List of current and announced 'mechs

234 replies to this topic

#141 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:28 AM

Updated with Fenris (Ice Ferret) and TDR-9SE(C) as per today's patch.

#142 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

Updated with RVN-3L(C) and Hellbringer variants.

#143 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Added the King Crab and Gargoyle as per today's patch notes, updated release date list.

#144 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

Just an FYI, you've typed Mad Dog instead of Gargoyle in the Assault Clan list.

J2L

#145 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostJohnny Two Legs, on 15 December 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

Just an FYI, you've typed Mad Dog instead of Gargoyle in the Assault Clan list.

Fixed, thank you.

#146 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

Great info!

Glad to see the Flea might be avaiable, funny little bugger with insane speed, the fastest of all light mechs wasnt it? (MW 4 Mercs. Ofcourse the Trashca... Urbanmech is a MUST, yesyes!

I know kinda lore-wise and whatnot, the mechs I want to see are further down the timeline and in realtime.
Mauler, Argus, Hellhound, Wolfhound, Bushwacker, Cougar (slower but more firepower than the Puma/ Adder), Fafnir (now that one was invented around 3100 me thinks and it frightens me more than the king crab and daishi :o
I understand though that we might not see some/ all of these mechs for a looong time or not at all?

Edited by Tordin, 25 December 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#147 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostTordin, on 25 December 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

Great info!

Glad to see the Flea might be avaiable, funny little bugger with insane speed, the fastest of all light mechs wasnt it? (MW 4 Mercs. Ofcourse the Trashca... Urbanmech is a MUST, yesyes!

I know kinda lore-wise and whatnot, the mechs I want to see are further down the timeline and in realtime.
Mauler, Argus, Hellhound, Wolfhound, Bushwacker, Cougar (slower but more firepower than the Puma/ Adder), Fafnir (now that one was invented around 3100 me thinks and it frightens me more than the king crab and daishi :o
I understand though that we might not see some/ all of these mechs for a looong time or not at all?

Actually the Mauler and Wolfhound can come in game, the Bushwacker will be in game in a couple of years.

If PGI allows IIC mechs into the game by sharing the EXP pool with normal IS versions then the Wolverine IIC aka the Hellhound could pop up as well.

Also the Fafnir was a 3060's design, not a 3100's xD.

The mauler can only fit into the game by bending some rules but it can be in game.

#148 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 December 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

The mauler can only fit into the game by bending some rules but it can be in game.

To be fair, the same can be said for the Enforcer as it only has 2 canon variants in the time period. I foresee the major stumbling block on the Mauler being less of an issue now.

#149 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 25 December 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

To be fair, the same can be said for the Enforcer as it only has 2 canon variants in the time period. I foresee the major stumbling block on the Mauler being less of an issue now.

Same with the HAMMERHANDS :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

#150 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

View PostTordin, on 25 December 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

Glad to see the Flea might be avaiable, funny little bugger with insane speed, the fastest of all light mechs wasnt it?

That would be the Locust actually :o

Flea base speed is only 97kph (running without MASC)
I do not know how fast it runs WITH MASC (119 according to Sarna)- and it may outrun most Locust with it active (still slower)- but as the record of Fastest Mech goes to one Locust variant running at ~300kph..... :rolleyes:

Edit:
LCT-6M listed at the bottom of Sarna's page on the Locust.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 27 December 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#151 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

Aha! I must have thought of the Ares mech not the Fafnir regarding 3135 :P
Well congrats to the Locust :D
Im kinda new to the Battletech franchise, learning this and that as I go, but I do hope they stick to canon as much as possible when it come to stuff throwed in MWO and future titles.

I was a devout fan of a few other franchises ( Halo, Heroes, Mass Effect, Heroes of Might and Magic etc) until they threw WAY to much lore out of the window and derailed my interest (mostly publisher faults or developers with way to extreme ideas). So I hope, if possible PGI wont bend too many rules regarding canon. Even for a Mauler or others, because that I will understand.

#152 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 25 December 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Well the Enforcer may become cannon sometime.

