Steel Battalion controller and win 7 64-Bit drivers

417 replies to this topic

#341 HackNFly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Thanks GoldenGun for the great and thorough review! Your enthusiasm makes the hours poured into it worth it.

I'm sorry the mouse input doesn't work. I'll have to take a look at it, I had to change a lot of things to bring it up into compliance to work with Windows 8.1

Toggle Switches should show up as buttons. The windows joystick button panel only shows 32 buttons, as that has traditionally been the limit. So maybe you mean those would have to be programmed because you make use of those for special joystick states?

Theres a built-in way to reverse the axes.
joystick.setAxis(1,controller.Scaled.Reverse(controller.Scaled.GearLever),HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_SL1);

To be honest, I'm not quite happy with that syntax, that's just what it currently ended up being. I may change that to make it less clunky. Adding some deadband to an axis is pretty easy. I may tackle that if my schedule doesn't pick back up next week.

Thanks again for trying it out. I'm happy it installed easily for you and you figured out how to change the number of buttons in vJoy. There's a way to do that programmatically, but its nowhere near as easy to use as the rest of the SBC code. Visual C++ isn't my specialty, and while I could figure it out. I was tired by the time I got to that point, so I left the default of 8 buttons, so that at least anyone installing it would have it work right away before having to tinker with the file and change the buttons to 39.

~HackNFly

#342 Golden Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

yup! Went in and mapped weapon group 6 to toggle switch VT-Location. Now if I ever have a TAG laser, I can flip the switch and it stays on permanently!

Unfortunately I tried the reverse axis string but it errored out with the following string:

joystick.setAxis(1,controller.Scaled.Reverse(controller.Scaled.RotationLever),HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_RZ);

Here are the errors:

c:\Users\J-Golden\AppData\Local\Temp\2fjspmjn.0.cs(22,17) : warning CS0219: The variable 'emergencyLightIntensity' is assigned but its value is never used

c:\Users\J-Golden\AppData\Local\Temp\2fjspmjn.0.cs(59,50) : error CS1061: 'SBC.Scaled' does not contain a definition for 'Reverse' and no extension method 'Reverse' accepting a first argument of type 'SBC.Scaled' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

#343 fuusob

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

Hey, awesome work hack! I've been holding onto that controller for years waiting for this. A couple questions

1. I have a older version of this setup running in test mode on windows 8.1, How should I go about installing the new version you made? do I need to delete everything, and should I get out of test mode?

2. When you say you have to manually program the gear shift and radio knob, how do you do this? I use this for elite dangerous, and right now I use the gear shift for my frame shift drive, and I read someone with the idea of using the radio knob for targeting subsystems. How would I go about programming this into the .cs file?

thanks again for bringing this dinosaur back!!

#344 Golden Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

Been a long long while, but I'm back in the saddle again!

Unfortunately I'm having issues right out of the gate. The driver worked for a while, but it locked up and I had to do a hard shut down. Now when I try to run it, I get:

error CS0006: Metadata file 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput.dll' could not be found

Which is odd seeing as the latest version of the SBC code, version 3, no longer uses DirectInput. I've reinstalled several times to no change. I also tried removed everything that even remotely looks like it is calling of DirectInput from my .CS file and still the same error.

Any ideas?

#345 Skillfulist

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:23 PM

Is there a site anyone has uploaded the .cfg files to get the controller to work with MW4 and MWO etc.?

#346 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

Glad to see this isn't dead, but on the other hand it's 2016 and there's still fundamental dealbreaker struggles with the Steel Battalion controller? o_O

If anyone would have taken my advice as far back as 2012(?) they would have had a fully. functional viable controller out of this. To hell with the obsolete guts/boards/pots and junk inside this thing that renders it literally useless as a peripheral.

Gut it and use a board that is known to work well with MWO, like from a Thrustmaster T16000m for instance. The unique single chip Hall would actually work like a champ with that positioning gimbal, and TARGET would let you emulate the needed mouse emulation to provide absolute positioning.

TARGET would much needed function (shift layers, macros, on the fly axis adjustments, emulated keyboard etc) to the buttons as well, and it comes with 2 additional axes to work with for the throttle and steering. Between the 4 axes (2 of which are high res) and 21 buttons it would breathe life into this finicky paperweight in the form factor of a controller Heck, TARGET is not even a req anymore now that FreePIE is also known to work for mouse emulation so any board could be used to make this work besides the dud it comes with.

For years now people could have been (and still can...) using this controller to full effect instead of spending so many of hours coding and planning and head scratching and wondering for naught. Get rid of the obsolete junk inside it and replace it with something your computer can actually work with. Much more effective use of time and materials imo...

Such a waste of rare native positioning gimbals...

#347 HackNFly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostLoc Nar, on 16 January 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

Glad to see this isn't dead, but on the other hand it's 2016 and there's still fundamental dealbreaker struggles with the Steel Battalion controller? o_O

If anyone would have taken my advice as far back as 2012(?) they would have had a fully. functional viable controller out of this. To hell with the obsolete guts/boards/pots and junk inside this thing that renders it literally useless as a peripheral.

Gut it and use a board that is known to work well with MWO, like from a Thrustmaster T16000m for instance. The unique single chip Hall would actually work like a champ with that positioning gimbal, and TARGET would let you emulate the needed mouse emulation to provide absolute positioning.

