87 replies to this topic

#81 sicky

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

there was a statement in one of the "Ask the Devs" on that topic.

View PostGarth Erlam, on 17 September 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Q: Is there any plans to locate servers anywhere but USA? [Vovochka404]
A: Yes, but I can't say when (because I have no idea.) Suffice to say we're planning on it. [Garth]

Cheers!

#82 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Hopefully he'll consider this thread his quarterly reminder that 200+ pings suck balls for everyone concerned.

#83 sicky

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Here is some more important info:

...Also, when servers are setup in your region, you will be given a onetime opportunity to transfer to those region’s servers taking everything you own with you...

found here: http://mwomercs.com/...eveloper-update

#84 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Promise servers in June.

Admit you have no idea what you're doing about servers, if anything, in September.

Thanks for the links but as with everything MWO I'll believe it when I see it, not when someone blogs about it...

#85 Therion I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHerts, UK

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

I said back in June that I wouldn't pay a penny until there were EU servers and I haven't. I'm very eager to pay the moment they do get them though.

Maybe it's just the time of day when I usually play, but when I jump into a match I see roughly 1-3 players with sub 100ms ping, 1-3 with over 200ms ping and the rest 100-200. Which leads me to think the playerbase is certainly there for an EU server.

#86 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostTherion I, on 28 January 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

I said back in June that I wouldn't pay a penny until there were EU servers and I haven't. I'm very eager to pay the moment they do get them though.

Maybe it's just the time of day when I usually play, but when I jump into a match I see roughly 1-3 players with sub 100ms ping, 1-3 with over 200ms ping and the rest 100-200. Which leads me to think the playerbase is certainly there for an EU server.

NA based players can still be playing with 100-200 pings you know.

#87 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostTherion I, on 28 January 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

my experience of this game and others is that I get a 110ms ping to canada, and about the same to servers in say, germany... so for me there would be no real added benefit to euro servers

View PostDV McKenna, on 28 January 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

NA based players can still be playing with 100-200 pings you know.

this, most of my group mates are somewhere in NA and have very similar pings to me most of the time

#88 Therion I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHerts, UK

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Surely if all you NA are getting crap pings then there's more reason for EU servers so at least WE can have decent connections ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users