I mean there was a lot of apocryphal mechs released in previous MW titles or Table top which became later on finalized into cannon.

Who knows if PGI hooked up with the people who do the modern TT and stuff and tried to make it cannon together. I mean they did do a lot off work already getting us the unseen mechs.
(jenner, locust, shadowhawk, griffon, wolverine, thunderbolt, battlemaster, etc)

It wouldn't surprise me if sneaky stuff happened behind the scenes.

But anyway the Mauler does technically have 3 variants by the timeline, It's just one of them is technically another mech.

This 'extra' is the Daboku. It has pretty much nearly an indentical load out and is the same as a mauler practically in all but name.

Another mech that could be an option (however this isn't a cannon mech) is a linesman. Which does have a 'mauler' variant on a spread sheet with the exact load out and also is in the german TT stuff and stuff. isn't strictly cannon however these 2 mechs are a better option then making up a new variant.

The other thing is PGI could do field modifications. The same way how we only have 2 HIghlander variants but we have 4 in game. (732 and 733 are the variants, the field modifications of the 733 is the 733c and 733p)

#153 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostTordin, on 27 December 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

Aha! I must have thought of the Ares mech not the Fafnir regarding 3135 :P
Well congrats to the Locust :D
Im kinda new to the Battletech franchise, learning this and that as I go, but I do hope they stick to canon as much as possible when it come to stuff throwed in MWO and future titles.

I was a devout fan of a few other franchises ( Halo, Heroes, Mass Effect, Heroes of Might and Magic etc) until they threw WAY to much lore out of the window and derailed my interest (mostly publisher faults or developers with way to extreme ideas). So I hope, if possible PGI wont bend too many rules regarding canon. Even for a Mauler or others, because that I will understand.

Well the thing is the game can't be 100% cannon/ lore friendly.

There are things in a first person game that can't be done like TT. (for example... the Jenner, Cicada, Nova, Locust, etc are mechs WITH OUT a torso turn. This was fine in TT but in a FPS it's extremely punishing)

Or the mechanics of heat. Running versus Walking. etc...

There are things the game mimics... for eg the modules are a representation of certain types of weapons due to production differences due to the model of company.

This can result in lower heat, more range, faster fire rate, higher crit, etc.

Anyway. I do hope the game tries to do something about the clan energy weapons situation. Those things are so hot they practically break any cannon use off them.

#154 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

Assault 'mechs
100 Tons - King Crab

#155 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:03 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 28 December 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

Assault 'mechs
100 Tons - King Crab

Added, thank you.

#156 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

Since the Mad Dog available for MC was released way ahead of schedule when are we going to be able to purchase it for CBills?

I know PGI goes nuts when pricing clan mechs but I think we should all be in agreement that it should cost significantly less than a Timber.

#157 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 08 January 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Since the Mad Dog available for MC was released way ahead of schedule when are we going to be able to purchase it for CBills?

I know PGI goes nuts when pricing clan mechs but I think we should all be in agreement that it should cost significantly less than a Timber.

It's 15 mil in TT. So it will probably be around 13-15 here. I don't expect it to be any cheaper than 13.

#158 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

You should probably add "Dawnstealer's Hatchetman & Urbanmech." I'm pretty sure it's going to drop into my garage...right....about....NOW

*runs to garage*

*sobs*

#159 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 08 January 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

actually no...

Mad Dog is still coming on it's original C-bill day.

They can release a mech early but they struggle to get the skins out fast enough for an early c-bill release most likely.

#160 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 08 January 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

It's 15 mil in TT. So it will probably be around 13-15 here. I don't expect it to be any cheaper than 13.

Judging from the MC price it should be around 10 to 13 million c-bills.
I tried to do maths for the mad dog as I did with other mechs but something went wrong I think because I came up with the price 6.9 million for the mad dog :unsure: I know something went wrong, I think it is my calculation of the armour but I am finding quite a bit of problems getting accurate cost prices on certain clan stuff especially when the engine is hardwired....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users