#1 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Greetings Steiners

I was curious if there was a listing of your established regiments somewhere. We have one over in the Davion forum to keep track of membership and leaders etc. Ignore the disaster that is the AFFS CoC thread.

Are there units forming up in Steiner to game together? I'm just trying to get a better handle on the capabilities of our esteemed allies.

Current Rough List:

10th Skye Rangers - approx 17 players
Storm's Metal Thunder - approx 8 players (A Cmpny)

Edited by Listless Nomad, 22 February 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#2 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

,One word *Social*
Social Generals arent good at paper work

#3 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

I speak only for the team I've played in, but we have some units/structure that remains from as far back as MPBT:Solaris (and maybe a few folks from EGA lurking) that have provided a steady presence to this day. Is it the "official" House Steiner? With Steiners checking in from all over the world who have participated in any number of game teams or leagues, that is difficult to say, particularly since this game supports only a limited Command shell. Suffice it to say, in my group, Wild Hog is Archon and we have a loose command structure carried from our previous gaming experiences. As well, we have members of the traditional regiments returning to play whatever role we get to play.

#4 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Thanks Journeyman - thats more what I was looking for. Davion has a whole bunch of "units" and "regiments" forming - basically "clans" in any other game. I was looking to see if Steiner had begun organizing them so that I could introduce myself and work on cooperation. I've messed around on almost every house's forum, and figured I'd try Steiner too. Thanks for the reply Journey. I think most Davion units are going merc to maintain command - but will only work for Davion.

#5 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Not a problem. As I indicated, I speak from my experience only in this respect.

Allow me to clarify, however...I believe an effective Command structure that transcends the game constraints will go a long ways regardless of the game mechanics and I will maintain loyalty to the structure that I have been a part of for many years now as we enter this new game in the future. We are reasonably active and have been playing on our dedicated MW4:Mercs servers to stay in shape. Not to mention, blowing stuff up is fun.

#6 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostJourneyman, on 21 February 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Not a problem. As I indicated, I speak from my experience only in this respect.

Allow me to clarify, however...I believe an effective Command structure that transcends the game constraints will go a long ways regardless of the game mechanics and I will maintain loyalty to the structure that I have been a part of for many years now as we enter this new game in the future. We are reasonably active and have been playing on our dedicated MW4:Mercs servers to stay in shape. Not to mention, blowing stuff up is fun.

Couldn't agree more - my unit (1st Robinson Rangers) are getting set up on MW4 mercs mektek to get back into fighting shape. It felt really good to be in a mech again. Are you guys actively recruiting new members for units? Or are you being more laid back about it?

#7 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

We are not actively recruiting, but we do not discourage nor turn away new members if they are interested.

#8 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

Ah gotcha, thanks for the info Journeyman. I appreciate the responses.

#9 Lina Thoren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

Well. we've the Skye Rangers forming up: the 22nd as a "receiving unit" for new recruits, with the 4th, 10th, and 17th as our line regiments, and the March/Province Militia for "causal" players. Engaged in a bit of training as well (using Mechwarrior: Living Legends), though we're still in the early stages.

Suspect we're waiting on more information before we do anything more concrete.

EDIT: Suppose I'm kinda/sorta acting as Loremaster (or the Inner Sphere equivalent) in the meantime.

Edited by Lina Thoren, 21 February 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#10 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thanks Lina - the picture is becoming much clearer. That's a good number of regiments have have going. Do you have a rough player count?

#11 Prince Ian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

We have roughly an over-strength company of players. :P
(17 last I checked).

Always on the look-out for more!

#12 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

Storm's Metal Thunder is awaiting the Mech Warfare info month and some in-game screens before we say too much.
The ideal goal would be to have a semi-independently ran Company in each timezone. I currently operate Able Company in the PST (NA-West) timezone with 8 pilots.

#13 Lina Thoren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Actually, though I'd perfer to avoid the fight they had over on the Davion forums, perhaps an idea of how many organized faction units (or even friendly merc units ) we have to deal with could be useful.

