20 replies to this topic

#1 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Clan AKC is getting closer to officially supporting MWO, we are expanding into a "MULTI" gaming organization, and I have just opened a channel in our TeamSpeak 3 server for MechWarrior Online. The TeamSpeak information is on our front page address and port number, etc, etc, etc..
We are a "MATURE" Clan, so please, only 18 and older..
If you are looking for a friendly TS server, then please register on our website at http://www.teamakc.net/news.php please read our code of conduct rules before entering our Teamspeak, a member will give you permissions to enter the "MECHWARRIOR" channel, and give you talk permissions.. Also be sure to put a capital "M" before your users name when creating a user name for the AKC TeamSpeak server, that way you will be more quickly recognized, and given permissions to use the TeamSpeak channel.. Sub channels for different squads will be created as needed..
I will be putting together squads for MWO, and promoting Team Captains from the MWO squads within the next month, these Captains will not be exclusively current AKC members, but rather players with MWO experience...
After you register at http://www.teamakc.net/news.php new TeamSpeak users will have 2 weeks to decide if they wish to join AKC or not, this will also be the time limit for NON Clan members to use the AKC TeamSpeak server channel "MECHWARRIOR"..
Clan AKC was formed in 2004, and has rented many, many, FPS title servers, competed in leagues, and has Allies in the FPS world, and we have recently decided to expand into a "MULTI" gaming organization online...
After registering at http://www.teamakc.net/news.php if you have any additional questions regarding TeamSpeak use, or Clan code of conduct, or anything else at all, then contact
[AKC]Odin, Clan leader, second in command...

Edited by Odins Fist, 11 November 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#2 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Post this over in Merc Corps, this place is for Clan Trueborn Warriors and related.
Not gaming groups that go by the same name in other places.

#3 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostStingz, on 15 November 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Post this over in Merc Corps, this place is for Clan Trueborn Warriors and related.
Not gaming groups that go by the same name in other places.

Newcomers don't know the Difference... You see in the rest of the FPS community, gaming organizations are mostly called "CLANS", and as the header for this thread/post indicates "Team [Akc] Is Expanding" I can see the confusion that may happen after reading the OP...
MY organization has not decided on what the affilation if any to any specific "MechWarrior Clan" may or may not be as of yet, but as it stands the wider world of FPS communities, gaming organizations are labeled as "CLANS" and will remain so.
This has already been discussed before, and any squad, fire-team, or whatever that is currently being formed will still "ONLY" be a smaller part within our gaming organization, I.E. part of our FPS CLAN, which has been the accepted nomenclature for the designation of an online gaming organization that play, or support "First Person Shooters/FPS"..
I see that this thread is only supposed to be for MechWarrior Clans, but as I said we have not yet decided on which factions, either "Clans" or "Houses" that we may include into our organization, so I see no reason to not persue people from both sides of the coin for possible input on which way we decide to go after recruitment for our organization...
Since MechWarrior Online is labeled a "Thnking Person's Shooter", and NOT a "Simulator" by PGI itself, and it's advertising, then MWO falls within the realm of "First Person Shooters", and it's communities...

Edited by Odins Fist, 16 November 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#4 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

If you haven't decided whether your group is going to support IS or Clans, I would call that pretty mercenary. :)

#5 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostCato Phoenix, on 16 November 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

If you haven't decided whether your group is going to support IS or Clans, I would call that pretty mercenary. :)

Nope....

#6 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

That part of the forum is reserved for the BattleTech Clans , please keep your recruiting posts out of that part of the forum If you didn't have intention to be part of some these lore clans , also keep in mind that also is true for the Houses part of the forum , there is part for merc units you can post your recruiting post there .

Best regards D.V.

Edited by daneiel varna, 17 November 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#7 Ice Naga

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 16 November 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

You see in the rest of the FPS community, gaming organizations are mostly called "CLANS"

People started using Clans to call online teams because of MechWarrior 2, a Clan based MW game in 1995.

When the game died off the teams moved on and kept calling themselves clans.

#8 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostIce Naga, on 17 November 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

People started using Clans to call online teams because of MechWarrior 2, a Clan based MW game in 1995.

When the game died off the teams moved on and kept calling themselves clans.

Although it may have had "SOME" influence, your statement is not accurate in any complete sense, sorry.

#9 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

View Postdaneiel varna, on 17 November 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

That part of the forum is reserved for the BattleTech Clans , please keep your recruiting posts out of that part of the forum If you didn't have intention to be part of some these lore clans , also keep in mind that also is true for the Houses part of the forum , there is part for merc units you can post your recruiting post there .

Best regards D.V.

