Chat With Senior Gameplay Engineer Thomas Dziegielewski

32 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

We are extremely pleased to announce that we will be chatting with MechWarrior Online Senior Gameplay Engineer Thomas Dziegielewski this Wednesday, September 12th at 5 PM Eastern (2 PM Pacific). For the past nine years Thomas has worked at Piranha Games, his many responsibilities include but are not limited to:

Weapon systems, heat management, info tech, general gameplay additions, and auxiliary systems.
Got questions for Thomas? Here's the link to the chatroom. Chat Info Date: Wednesday September 12th Time: 5PM ET/2PM PT.

We hope you will be able to join us for this chat. If you would like to ask any questions or suggest topics ahead of time, you can get in touch with us via email. Thank you and we look forward to chatting with you then!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

Edit:

We hope everyone enjoyed this Chat withThomas, it was alot of fun! The full transcript , for your reading pleasure,can be located here.

#2 Slystone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

Cool!

#3 punishigames

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

when the game will be released????

#4 Ro Agato

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPlanet Diana, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

One Person, 1000 Questions, pure awsomenes!
I kneel down with my BattleMech :-)

#5 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

View Postpunishigames, on 07 September 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

when the game will be released????

SooN (c)

#6 Death Prime

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLake Charles, LA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

I have one question and one question only. I have a laptop. It runs excelently with many other online games even lag crazy World of Warcraft and the ever getting popular Leauge of Legends. Now these games are quite different but i play LoL probably more than anything and with this laptop it's the funnest and cleanest game i ever played.(About 90% Lag Free). My question is simple i paid for my founders package like most others and i would want to know when will my Laptop be accomidated for the Graphics engine you guys are throwing into it. I'm lagging down to a frame rate of about 6-10 FPS. I love this game i've played it since it's origins on Gamestorm.com But even my mothers windows 95 graphics wasn't lagging one bit at all. And not many can afford such over the top graphics for there computers.

When Will this game be better for the lower end players who worship you guys jsut like there worshiping LoL right now? If Needed look at my system settings i posted to be in this beta. That would be a great start. Please I want to keep playing more of this game like i do play LoL.

#7 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Damn. Can I get bonus MC if I can pronounce his last name right?

#8 Geneslicer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMaidenhead, England

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

just like punishi i just wanna know release date

#9 punishigames

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I'm waiting for half decade for this game and it will take linger to launch

#10 punishigames

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

I'm waiting this game is half decade and it will take a long time

#11 Anelor Galor

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Waiting for it doesnt matter, what matters it, that they finish their work on it.
A half made game is like no game as you will just loose the players really fast.

So take your time! Work it out. Who rushes gets usually killed in an ambush.
GL and sucess guys.

#12 Adams

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWarsaw Poland

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

not Thomas but Tomek... <_<

nice to see that people with Polish origins develope MWO... ;)

#13 RLWarrior

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

PLEASE GIVE ME A CODE PLEASE!!!!! I DONT HAVE CASH TO BUY LEGENDARY!!!!!

#14 UOMO

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hello!
Will it works on mac?

#15 Lampshade 1

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

No. And you don't need legendary to get early access anyway, all founder's packages come with it.

#16 Geneslicer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMaidenhead, England

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

you mean the nda that says your not allowed to mention that you in the beta

#17 BigBadTimberwolf

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

To MadCat prime:
Ok, first and foremost neither WoW or LoL require much hardware to run. Have you compared your specs to the minimum specs of MWO? MWO utilizes a very modern graphics/physics engine to enable a lot of mechanics that wernt available in previous MW games and of coarse the pretty graphics. Its because of these modern advances that MWO has a chance to appeal to broader masses. Ok next you talk about your frame rates and lag like they have anything to do with one another. Lag is totaly a latency issue. And though your frame rate can be affected by bad latency, its probably not your problem. Your laptop is probably too old and is running WoW and LoL off of an onboard graphics card on your motherboard. This graphics card is powering everything visual related on your computer (including windows). You absolutely, definetly, with out a doubt need to have a dedicated graphics card. This is true for pretty much any game with decent graphics made in the last 5-10 years. You dont need a high end pc to play this game. You just need something somewhat modern with a dedicated graphics card. Go into bestbuy, pick out the cheapest pc they have (hint: if you want to play serious games NEVER BUY A LAPTOP FOR MANY REASONS), And pick out the cheapest vid card still on there shelves and bam you can play. Games like LoL and WoW can run on just about any computer.. games like MWO, Battlefield3, and CoD:MW3 need modern hardware, sorry. And for the record nothing designed to run on Win'95 can be compared with the cryengine3. period. The best hardware made in 95 couldnt even handle windows7 man.

PS: Had you purchased a desktop rather then a laptop you could simply just upgrade. Enjoy your mobility.. your pretty much stuck with what ya got ^_^

Edited by BigBadTimberwolf, 08 September 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#18 SuperNub

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

in the Russian language will be a game?

#19 SwirlingBrain

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGarland, TX

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

Will there be a module system such as linked PPCs?

#20 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostRLWarrior, on 07 September 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

PLEASE GIVE ME A CODE PLEASE!!!!! I DONT HAVE CASH TO BUY LEGENDARY!!!!!

buy veteran

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 09 September 2012 - 04:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users