254 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

So i was roaming Sarna to expand my BT-Lore knowledge when i read about the dark age. I don´t know but this time fascinates me. On the one hand advanced technology and lots of military and on the other hand shattered remnants of human civilisation, so i thought : Why not Zoidberg? Why not start an RP in this time ?

My ideas about setting are still unorganized and i need to read quite a lot about that stuff, but i guess it´s safe to open a Brainstoming-thread. I´ll put up more information later on, but for now this :

The Setting will most likely be somewhen after the HPG blackout in 3132, maybe 3140 or something, of if that doesn´t fit the taste somewhen around 3090. Plot depends on setting :D Feel free to criticise or to post ideas and the like :)

#2 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

I think that in order to do this, you would have to set it up so we were part of one of the factions. either that or we would have to face an invasion of the mariks, due to the fact that for the most part, a lot of the possible stories post blackout have already be told.

#3 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

My plan was more like we ( so our chars ) are hired as mercenaries from someone called "Fudge". He gives us the mission to pursue a rumor , that on the planet of"Stillunnamend" a functional mobile HPG still exists unscratched. Planet "Stillunnamed" however is basically a killzone. Deadly enviroment ( Extreme cold, storms, blizzards) and as of late Marik troups have invaded the world for they heard of that rumor too, but they seem know more about the HPG on the planet.

At least that´d be a first draft

#4 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

If you point it at the FedSuns or Lyrans they have 'Black Boxes' that are essentially a portable version of HPGs, although less efficient. Given the blackout it would make sense for other groups to send mercs to go and try to steal some of them. Could be another thought.

#5 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Here are a few plot ideas for a Darkage setting CG.

-The players roleplay as republic personal trapt outside of the republic after Jonah Levin closes the borders to create the "Fortress Republic". Stuck on a hostile planet that feels abandoned and betrayed by the Republic the players have to survive with out any chance of reinforcements or extraction. Possible player ideas: Knight of the Sphere, Ghost Knight, Diplomat, Security trooper, Clerk, Ground Keeper, Anyone who might work at the local consulate. Timeline October, 1, 3135

-The players play as a team House Steiner Loki agents, tasked with infiltrating the NAIS research facilities on New Avalon and stealing (reclaiming?) the legendary "black boxs". The only means of faster than light communication left now that the HPG network has collapsed. Possible Player Ideas: Spy, Undercover Spy, Scientist, Special Forces Personal. Timeline sometime after the fall of the HPG, prior the the events of Fortress Republic (Between 3132 and 3135)

-The players play as small mercenary unit employed by the richest man in the universe, Jacob Banson, on a "good will mission" to rescue a group of republic scientists and weapon engineers who are stranded in the heavily contested Prefecture IX. Of course Mr. Banson has a more sinister intent for the scientists, and its up to the players to decide if they turn the scientists over to Banson or risk their reputations and lives by backing out of the contract. Possible Player Ideas: Standard Mercenary Scum, Banson Industries Liason Officer, Scientist. Timeline anytime after 3132

-Planetary Invasion! Some worlds still have functioning HPGs. And the Waring factions of the quickly collapsing Sphere want it. The players are members of the planetary defense force, or are the invaders. Player Ideas: Weekend Warriors, Retired ***** Vets, and Concspited infantry or if playing as the invaders Standard Merc scum. Timeline after the fall of the HPG network (3132)

These ideas all came from my "idea master list" I've been working on over a week or so, in case I decided to do another RP.

#6 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Dude, are you some kind of Dan Abnett ? Even your shopping list sizzles with cinematic excitement !

What i wanted to do is some half-psycho snow raven girl piloting an Omen and that was why i first wanted to start a dark age RP.

I don´t know but that with the "Pool´s closed due to Fortress Republic" sounds cool. Or how about stuck on some station on a moon or some mars-like planet(i.e. cold, desert, no breathable air) and for the first few RP-Days we´ll have to get the station active again ( Heating, air supply, electricity, communication). Once comm is active send a call for help, which will be answered, but by the wrong guys or something like that.

#7 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

My lore on anything Dark Age or even everything after the FedCom civil war is next to non-existant. But I'm for whatever.

#8 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

I Think that would be awesome. but I think if we do a 3100+ era game, We can't have more than 1 to 2 battlemechs in the group. which is no problem for me, I like the idea of being a tanker here. but can we make custom vehicles?

#9 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, battlemechs are seriously rare in that timeline. I'd love to dibs a battlearmor though.

#10 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

<~~~~~~~PBI on motorcycle. :)

#11 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostChaosGrinder, on 14 October 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

Dude, are you some kind of Dan Abnett ? Even your shopping list sizzles with cinematic excitement !

Pfft. I'm way better than Abnett. I'm not writing for Warhammer...Zing. (but really. His stuff is awesome)

#12 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostBrother Grim, on 14 October 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Yeah, battlemechs are seriously rare in that timeline. I'd love to dibs a battlearmor though.

I think you get a whole team of battle armor usually. But I made a 100 ton Clan Tank that I am liking. twin Gauss and twin ERMLAS 7 tons gauss ammo, 1 ams with 2 tons of ammo. 94 points of frontal armor in TT. should be rather fun. As for BA, my favorite was always the kanazuchi. (note to make environmentally sealed tanks on SAW, you need to use the advanced rules. not tourney legal.)

Edited by dal10, 14 October 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#13 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Wait... Umm a hostile enviroment as the setting? Ummm I think I have to upgrade to battlearmor. or atleast just for when we're in the hostile enviroment anyways.

#14 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Thom, battlearmor team, it would be legit.

#15 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

I was just going off of the suggestion at being stuck on a planet with little to no atmosphere, such as the moon.

#16 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

A "flavor" suggestion, if you do decide to go with the hostile environment RP, Instead of running a cold and desolate Mars style planet what if you went with a planet more akin to Venus? Highly toxic air, acidic pools, gas clouds that obscure vision. Just a really nasty place on the outside, with the "station" being a bio-habitat dome.

Or not, I just see that as being Cooler by at least +15 over mars.

#17 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

We would ALL die. you could not take anything not specifically designed to go there to venus. So yeah... I vote maybe highly toxic atmosphere. NO ACID POOLS....

#18 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

I am fine with self-built vehicles as long as they are not heavier than 126 tons.

I will pilot a battlemech if that´s ok for you. I´m fine with a second and even a third. If we take the stranded at a mars-like planet setting, you won´t need a space suit, but at least a breathing mask and a skinsuit and warm clothing.

#19 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Well, enviromental shielding in BT is generally all-inclusive so I don't think we'd need any planet-specific gear per-say. Just a suitable amount of sealing and protection, which would only be terribly problematic for vehicles and infantry since they tend to be more open. 'Mechs are all sealed to the best of my knowledge, as is BA.

#20 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Who says we have to all live dal? If we have to leave the Bio-Dome there should be a really good chance of us melting in our armor. And i'm sure battlearmor can withstand the corrosive atmosphere for a limited time, but if you fall in a puddle you deserve to melt. Right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users