As I said we haven't decided which way we "MIGHT" go with designations, or what we would include into "OUR" organization.
I do not see any reason to "NOT" recruit for possibilities for something that has "YET" to be implemented "INGAME"..
There is no battle for Inner Sphere planets possible ingame, the MechWarrior Clans have not invaded yet, and the only thing that has to do anything with "HOUSES or CLANS" are little badges connected to a pilot name (that may be changed anytime), correct..??
I see no reason "NOT" to include players from all of the yet implemented sides "Houses/Mercs/Clans/LoneWolf" into "OUR" gaming organization as our organization is not limited to MWO only, and has no plans to be as such...
Our organization has room for players from all factions, and they could coordinate as such in "OUR" TeamSpeak server, or does this present some sort of problem..?? It shouldn't...

Edited by Odins Fist, 17 November 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#10 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

As was pointed before IF YOU WISH TO RECRUIT FOR YOUR GUILD USE MERC CORPS of the forum . Your post has nothing in common with the Battletech Clans so please restrain your recruiting posts to the specific area .

Edited by daneiel varna, 17 November 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#11 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postdaneiel varna, on 17 November 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

As was pointed before IF YOU WISH TO RECRUIT FOR YOUR GUILD USE MERC CORPS of the forum . Your post has nothing in common with the Battletech Clans so please restrain your recruiting posts to the specific area .

I see no reason "NOT" to include players from all of the yet implemented sides "Houses/Mercs/Clans/LoneWolf" into "OUR" gaming organization as our organization is not limited to MWO only, and has no plans to be as such...
Our organization has room for players from all factions, and they could coordinate as such in "OUR" TeamSpeak server, or does this present some sort of problem..?? It shouldn't...

#12 apostateCourier

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 17 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

It does, because it creates confusion as to the purpose of this specific subforum.

#13 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostapostateCourier, on 17 November 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

It does, because it creates confusion as to the purpose of this specific subforum.

Only if one is easily confused....

#14 apostateCourier

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 17 November 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

. Only if one is easily confused....
Or for people that don't know the Battletech canon. This subforum is for the Clans. Not for player groups.

#15 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostapostateCourier, on 18 November 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Or for people that don't know the Battletech canon. This subforum is for the Clans. Not for player groups.

Our organization has room for players from all factions, and they could coordinate as such in "OUR" TeamSpeak server, or does this present some sort of problem..?? It shouldn't... There is no reason to assume that Clan members cannot join "OUR" organization, or perhaps we were looking to form a (Clan) regiment, but your attitude towards this thread shines a poor light on things, and not furthering the cause of MechWarrior Clans in the least, quite the opposite...

Edited by Odins Fist, 18 November 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#16 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 18 November 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

. I see no reason "NOT" to include players from all of the yet implemented sides "Houses/Mercs/Clans/LoneWolf" into "OUR" gaming organization as our organization is not limited to MWO only, and has no plans to be as such... Our organization has room for players from all factions, and they could coordinate as such in "OUR" TeamSpeak server, or does this present some sort of problem..?? It shouldn't...

This got me curious - how do you envision this scheme to work? Normally multi-gaming guilds only allow for one faction per game, so that everybody is on the same side (at least I have yet to see an exception to that).

#17 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Mates, unless "you" are gaming as a Battletech Universe (BTU) Clan, whether as a component of the Invading Clans or the Homeworlds Clans, you should instead be posting in the Merc threads. Plain and simple. People continuing to post in this Forum section, or arguing their point that a Clan (big "C") is a clan (small "c") is a clan, just makes them seem, well, limited.

If you are a large group of players playing other games in addition to this one, BUT you want to play one of your factions as a component of the aforementioned Invading or Homeworld Clans, GREAT, recruit for that group here. Just do not do ALL of your other recruiting here - keep it BTU Clans or gone. Reduce the clutter and acrimony your postings will invite.

@Odin, your following argument is irrational, and frankly, a tad childish. People cannot always have their way as they see it:
I see no reason "NOT" to include players from all of the yet implemented sides "Houses/Mercs/Clans/LoneWolf" into "OUR" gaming organization as our organization is not limited to MWO only, and has no plans to be as such... Our organization has room for players from all factions, and they could coordinate as such in "OUR" TeamSpeak server, or does this present some sort of problem..?? It shouldn't...

By your own argument, you should still post in the Mercs section because you ARE NOT solely a BTU Clan.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 18 November 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#18 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

As far as I am concerned, these Clans forums are reserved for dissussing the fictional canon Clans. They shouldn't be used for recruitment by any unit, even those that have named themselves after said canon units.

#19 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostSeth, on 18 November 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

As far as I am concerned, these Clans forums are reserved for dissussing the fictional canon Clans. They shouldn't be used for recruitment by any unit, even those that have named themselves after said canon units.

The way I see it (I might be wrong though) is that recruitment is supposed to eventually be faction based - Houses recruit in their respective sections, mercs recruit in Merc Corps section, and Clans recruit here.

#20 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

>nearly lose your entire group to Commando spam
>TWICE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users