#14 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

It would be futile to engage in any discussion about who is in charge, the answer is none of us. We are hoping to be able to create our House units and populate them with current rosters. Anyone that played MPBT:Solaris on AOL or Gamestorm remembers we had no coded command structure, it was all community created, we hope to see that kind of spirit of cooperation here, and will do our part to assist in making things fun for everyone through community organization. I look forward to seeing what tools are made available and working with leaders of other units to make them work well for all.

I seek a safe, fun, and rewarding gaming environment for those I represent, and welcome those from any corner of the IS that wish to join in this task to bring the same to all players.

#15 Riordan Lionheart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

In MWL i've been playing as the 1st Donegal Jaegers, but since that unit doesn't exist yet here, I guess I'd go for one of the Donegal Guards or Royal Guards regiments

#16 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

I think it is too early to work out the house structure because it's not clear how this will be implemented in-game in MWO, hopefully it is well-structured and formal integration and not just community forum 'pretend' structure.

View PostBluey, on 21 February 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

,One word *Social*
Social Generals arent good at paper work

He he, true, but I think it can go hand in hand, we just need dictaphones.

View PostDamocles, on 22 February 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Storm's Metal Thunder is awaiting the Mech Warfare info month and some in-game screens before we say too much.
The ideal goal would be to have a semi-independently ran Company in each timezone. I currently operate Able Company in the PST (NA-West) timezone with 8 pilots.

That's an excellent way of running it, you will be very effective as a unit on the battlefield.

View PostWild Hog, on 13 March 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

It would be futile to engage in any discussion about who is in charge, the answer is none of us. We are hoping to be able to create our House units and populate them with current rosters. Anyone that played MPBT:Solaris on AOL or Gamestorm remembers we had no coded command structure, it was all community created, we hope to see that kind of spirit of cooperation here, and will do our part to assist in making things fun for everyone through community organization. I look forward to seeing what tools are made available and working with leaders of other units to make them work well for all.

I seek a safe, fun, and rewarding gaming environment for those I represent, and welcome those from any corner of the IS that wish to join in this task to bring the same to all players.

I too hope there are tools available where you can make\apply for a division, add members, invite etc. and then invade, defend etc. as a division with other divisions. This would make MWO very immersive.

#17 Prince Ian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Having re-read the OPs post..I'm afraid you must have misunderstood me!

It's not the 10th Skye Rangers that have 17 members...It's the entire Skye Federation from www.skye-rangers.net that those players belong to. :D

#18 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Thx, Guillotine...as Lina mentioned, we are hoping our Skye Rangers will get more new recruits as the game gets closer to launch and we are recruiting. But like most games, the bulk of the work will be done in game :huh:

I suspect our units/companies will be treated as "guilds" are in other games...seems to be the way this one is going. However, they do already have a list of linkled "merc corps" up for reference.

#19 Savant

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Updating the thread a bit in case anyone is still keeping track.

Anvil Regiment (Anvil Society) has thrown in as an LCAF Regiment under the banner of House Steiner.

We're a multi-gaming organization that has been playing anything and everything MMO since 2000, many of our members have a vested interest with the MW/BT universe and have been playing and replaying the various games for a while now.

Currently we are at 2 Battalions internally (66 Mechwarriors), once we do a little graphical re-org and housekeeping for MWO we will open 3rd Battalion for public recruitment by May, the requirements are anyone over 18+ and TS3 is mandatory.

#20 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostSavant, on 12 April 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Updating the thread a bit in case anyone is still keeping track.

Anvil Regiment (Anvil Society) has thrown in as an LCAF Regiment under the banner of House Steiner.

We're a multi-gaming organization that has been playing anything and everything MMO since 2000, many of our members have a vested interest with the MW/BT universe and have been playing and replaying the various games for a while now.

Currently we are at 2 Battalions internally (66 Mechwarriors), once we do a little graphical re-org and housekeeping for MWO we will open 3rd Battalion for public recruitment by May, the requirements are anyone over 18+ and TS3 is mandatory.

Excellent progress!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users