#1 zerojinx

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationnashvegas tn

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hey everyone,

I was thinking of making a mech pilot costume this upcoming year and was playing around with the idea of having a custom embroidered patch made. I was thinking that others may be interested in this. It is a generic merc pilot patch, and would measure 4" across and 3" high.

Below is a rough idea. What do you guys think? Any critiques?

Posted Image

#2 ItsKrunchTime

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

You're going to be spending all night explaining what your costume is to people.
But hey, it's your costume. Go for it if you like it.
Also what would your costume consist of?
Are you just going to wear a jumpsuit? Or are you going to try to make a prop cooling vest/neurohelmet?

#3 zerojinx

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Locationnashvegas tn

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hah, I have no problem with obscure costumes, plus if you make it cool enough people like it anyways :rolleyes:

I want to really put some thought into it. I want it to reflect being a mercenary, so it will be part Mad Max looking. I also want to have systems that would be needed, but patched together (duct tape and love). So basic leather jacket and cargo pants, but then big boots with a cooling system linked into the jacket. And I thought about making a neurohelmet that was more modern looking. Smaller and a little sleeker. Also probably a small screen built into the wrist for read outs.

I'll post some drawings later this week.

#4 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts
  • Locationthe crater that used to be Black Mesa, dipping the last Oreo into the last glass of milk.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Im game. you thinking of selling them or something?

#5 zerojinx

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Locationnashvegas tn

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

I was thinking of doing a Kickstarter. I have had good results with past projects.

#6 zerojinx

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Locationnashvegas tn

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Ok I got sucked into the idea tonight and did a rough sketch.

Posted Image

Big boots for cooling. Small Neurohelmet to reflect more advanced technology (if we have google glass coming out, i think a neurohelmet could be pretty small). Small arms belt and a liquid cooled jacket.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users