Auto Rotate Legs To Torso

3 replies to this topic

#1 DogmeatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

The polls and posts where majority clearly don't like the idea of third person show there's a big conflict of interests here between forum goers and the devs idea to help players new to Mechwarrior in general.

There are some good ideas already how it could still be added e.g. tutorial missions etc.

Another idea I wanted to just seperate out which might be useful to have as an option anyway, as an alternative to third person - auto rotate legs to torso.

Currently you can snap torso to leg direction with C. The previous games had option to rotate legs to torso also.

I'm wondering if some kind of automatic rotating of legs to torso orientation might help new players a little bit so they don't get all disorientated and confused (if that's the rationale for third person!)

Basically they'd aim around with mouse like normal but the legs would slowly rotate around to where they're pointing, so they'd eventually end up running/walking in the direction they're looking at every time.

Presumably at some point there'd be pointers and hints that the player would be encouraged to turn this feature off as they get more comfortable with torso twisting and walking in direction they're not looking in..

#2 Taryys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

sign here please: How To Reduce The Grind And Create A Great New User Experience

#3 IronONE

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

What about simple button working like C but in legs to the torso?

#4 Traigus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

[color=#CCCCCC] Several new control systems and improvement have been added including Throttle Decay (gas pedal vs set throttle), Arm Lock to torso, Set Point Throttle (10-100% throttle values in 10% increments), Face Torso, and Joystick Analog turning[/color]

I think that is what he meant by "face torso" in the March update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users