Mechwarrior Online Tutorial Videos [Updated 12-23-12]

6 replies to this topic

#1 KageKaze

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

NOTICE: If you wish to get a message when new Tutorials come out, click on "Follow This Topic" Button at the top of this page.

Greetings fellow MechWarriors!

Welcome to OPEN BETA, I wanted to provide some training materials for some newer MechWarriors and to help players understand how the game works. I have noticed among testers that some of the information in the game is not easily understood or doesn't seem very intuitive for players. Typically this is by players who either haven't played a MechWarrior game before or haven't been following along with the beta religiously. That said, even if you have been keeping up, the information isn't always available at a glance (as beta is beta, these things will most likely be addressed).

To this end I have made some Tutorial YouTube videos to help players ease into the game. As of right now I only have 3 tutorials for the basics, but I am planning to make some more. Any suggestions or feedback on these videos would be greatly appreciated as I would like to try and make things easier on anyone who wants to try the game. I am hoping to improve player enjoyment of what I consider to be a much anticipated (highly needed) and finely crafted game (bugs aside.. it is BETA!!).

MechWarrior Online Tutorial part 1 - Getting Started and Instant Action

Learn how to get started with the game and what menu options you have available as a new MechWarrior pilot. Includes how to set your options, select your Battlemech, and preview your 'Mech capabilities.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0PFqUbvOwI

MechWarrior Online Tutorial part 2 - Heads Up Display and Targeting Information

Learn what the parts of your 'Mech's Heads Up Display (HUD) do and how to decipher the information given to you at a glance. This video will give you a very brief overview on nearly everything you will need to know in order to get started in battle and how to interpret the data to make better combat decisions.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJPnLB3Q4Aw

MechWarrior Online Tutorial part 3 - How to set up Firing Groups, Chain Fire, and Link Fire

Learn how to configure your firing groups and how to set up both Chain and Link fire modes. Learn the best methods for optimizing your targeting efficiency as well as prevent an unexpected buildup of heat. This tutorial will help you separate your Torso weapons from your Arm weapons in order to prevent wasted ammo and energy on shots that will not hit your target.

MechWarrior Online Tutorial part 4 - Using the MechLab and creating a Mech

Learn how to use the MechLab and how to create your own mech. This Tutorial is a handled in a hands-on exercise approach. You will see a mech being purchased and customized from start to near-finish. This will give you an idea of how piecing a mech together over time can work and what things you might need to consider before you go "all in" into a build type. This guide tries to cover all the basic features of the MechLab, as such not everything may be covered. Future segments can be created if there appears to be a need for it. If you wish to support this project, please leave feedback in comments or at theshadowpost, at gmail dot com.

This Tutorial videos contains the following subjects (click to see all topics covered):
Spoiler

MechWarrior Online Tutorial part 5 - Energy Weapons: Lasers, PPCs, Flamers, and TAG

Recommended Reading:
Spoiler

This guide goes over everything you need to know about energy weapons and why you would choose them over ballistics. Topics covered are Lasers, Pulse Lasers, PPCs, Flamers, and TAG.

Edited by KageKaze, 23 December 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#2 ThinkFlight

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

AH!!! i'm glad these got reposed! Thanks so much!

#3 KageKaze

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

Glad I saved this post, it wasn't stickied so I thought it might get lost. I would like to request this post gets a sticky, however, as it seemed to be quite useful to those in closed beta. Also, I've added my MechLab video to the top, anyone who followed this thread before should take a look, I know some were asking for it :)

#4 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Some nice vids, great info on them.
+1 :blink:

#5 Wildedge

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Your tutorials are excellent. Thank you very much. (From a father and his ten year old son, both learning)

#6 KageKaze

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Greetings Mechwarriors! I want to apologize for the long silence. Between other projects taking up time and the need to build up my C-Bills to work on my next segments, it's been a slow road. I wanted to let everyone know I'm working hard on getting my next guide up which will be focusing on the Energy Weapon types. I've included my transcript here which will be in the video and I'm looking for suggestions on anything I might need to change or add. Please feel free to look it over as I still have a lot of video editing to do before I can get it done.

MechWarrior Online Tutorial Series - Energy Weapons
Spoiler

#7 KageKaze

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Guide has been updated with the video I had mentioned in the previous post. Feedback highly sought after, so please let me know what you think. Corrections about any information also welcome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users