Controls

18 replies to this topic

#1 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

I looked into various topics here about this, but it seems that one thing wasn't mentioned yet.
PLEASE make the controls full customisible.
I mean, like in MW3. I used joystick in right hand and mouse in left (yes, i'm a left-mouser). Or even use 2 joysticks, if the player wants. In MW3 you could assign every axxis or button of every controller you have to every action. If you want, you could map x-axxis-up to fire group 2.
That's the freedom i really would like to have, so any controll(ers) can do anything.

And for Paul: beside the hula-girl, i would like the option to have a pony in my cockpit also <_<

#2 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

I agree with everything bar the pony. What is it with grown men and little girls toys?

#3 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

probably the same as what's with the 38 year old man calling himself Boymonkey :rolleyes:

just a friendly head's up, I'm aware of at least one Global Moderator of this forum that happens to take a fancy to it. If I were you, I'd drop the pony references before it gets you in trouble here. <_<

#4 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Been called Boymonkey since the age of 8 (I was bitten on the head by a monkey) and my Mum and pals still call me it, Used it as my internet name since 97.
So Iam going to get banned for saying I dislike all the pony crap?

#5 SnowDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hey, easy guys, don't get the thread locked. Take it to PMs if you're really annoyed.

I imagine in the scontrol settings you'd be able to do whatever you liked to make your experience as good as possible. I, for one, am hoping for an MW4 system, press button, fire weapon group, press another, different weapon group. Then another button for Alpha Strike

#6 Alantin

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

fully mappable would be better than not I imagine <_<

#7 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Yes you can customize controls to suit your needs. This includes mouse, keyboard, joystick, flight system, shakeweight

#8 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Shakeweight??! Did I miss something?

View PostSnowDragon, on 11 March 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

Hey, easy guys, don't get the thread locked. Take it to PMs if you're really annoyed.

It's all good Snow, was hoping my smilies showed that I was trying to be helpful, not condescending. (I love smilies if you could't tell) No need for locking.

#9 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 11 March 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

Yes you can customize controls to suit your needs. This includes mouse, keyboard, joystick, flight system, shakeweight

TrackIR?

#10 Belisarius1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

You just made my day. I'd been worried about this. Thank you.

Please make sure it's actually fully customisable; way too many games leave things like the mousewheel hardbound and never bother to fix it.

#11 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

is there a service or someone that will clean out the pony dodo from the cockpit.

#12 Kleine Vidan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPhilippines (Ortigas City)

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

I would like to have a fully-customizeable control scheme, as well. Especially since I'll be playing these games on my MacBookPro. (Yes, they aren't designed for this game and vice versa, but they work. I will, however, need to change the keymappings as some keys on Macs do not exist in PC... the opposite is true as well.)

As for cleaning service for your mech, I think the guys in the hangar with orange jumpsuits also perform that task. But they'll probably hate you for it. How do you fit a pony throught the entrance hatches, anyway?

#13 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

I suspect it's not really coming from the pony... ;)

#14 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:25 AM

Nana, this wont get locked because of pony-haters, so chill.
IF it would get locked, i demand a Wiederspruchstest right on on MW3:)

View PostSnowDragon, on 11 March 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

I imagine in the scontrol settings you'd be able to do whatever you liked to make your experience as good as possible. I, for one, am hoping for an MW4 system, press button, fire weapon group, press another, different weapon group. Then another button for Alpha Strike

For that, MW4 had NOTHING of the free config for controllers MW3 had. To put it simply, i was not allowed to make my "joystick right hand, mouse left hand" config., thats what im trying to say. Or even "1 Joystick right hand and 1 joystick left hand", i hope you get what i try to say. Truely FREE config.

But that seems to clear all:

I and My Pinky Pie take your word on it,
If not, we see ingame :D

#15 mofiki

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

support for the big steelbattalion controller would be awesome

#16 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostMorgana, on 11 March 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

probably the same as what's with the 38 year old man calling himself Boymonkey :D

just a friendly head's up, I'm aware of at least one Global Moderator of this forum that happens to take a fancy to it. If I were you, I'd drop the pony references before it gets you in trouble here. :D

Heh....at least one, :D

all Pony references will be removed to the pony thread... :blink:

Yes you can customize controls to suit your needs. This includes ... shakeweight

Google it on "South Park Episodes" Thats your only clue. :(

#17 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostMetro, on 20 March 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Yes you can customize controls to suit your needs. This includes ... shakeweight

Google it on "South Park Episodes" Thats your only clue. :D

After losing a battle in MWO your taxi money will be dispensed from the shakeweight for your dropship ride home!

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 20 March 2012 - 06:05 AM.

#18 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

View Postmofiki, on 20 March 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

support for the big steelbattalion controller would be awesome

As Paul said, free config is build in. So i think, every controller that is recognized by Windows Dinput can be assigned to any ingame control. So even something like the steel battalion controller, which is nothing other as some pedals, joysticks and a few keys glued together should work fine. Again, as long as Dinput sees it.
Even some exotic controller can be used when remapped with some software like glovepie.
Only when the game (like MW4) doesn't allow full custom control support things get ugly.

#19 synergy453

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

I hope theres also a button to touch that little Hula-Girl while I'm sitting behind a hill in my Atlas scouting :blush:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users