons. Entering text into chat in ALL CAPS activates any of a variety of special abilities. For instance, "HAXOR" would activate bullet time, and any flaming fires a giant fireball at the flamed individual (watch the friendly fire!). It can also blind players by putting a high-tech fruit basket on their cockpit.

P0WN-S74R:
Special 1000T quad mech. In addition to normal mech weapons it has a long cool down energy weapon that deals 9001 damage and reduces killed mechs to ROFLishously tiny gibbs. You also may want to be careful about firing it down. It has almost not cockpit armor, but the only way to hit it is to run a light mech up an inexplicable trough up its back. But don't worry about that Achilles's heel, it'll be protected by a chronically depressed light mech pilot with asthma. Just don't question his abilities or he may find your lack of faith disturbing. . .

#764 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

there will be 4 custom skins that every one will have to buy. HAVE TO
Hurban Mech: Shiny black with a pointy toothed grin and slanted mean eyes to make it look like a bullet
Hunchback: Will have a red upper body and blue lower with two blue racing stripes that go up either side of the torso, same collor as the lower body.
Centurion, Will be the same as the hunchback, but less cool and green.
And the Atlas will be mostly yellow with a center beige spot on the center torso and green back.

#765 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

I hereby willfully speculate that all Founders tags will be removed by the end of the next week. This is to restore equality among us forum users.

PS: Omigir, Luigi-Centurions are way cooler than fat Mario-Hunchbacks :)

#766 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

I speculate that Swaybacks come from a sick hunchback bitting another one, thus passing the illness on D: Also, swaybacks hunger for mechwarriors and will crack into the heads of other mechs to get them. (Double D: !)

Also.. I speculate that Wild Speculation will make it's way back into the general population...

Edited by Omigir, 25 October 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#767 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I speculate that wild speculation thread will be liked again one day T-T

#768 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostOmigir, on 23 January 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

I speculate that wild speculation thread will be liked again one day T-T

I wildly speculate that you NEED A HUG! Not from me though, knuckle bump?

I wildly speculate that the Mayans used their calender as a feint! The world will actually end sometime in 3050! Or 306X, can never keep those two straight.

#769 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

I wildly speculate that the Feb. 5th patch will include CONTENT! And not just that magnificently obvious "shoot me" brick of a hero mech!

They will implement the game's first 1v1 mode and map! It will have hills, and sunsets, and pretty flowers! Just in time for Valentine's Day, two mech warriors will have the opportunity to, romantically, attempt to murder each other for fun and profit without worrying about teammates or objectives!

That's not all, there will be a new piece of equipment: an active camouflage system!

Dude A - "I think I saw something move over there."
Dube B - "Its just a rosebush, let's go!"
Dude A - "Hmmm. . . OK."

#770 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostEl Loco, on 07 February 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Ok... I got one or two...

Every second week of the month will be insta-gib week, where every hit will result in immediate destruction of your 'Mech. 'Mechs lost this way will be lost permanently (along with your progress in the tech tree of course) and you'll have to pay 50% more for your next 'Mech... or you buy it with hard money for the amazing offer of 73.87$. The reason is simple: Every player playing this game is a MW god (no goddesses allowed!) and thus will never be hit. Plus, the light 'Mechs are by far the most dangerous and their dangerousness has to be tributed!

If you cap your tech tree your chosen 'Mech will advance to a new tonnage... giving you a new tech tree and unlocking a super-mega-Awesome 8Q-power... right, you'll get 3 PPC and a small laser disregarding your 'Mechs weight. In order to use this little extra you'll have to activate the weapons in the right order (PPC-PPC-small laser-PPC).

And it doesn't win the team that actually achieves the scenario's goals... nah, too easy!... too unspectacular... It will only win the team that wins the flame war! In the flame war insults to your team mates will count twice as much as insulting your opponent (cause that could actually be seen as psychological warfare and therefore uncool). If you get someone to rage quit a game the person causing the rage quit will get 1000 points times his own body weight.

Did you have something like this in mind, or was it too much?

Ok, that would be fun and awesome, but I'm pretty sure that 90% of the players will rage quit after losing their mech that they've worked so hard to get. Also, wouldn't that be a little unfair for assault mechs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users