8 replies to this topic

#1 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I don't get it. So now you can't convert your mech's XP to GXP until you unlock all 8 basic skills?

So instead of trying out a mech, maybe not liking it, and using my MC (bought with actual money) to convert that XP so it doesn't go to waste before I sell it. That XP just sits there?

That only makes sense to me if we were paying for play time. Why would PGI limit people's ability to spend the currency that they sell to us for actual money?

#2 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

They probably noticed people were unlocking elite on mechs by just using GXP instead of playing the actual mech.

its like like 15k XP to get all the basics. That's less than 3 hours of playing if you're winning a decent amount of them.

#3 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostLethalRose, on 22 November 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

They probably noticed people were unlocking elite on mechs by just using GXP instead of playing the actual mech.

its like like 15k XP to get all the basics. That's less than 3 hours of playing if you're winning a decent amount of them.

But so what if people don't take the time to play? We don't pay by the hour. That 15k XP to GXP conversion is what makes PGI money.

I have a founders catapult. I didn't want to grind out the XP on the other variants so I bought more MC and converted it all to GXP. That made PGI money.

If I take the time to grind each variant to Elite PGI makes no money....

Edited by Sug, 22 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#4 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Sug is right, they are shooting them selves in the foot buy doing this, personally i like to grind because i do have the time, others may not.... personally i dont have an issue with them paying for xp the have already ground out.

#5 Dethl0k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

ya that would make them more money and more money for them means more stuff for us

#6 EXSODER

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, this is a bit of a blah. Sometimes, when grinding for Pilot Tree unlocks, I would switch between Mechs every few matches so it wouldn't be so tedious using the same Mech (even though I prefer my Founder's CPLT) and convert to GXP from all of them using MC.
Now I have to do that anyway, but I'm stuck in one Mech.
Eh, oh well.

#7 Jalak Bali

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Maybe it's bad for the data. As in, how would you know Jenner K is crap if the player never actually played it and instead unlock all the skills using GXP so they could elite their Jenner D? Sure, this seems like a grind and punishment to try to elite something but they would get better data on what players are doing, whether they could do well or not, with one variant or another. This is still beta after all so they would need the massive amount of data of players playing the game to try to balance things out.

#8 EXSODER

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I think maybe they assumed people buy Mechs with MC more often than C-Bills, so they figured, "If we make them Elite the Mech in question to convert to GXP, that means they'll spend more MC to buy the variants so they can Elite the Mech and start converting, and to do so in the first place, they have to buy more MC, meaning more cash for us."
I will admit, most of my Mech purchases come from MC, and their loadouts come from my C-Bills. Is it just me, though, or did they increase the per-match C-Bill pay?

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostSug, on 22 November 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

I don't get it. So now you can't convert your mech's XP to GXP until you unlock all 8 basic skills?

So instead of trying out a mech, maybe not liking it, and using my MC (bought with actual money) to convert that XP so it doesn't go to waste before I sell it. That XP just sits there?

That only makes sense to me if we were paying for play time. Why would PGI limit people's ability to spend the currency that they sell to us for actual money?

I don't think I am understanding your issue? Are you saying you cannot convert your new Mechs XP to GXP untill you unlock basic for three Mechs? Cause I'm not sure I am following your complaint. I have close to 400,000 XP on my founder's Atlas and I convert a little here a little there to unlock the skills quickly. I haven't used more than one or two chassis per new mech, so I haven't even tried to convert XP yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users