Blazing Aces Recruiting Competitive Pilots

83 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

http://www.blazingaces.info

Welcome to our new recruiting thread. Please read on for information about our unit, philosophy and recruiting.

Recruiting Status: Highly Selective
Spades: Highly Selective
Hearts: Highly Selective
Diamonds: Open
Clubs: Open

Leagues we fight in
Marik Civil War
RHOD (Run Hot or Die)

Procedure
Interested pilots should browse our site and post on our recruiting forums, following the application guidelines. A recruiting officer will contact you to set up an interview and an initial evaluation. Pending a successful interview you will be assigned as a Joker (our trainee rank) for a period of one month. After that month the pilot will be evaluated again. At that point, the pilot will either be dismissed, kept on as a Joker for further training or admitted into the unit as a 2.

What we're looking for
-Veteran in skill level or willing to train with our pilots to get to that level
-Winning mindset. We play to win.
-Mature, 18+.
-Mic, TS3, English-speaking
-Active and willing to dedicate some hours to training
-Team players capable of putting team ahead of self in battle

You may post an application to our forums for an interview and evaluation before entrance is offered to the unit. Please be sure to follow the directions on the forum. Applications not filled out completely or properly will be discarded.

Philosophy
We are a group of veteran competitive pilots who play to win. Despite our competitive mindset we are not jerks. We do not tolerate disrespect shown to our own pilots or to our opponents. We desire expertise in our pilot's preferred role and suit. Pilots should aspire to be the best in their roles and take pride in what they do.

Who we are
We are a group of veteran pilots who have played together for over 13 years.

As mentioned in the Unit History, the Aces were formed from a series of long time MechWarrior veterans, with experience in all of it's incarnations ranging from MechWarrior 1 to classic BattleTech and the early CRPGs. We have a lot of experience commanding drops, with a focus on good terrain management and ensuring our units can focus fire enemies optimally at all times. We're large on maintaining com discipline during fights and take a very organized approach to the game.

We lean towards a serious, no-quarter-given style and our pilots are expected to do what it takes to win - we are a pro-legging, boating, jump sniping unit that has no qualms with shooting our enemies in the back if we can. We have no problems with using the best equipment available, boating or any configuration that's combat effective. That said we always honorably stick by our contracts and alliances.

Organization
We organize ourselves in the method of a deck of playing cards. Our subunits are the suits and our ranking structure is the numbers. When pilots enter the unit they are assigned to a suit based on their preferred gameplay.

The Suits
Spades- They are the Hussars, a mix of scouts and raiders who emphasize speed and maneuverability. They are also crack shots at range and specialize in causing chaos in enemy ranks.

CO: KJ Crow
XO: Sir Trent Howell

Clubs- They are the heavy cavalry, Cuirassiers and Cataphracts that provide heavy armor and firepower often piloting Heavy and Assault 'Mechs.

CO: Jace Nevada
XO: Ramistrov

Hearts- The Hearts are our mobile attack units, specializing in quick 'Mechs capable of outmaneuvering and destroying enemy forces.

CO: Fred Sampson
XO: Xander Grey

Diamonds- The Diamonds are the fire support units. They specialize in LRMs and Gauss Rifles and pour fire into the battle from a distance.

CO: Victor Morson
XO: Stun

The Ranks
Aces- The administrative leadership of the unit. They manage general policy and foreign policy.
Kings- Field Officers. They manage the pilots, drop command and recruit and train pilots for their suits.
Jacks- Line Officers. The Jacks drop command and often do recruiting and training.
7-10s- Non-commissioned Officers. They also make up the competitive playerbase of the unit.
4-6s- General members of the unit and in training to join the competitive ranks.
2-3s- New members on probationary period. They are evaluated and trained heavily.
Joker- Trainee. These are pilots who have passed the application and interview process.

Edited by Sir Trent Howell, 18 February 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#2 Blackie Flawless

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

We also have a growing European player base, for which we are recruiting pilots with the above mentioned mindset.

#3 Overdog

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

We have the best Wangs around...come see them in action.

#4 WarLoki

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDayton, OH

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Dude! You totally went there...

#5 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

EU Division currently looking for competitive pilots to fill all roles, though especially for the Hearts and Diamond Suits.

Apply at : http://www.blazingaces.info/forums/ if you have what it takes.

#6 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

The Aces are still recruiting. Apply to our forums today!

#7 Overdog

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

A video of one of our pilots in action and a basic tutorial on piloting a Jenner. Click Me.

#8 Jao

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Nice Vid Overdog, and yes... they do have nice Wangs..

Although the lack of sense of humor is astonishing../sarcasm off

#9 Anubis6

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 16 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Great group of people, Serious when it matters, and jokes the rest of the time... as you tell by the amount of wangs flying around :D . There's always a focus on training and achieving more for yourself.

#10 Overdog

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Anyone interested please feel free to ask us any questions about the unit. We are willing to train pilots who show us the right attitude even if their experience is lacking.

#11 Kharn Nete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Not my intention to join, as I already I'm on a Merc Corp, but just want to give some kudos to these people after playing against some of them few hours ago.

I have no idea if it was a full premade or just part, as I can only remember two names of the Spades division (Blackfire and, I think, Blackie Flawless), but it was a pleasure to kill them ( :rolleyes: ). Great fight and better attitude :D

Edited by Kharnete, 31 October 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#12 Blackfire87

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hey Khanmete! I remember you!! Sadly I had to take you one and your buddy in the cicada. Both of you were great pilots, but it was a great fight! I defiantly need a rematch!!!

#13 Overdog

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

I can honestly say we have some of the best pilots in the game...if you dont believe me fill out an application and drop with us and prove me wrong.

#14 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Bumping this again. We've had many new applicants lately and accepted several who meet our qualifications.

#15 Blackfire87

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Still Looking for new blood!! Come check us out!!

#16 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Just a friendly bump for a nice group of pilots. Drop by anytime gents and we will do a few coordinated drops, we always have several groups ready to roll. TS info in case not handy is TS.blackthornes.com pw Blackthornes. Just message any officer there, they will drag you to a company and get it rolling. Good luck with your recruiting. For those looking for a team, these are a good group

#17 Vollstrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

One of the better groups I've found in any game, don't pass up this opportunity if you can avoid it!

#18 zenlike

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm an experienced pilot and I just joined the Blazing Aces a few days ago. I've been having a great time with these guys. Great pilots without any drama.

#19 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Update to include the new Blazing Aces Field Manual.

Check it out for detailed information about our unit and systems.

Edited by Sir Trent Howell, 04 November 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#20 Codon

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Just joined up - having way too much fun in the game now. Try a few games with us if get a chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users