wow, that's awesome Tote! :P

#505 Blackfire1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Because even Furries can be super cute. This is one of many on my background.
Tsampikos is an amazing artist.
Posted Image

They can also be bad ***.
Posted Image

#506 Destoroyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

Well on topic to the original concept of the thread.

If their were furry mechwarriors I'd see them wanting to put in a few extra heatsinks to help with the heat, not that it'll help much without stripping too much firepower. And after battles will probaly take long showers and waste most their C-bills earned in the fight on copious amounts of shampoo products.

Scalies on the otherhand would probaly choose the must energy loaded mech and purposely overheat it so they can lay back and enjoy their steam-pit being cold blooded and all.

I can envision the following scenario.
A lance of mechs are powered down on a frozen planet waiting for a enemy patrol to make their rounds and ambush them.
The Scaley pilot: "I'm freezing here commander how much longer?"
Lance Commander: "Only a few more minutes, and keep the comms clear!"
A minute later the scaley yells, "Oh Screw it I can't take it anymore" to himself and powers up firing all 4 of his modifed awesome's ppc's causing a overheat and quickly powers down again.
Lance Commander: "You ***** you could have givin our position away!"
Scaley Pilot: "Relax commander I wasn't on long enough for anyone to see me."
Elsewhere the enemy patrol is making there rounds. The lances scout piloting a raven says to his commander "Hey commander did you see that huge heat signature a few seconds ago?"
The enemy commander: "Yes I did. Go scout the area."
Meanwhile In the Scaly's cockpit "Aw that hits the spot." he thinks to himself. "But where's that beeping coming from, huummm probaly just the heat warning system."
A few seconds later the whole lance receives "WARNING!!! Missles Incoming" over there speakers."
Scaly Pilot: Oo

Edited by Destoroyah, 22 July 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#507 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

....most scales are more disciplined than that and some actually appreciate the cold

#508 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

I would have to agree with Lightdragon on that, that goes agasint what most scales I know would do, cold blooded or not, we tend to keep our cool under most situtations, though tend to get a little rilled and forget we did something wrong, not sure why that is actually.

#509 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

when we do get riled no battlemech in the universe can slow us down and even elementals give us a wide berth to avoid losing limbs :P

Edited by Lightdragon, 22 July 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#510 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Well Scalies being able to withstand more heat is a clear advantage and I'm sure it would be taken advantage of, at least to some degree.

#511 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

depends on their breed, some prefer colder climates

#512 Tote

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostWatchit, on 22 July 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Well Scalies being able to withstand more heat is a clear advantage and I'm sure it would be taken advantage of, at least to some degree.

I'm going to have to assuem that there is goign to be some kind of "Home field advantage also involved with this?

cause,, speakign for my more tacticly inclined side, i'm pretty sure rainforests and moutain sides would be where most of the scales woudl end up,, low hill zones and temperates woudl be where the furs and feathers are, perhaps i'm jsut being speciest on teh matter, but i feel home ground type arena's would definetly come in to play there.

#513 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

#514 Faceless Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

I played a female dragonborn in dungeons and dragons for a dozen or 2 sessions. That's about as furry as i find acceptable.

</3 still miss her

http://www.obsidianp...characters/sval

#515 Saren21

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

I was kinda wondering maybe its silly and all but what makes someone want to be a furry? i am not trying to flame i am just trying to get an idea behind why some one really wants to be one.

Is it becuase you have issews with your parents or some other thing in life that makes you feel you need an escape?
Is it life at school or work so bad that once more there is a drive to hide behind a mask or fluf and fur?
What drives a person to want to be like this?
do you feel the word has rejected you?
Is it just something you feel you need/have to do?

I am not trying to flame here or any thing i know i asked some tuff stuff but i ask the harder things becuase i want to know and i want you to all look at your selfs and truly tell why you do what you do.

Edited by Saren21, 23 July 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#516 Sadhana

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

With regard to the original post. I suppose there would be a need to account for the various dietary restrictions and requirements for each variant of anthropomorphic creature. That being said, foodstuffs and sundries would need to be labeled as such if they might potentially include ingredients that were known to be carcinogenic or toxic to any of the predominant species (?) that constitute the stock of characters present in the universe. Just a first though.

#517 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostSaren21, on 23 July 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

I was kinda wondering maybe its silly and all but what makes someone want to be a furry? i am not trying to flame i am just trying to get an idea behind why some one really wants to be one.

Is it becuase you have issews with your parents or some other thing in life that makes you feel you need an escape?
Is it life at school or work so bad that once more there is a drive to hide behind a mask or fluf and fur?
What drives a person to want to be like this?
do you feel the word has rejected you?
Is it just something you feel you need/have to do?

I am not trying to flame here or any thing i know i asked some tuff stuff but i ask the harder things becuase i want to know and i want you to all look at your selfs and truly tell why you do what you do.

first off.. for someone who claims to not be flaming... the way you worded your questions sound incredibly insulting, second not all of us wear fursuits and very few of us wear them everywhere in public and "hide behind them" as you say those are the black sheep of the fandom. to answer the question as simply as i can, it it not a matter of lack of social acceptance, it is not because i feel the world doesnt accept me, and it is not an escape, i enjoy it because it is just how i am and who i am, and as a community in general furs are far more creative and more prone to act like a decent human being than your average person and the lack of anyone demeaning you for posting that in here is living proof in general id like to think we hold ourselves to a higher standard than normal and i dont think i even have to mention how much longer furry relationships last

Edited by Lightdragon, 24 July 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#518 Pyrite

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationOberpfalz, Germany

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

Saren21, if you truly want to understand furries, I suggest you go a few pages back and read the discussion I had with similar (albeit much better worded) questions. The answers were quite enlightening.

#519 Raavi

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostSaren21, on 23 July 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

(Few irrelevant and completely wrong "ideas as of why" AKA trolls cut here. Most with bad grammar and/or spelling)

Translation:
I am not trying to flame/be rude!
TROLL TROLL FLAME FLAME
I am not trying to flame/be rude!

I have an epic quest for you: read the thread, find the answers. If you fail to find the answers - read the thread again. Repeat until: 1. you found the answers and stopped trolling or 2. didn't find the answers and gave up on trolling.
Quest reward:
1. Enlightment
OR
2. "I lost the internetz" signature

#520 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

thank you ravi for that...uplifting post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users