Please Stop Promising What You Are Not 100% Sure You Can Deliver.

11 replies to this topic

#1 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

You promise, then you don't deliver, then you whisper sweet words into our ears to calm our discontent. Over and over.

I don't want to hear "We're thankful to all of our supporters, and especially our Founders" any more. Stop with the flowers and chocolate already.

The cycle is wearing thin. If you can't do something, don't tell us that you will.

#2 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Makes sense. It is kind of disappointing every other week, but I wonder how much of the hype is actually coming form us?

#3 Salient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 538 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

They are too busy implementing 3rd person / world of mech changes to break the never ending cycle of disappointment.

#4 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

they said "nov 20: phase 2 matchmaking" ... hard to say we made that one up out of nothing :ph34r:

look I don't mind the delay. its not great but whatever. but clearly they knew about it before today so I'd have appreciated a note from them that its not going in, so I wouldnt have gotten any hopes up. i came back from work early to play 8s!

#5 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Yeah because if they don't we'll like, POST MORE THREADS!

#6 Blackhand McCarthy

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationD.C.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

What I don't get is that in their second broadcast - they say that if enough people tell them not to implement something (aluding to 3rd person) they will listen... Well someplace here is a poll that has a LOT of votes on the subject and last I recall it was something like 90% against it...

C'mon guys :ph34r:

#7 Naeron66

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I must be missing the parts of the announcements when they use the phrases "we promise" or "definitely will be in patch x".

Plans are plans, they change. Until the finalised patch notes are published the only things set in stone are the items they say will 100% definitely be in the next patch.

#8 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 20 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Yeah because if they don't we'll like, POST MORE THREADS!

ANARCHY!

#9 Kelb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

They "promised" something? Or they said, they would try to have it?

#10 Steel Will

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Yes, they are developing a pattern of hyping up the next patch, then delaying it because all the awesomeness is taking a bit longer than expected, then finally dropping something on us that's well short of the expectations they generated with no warning. At least one part of that cycle really needs to stop.

#11 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Pretty sure in all beta's, you set your expectations way down

here.

And ANYTHING they say they're looking into, trying out, thinking about, talking about, or have an incling about, should be halted from taken as a promise. I would like to see you word out how you think "_____ sometime mid-late November." is a freaking promise. It's more of a time-frame or guesstimate rather than a due-date or deadline.

Things are going to change, dramatically, and a patch never promises things are going to get better. Things get worse before they get better. Then when they make things better, they add more crap for you, which ends up making things worse. Oh but wait, 90% of this forum is so short sighted the forgot what happens after things get worse, and then they make good-bye threads like their mom dis-owned them or something stupid like that lololol. Man. These forums need to grow a big masculine pair of balls bigger than their walnut sized brains and go "Oh ahaha. okay right. Common sense tells me that we're in beta and QQing on forums is just making me look bad."

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 20 November 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#12 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

You don't need to spell out your exact message with perfect wording to convey a message.

Saying "We'll try to get this done" has become the same as saying "We're probably not going to do this, but we'll say that we'll give it a go so that you'll shut up and go away".

Now, I am not saying that they're not trying. I don't doubt that they're doing everything they can to get things into a state where most people are happy. That's not the issue here. The issue is the repeated disappointment from believing that something is coming on a certain date, having it hyped up, and then have it fall through.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users