Performance Vs Pay

2 replies to this topic

#1 King Hrothgar

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

One thing that's consistently irritated me is that doing damage to the enemy doesn't really increase your pay significantly. Repairs are based on how much damage you take. The more armor you have, the more armor you have to lose and thus the higher your potential repair bill. It makes sense being this way.

Unfortunately, the other side of it doesn't work like that. Currently you recieve 10 c-bills per point of damage. So let's say you're in an LRM spamming catapult of doom and you pump out 1000 points of damage, that only works out to a 10k c-bill bonus. To put that in perspective, you make a minimum of 80k by simply showing up and powering down in the corner while your team loses the match. You will also burn 100k in ammo doing that damage. This just isn't right.

Simply showing up should grant only minimal pay, doing damage, capping, spotting and so on should be the primary source of income. I decided to give WoT a try and they absolutely nailed it. You show up, you get some pocket change. But if you do damage or spot targets effectively, you can really rake in the credits. Top players find themselves rolling in cash while those who perform poorly are punished once you reach a certain level. This is the way to do it.

I propose the pay system basically copy WoT, at least in respect to damage vs showing up. As such, I suggest increasing the c-bill per point of damage bonus from 10 to 250. This means that in the catapult example above, doing 1000 points of damage (which is a lot by anyone's standards) means you make 250k c-bills from doing damage alone. On the flip side, I suggest dropping the losing team base pay to 10k c-bills and winning to 50k c-bills. It still pays to win, but it pays better to pull your weight regardless of the outcome.

In keeping with this idea, spotting targets should grant a similar bonus. If you spot a target for someone, then the c-bills the damage dealer would have gotten are split 50/50 with the spotter.

I know this flies in the face of the salvage setup currently, as it rewards low damage kills. I do not know how to make these two systems compatable. I'd love to hear some ideas on this as we need a sensible system.

#2 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Pay has always been an issue. That is probably why they give people a 75% free reload on all ammo types - because running a dedicated mech can EASILY wipe out any winnings you make and then some, ESPECIALLY if you aren't using premium.

Who knows how they will address this. I think repairs and rearms need to be mandatory, so you can't drop damaged or unloaded. This would require a serious rework of pay though, or adjustment of the ammo and armor costs.

I think the reason they let people repair or not is because the solutions would be more work than they can put in right now, with all the more glaring performance issues.

#3 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

i have np to pay 200k for ammo if my performance add up for it.

well i dont have a problem right now too.. i play my lrm/streakcat.. and join the game with a trial mech.. during that time i do something usefull.. like phonecalls or writting some e-mails.

i serious dont care about my team i join when i pug.. why should i ? PGI created the game like that.. so i use the stuff they give to me.

oh and iam not angry about the ppl who do it or farm like that.. you cant blame them for using the gamemachanics.

since i did hear some ppl just striped their YWL and setup an autoklicker to join the matches over n over... nothing can shock me realy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users