• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

http://1st-rangers.com/rangers/

Robinson Rangers Brigade

"We will never fail to meet an enemy head on, and will die to protect our families, our friends, our worlds - our livelihood."

Posted Image

Welcome to the Robinson Rangers Brigade recruitment office! If you are viewing this document then you have expressed a certain interest in serving alongside men and women of the Robinson Rangers and serving the greater Federated Suns.

Each of the Robinson Ranger Regiments consist of three battalions, each with three companies and three lances. We also have a reserve unit, for less active players who still wish to be associated with the unit, or for those on extended leave.

A little bit about us. We are a roleplaying unit and consist mostly of 20+ players who are fun loving and mature. We are looking for new members of a similar mindset, who enjoy roleplaying and playing in mechwarrior. We do not expect constant activity, but a couple times a week on our unit forums is expected. If you are interested in joining our unit, please stop by our website and fill out an application form. Please fill out an application before registering with the site. You do not need to register with the site to fill out an application.

Unit Organization

1st Regiment - NA Based Regiment (Full)

1st Battalion
Alpha Company
Bravo Company
Charlie Company

2nd Battalion
Delta Company
Echo Company
Foxtrot Company

3rd Battalion
Golf Company
Hotel Company
Juliet Company

2nd Regiment - European and Oceanic Based Regiment (Recruiting)

4th Battalion
Kilo Company
Lima Company
Mike Company

5th Battalion
November Company
Oscar Company
Papa Company

6th Battalion
Quebec Company
Romeo Company
Sierra Company

3rd Regiment - NA Based Regiment (Recruiting)

7th Battalion
Tango Company
Uniform Company
Violet Company

8th Battalion
Whiskey Company
X Ray Company

We are a unit that strives to come together as a family, and to put each other above individual glory. We have a functioning and robust website and forum, as well as several side projects intended to provide enrichment for unit members. Most of all, we try to put the right people in the right places. We roleplay but we have fun - if you are interested come on by and check out the site.

Edited by Listless Nomad, 28 August 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 28 February 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

"We will never fail to meet an enemy head on, and will die to protect our families, our friends, our worlds - our livelihood."

In short: You meet the enemy and die!

Doesn't sound like a very promising career for new pilots. :D

#3 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostEgomane, on 28 February 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Doesn't sound like a very promising career for new pilots. :D

Sounds like the CCAF battle history. You guys wouldn't know anything about fighting and winning anyway.

#4 Doogiavich

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKooken

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

cough

#5 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Need a cough drop doog?

#6 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 29 February 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

Sounds like the CCAF battle history. You guys wouldn't know anything about fighting and winning anyway.

In every possible wiki, book, etc. I found. Capellan warriors are described as under equiped, but the best warriors in the IS. :)

It is just that fact that even elite can't win against an endless horde. :D

#7 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostAdridos, on 29 February 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

In every possible wiki, book, etc. I found. Capellan warriors are described as under equiped, but the best warriors in the IS. :)

It is just that fact that even elite can't win against an endless horde. :D

Source? Or are you pulling a Sarah Palin here?

#8 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

He's probably using Kai as his example, Capellans like to claim him. :)

On topic note: Love the poster!

Edited by Dihm, 01 March 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#9 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

I hear Liao warriors described as "fanatical" more often than not in the source materials. One must note that "Fanatical" does not mean "Exceptional". Both the Kuritians and Capellans have proven time and time again that fanatical adherence to dogma does not win the day. it may allow you to make immediate gains due to the sacrifices your warriors are willing to make but it is not a good long term strategy.

In the annals of Terran history the rise and fall of the Japanese Empire in the mid 20th century is a perfect example of the problems associated with that particular mindset. The only reason the DC and CC still exist is that they have scores of worlds to pull resources and people from instead of a tiny chain of islands.

One day House Davion will manage to wrest control of the remainder of your worlds from the tyranny of the Liaos and give your people an opportunity to truly experience freedom and individuality. What your rulers claim is individualism, the ability to exceed your born station, is a mere shadow of what it truly means to be an individual. To never have to hold anything above yourself except what you choose to is true individuality. That is what House Davion, the Fed Suns, and the Robinson Rangers fight for, why we exist, why we will be victorious.

Just be glad the Rangers are a Draconis March unit and are focused on the true foe in the IS. You do not want to see what our warriors, tested against the true, capable, enemies of the DCMS would be able to do to your forces. Ever wonder why members of units fighting Capellan units are so often transferred to the DC front? It's because it only requires green recruits to keep your kind in check.

#10 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

I've always considered that a lack of proper supplies is usually a sign of poor leadership, organization, and forethought. Evidenced moreover by the use of state propaganda to ensure loyalty via fanaticism followed by state enforced submission. Simply, Laio soldiers serve their masters, and the state, because they are told too.

In the Rangers we act to inspire each other, because we are friends and family.

Here, at the Comstar message boards, you have our sympathy sir. When we engage you, and yours, on the field of battle you should expect no such sentiment.

Edited by Vexgrave Lars, 01 March 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#11 Roaddog

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBossier City, La

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Applied, waiting for response

#12 Pappy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDover,PA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

hey roadog i need you to fill out the application thread on the forums also, once that is up i will get you ready to go sir

#13 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

In conjunction with the recruitment of additional pilots to fill our ranks our members have continued to develop the unit's strong member orientated identity. As an example here is a lance patch developed for 1st Battalion Bravo Company 2nd Lance

Posted Image

#14 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

I would like to take this oppertunity to really encourage oceanic players to sign up- We have a battalion dedicated to Oceanic players, so you Aussies, Kiwis and other Oceanic players feel free to sign up.

#15 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

Listen to the man - he's the CO and Lt. Colonel...of the Oceanic/European Battalion.

Yes we have one.

#16 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm Major DirtNap of the 1st Robinson Rangers 2nd Battalion Delta Company. As you can see we are well equipped and are ready to kick some dragon A** . If you feel the need to unleash the Fury of the Draconis March, please visit our site and enlist with the Rangers today. The March needs you!

#17 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostEgomane, on 28 February 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Doesn't sound like a very promising career for new pilots. :ph34r:

This guy is on my short list already.

See ya dirtside
=H=

#18 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 03 March 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

See ya dirtside
=H=

Unfortunately his kind never makes for a good fight. Barely worthy of target practice in fact. Lets face it the Capellans are a waste of time, why kill them when we can spend our time taking out Kuritans?

#19 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Gentlemen and women of the Draconis March and Federated Commonwealth,

See here the Dragon hated and corrupt, striking out with vile talons and tainted breath.

Remember Kentares for it could've been your world put to the sword and burnt to ash, it couldve been you children crying as the Dragon hungrily devoured your cities and streets and families.

Join the Robinson Rangers and together we will crush the Dragon and liberate its people from the life of oppression they have slaved under for so long!

#20 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 03 March 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

See ya dirtside
=H=

Yeah, I'm on the List! How do I get into the prime position? Because I fear my comrades will have taken care of you, before you can get to me, if I'm not your prime objective. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users