BattleTech and MechWarrior on TVTropes.

5 replies to this topic

#1 NameTheftVictim

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Any fellow TV Tropes nerds here? For those of you that don't know, TV Tropes is a wiki that catalogues the tropes and conventions found in all sorts of fiction.

Here's the pages on BattleTech and MechWarrior. And because it's a wiki, you can create an account and edit the articles yourselves (in case you find any factual errors or whatever else).

#2 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

TV Tropes said:

Apparently, Megamek is the official military strategic planning software of the Lyran Alliance.

Not surprised in the least. Actually, if I recall a certain passage from one of the Gray Death Legion books set on Glengarry, Megamek is also used for computer simulated training. It rolls the dice in the background to determine if an attack was effective or not.

#3 LoneDragon

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 32 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

ok reading that list made my day, Thanks!

#4 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostNameTheftVictim, on 15 March 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Any fellow TV Tropes nerds here? For those of you that don't know, TV Tropes is a wiki that catalogues the tropes and conventions found in all sorts of fiction.

Here's the pages on BattleTech and MechWarrior. And because it's a wiki, you can create an account and edit the articles yourselves (in case you find any factual errors or whatever else).

Wait... did you just link people to tvtropes without warning them about the excessive wiki walking that site can induce in first time visitors? :unsure:
Now, some users will be gone for a few days. Or weeks.

#5 Morashtak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostExilyth, on 16 March 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Wait... did you just link people to tvtropes without warning them about the excessive wiki walking that site can induce in first time visitors? B) Now, some users will be gone for a few days. Or weeks.

Just got back from watching Sam Kinison's Wild Thing video.

Don't ask me how the heck I wound up there after starting with MechWarrior. I blame the links, yeah, that's it, the links.

I miss Sam.

#6 Dataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationJakarta, ID

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

i can't access. it said error 403: forbidden

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users