• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I've been reading through the NUMEROUS threads in the general section regarding LRMs. Everyone seems to have an opinion on whether they are OP or have been NERFed too much. Let me state right from the start
I AM NOT ARGUING FOR OR AGAINST LRM OP OR NERF
Personally LRMs are neither here nor there in my opinion on whether they're too powerful or not powerful enough. This is an idea regarding the difference in firing with direct LoS and when using indirect LoS
I'm suggesting this idea because after reading through the aforementioned posts I noticed one thign common between them all.
LoS

So without any discussion on damage, rate of fire, etc. I think this would actually help balance LRMs in general

When using direct LoS have the LRMs fire in a slightly tighter group and increase probability of more missiles hitting the target

When using indirect LoS have LRMs fire in a slightly looser group and decrease probability of more missiles hitting the target

Without changing anything to do with the actual weapons system I think this would actually help balance how they are USED as opposed to how often and such.

Both modes of fire are still perfectly viable but at the same time it supports the canon idea that firing using indirect LoS resulted in less accuracy and was much more difficult to use

This wouldn't affect other items such as tag, narc, and artemis. In fact it actually makes them more useful for indirect LoS firing.
Just wanted to suggest it as it seems to be one of the major hotpoints for the players base at the moment :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users