TARGET would much needed function (shift layers, macros, on the fly axis adjustments, emulated keyboard etc) to the buttons as well, and it comes with 2 additional axes to work with for the throttle and steering. Between the 4 axes (2 of which are high res) and 21 buttons it would breathe life into this finicky paperweight in the form factor of a controller Heck, TARGET is not even a req anymore now that FreePIE is also known to work for mouse emulation so any board could be used to make this work besides the dud it comes with.

For years now people could have been (and still can...) using this controller to full effect instead of spending so many of hours coding and planning and head scratching and wondering for naught. Get rid of the obsolete junk inside it and replace it with something your computer can actually work with. Much more effective use of time and materials imo...

Such a waste of rare native positioning gimbals...

Although your post is a bit antagonistic, I have to thank you for giving me some incentive to plug the thing back in, and to respond. Sometimes being teased a bit is what's needed. I plugged it into my Windows 10 machine. Downloaded the last v3.0 of my software plugged it in and it worked on the first time. I did notice an issue someone had pointed out with some of the extended keys such as backspace not working but I've isolated the code already, I've only worked on it for 15 min today.

At a fundamental level the peripheral isn't that accurate. The positional gimbal is only 10 bit. Given this is from original xbox days so its not surprising. I'd say however that its not the fundamental issue with the controller. The main one would be, (ironically) lack of buttons. It has more buttons than any other joystick I've encountered, but most of them aren't useful if you have to respond quickly.

As far as the positioning gimbal, it's really not that special. Being native is fine, but the pots in it aren't particularly high quality, and especially not compared to Hall sensors. I have a T16000m I got around 2010, I modified it for use as a helicopter cyclic. Compared to the changes you describe to the SBC making it a positioning gimbal is remarkably simple. Tightening some screws and removing the centering spring is all I needed to do. If you wanted something truly accurate 2 T16000m would work great and give you plenty of buttons to work with without having to look down to press one.

As far as I'm concerned the advantage of the SBC is having lights and a multitude of switches and buttons available for whatever you need them. The gear lever slider is straight annoying as its quite "sticky".

Now if people were interested I could build a device that could work as an adapter to the SBC, allowing you to plug it into any OS without any additional drivers. The software route while slow, since I'm the only one that has worked on the main code allows it to be used by the most people. Not many are as skilled as modding as your are or are wiling solder 30 buttons and lights.

Another issue is that I'm the only programmer that has volunteered. The code isn't that difficult, and I'm not interested in MWO. Gave it a try, too slow for me and too much of an investment, and the SBC's lack of joystick buttons bothered me. Well, thanks for getting me to respond. I'll see if I can fix a few issues this week, before my next project starts up.

#348 Golden Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:14 AM

Wow, feels like the whole gang is here. Posted Image

@ Skillfulist: there were several .CS files made by SBC-64 users but there isn't a central depository. These were built for older versions of the driver when you could not map all the buttons on the controller directly. With the latest version you can. This means you can do it directly from the setup menu of what ever game you are playing.

If you still want the files, I know several of them are scattered throughout this post. GOOD LUCK!

@LOC NAR: You ole so-in-so! You rabble rouser! You Ayatollah of rock and rolla! I've missed your input and stanch stance. You knowledge on all things input HAS had an impact on several of the developments and mind sets in how to use this beast of a joystick. To be fair, I was all for inserting a T16000-m board into my controller, but you made it sound as if I had to remove some of the original hardware. Seeing as I'm working on doing Steel Battalion cells at Conventions, that would be a no-go for me.

The only thing that I have an issue with is the the usage of the aiming lever. If I could insert the T16000-m without removing any core components, Have a separate USB cable for it (I'd install a USB "B" style port), and not mount the X/Y Aiming lever in SBC I'd be fine with that. This way, anyone bold enough to do some modest modding of their sticks would have a really REALLY good MWO solution.

AND FINALLY....

@ HACKNFLY: Dude! I'm so happy you are still around! I honestly thought something happened to you. Posted Image Howz life been going for you? In the past you mentioned that life and work has been overwhelming, so I'm hoping it's gotten better for you.

As for the driver, yeah, I am having issues but I'm wondering if that was from upgrading from 7 to 10 and trying to run off of the previously installed driver. I should say that I did get it to work for about an hour but then it locked up and I had to shut it down hard and it hasn't worked since.

Is there a way to fully uninstall it so I can have a clean install? Also, When I did try to reinstall SBC, I could never find the Steel Battalion 64.exe and would use one that still said version 2 from my desktop folder.

Help me Hack-n-Fly Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Edited by Golden Gun, 18 January 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#349 HackNFly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:40 AM

View PostGolden Gun, on 18 January 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

@ Skillfulist: there were several .CS files made by SBC-64 users but there isn't a central depository. These were built for older versions of the driver when you could not map all the buttons on the controller directly. With the latest version you can. This means you can do it directly from the setup menu of what ever game you are playing.

If you still want the files, I know several of them are scattered throughout this post. GOOD LUCK!

@LOC NAR: You ole so-in-so! You rabble rouser! You Ayatollah of rock and rolla! I've missed your input and stanch stance. You knowledge on all things input HAS had an impact on several of the developments and mind sets in how to use this beast of a joystick. To be fair, I was all for inserting a T16000-m board into my controller, but you made it sound as if I had to remove some of the original hardware. Seeing as I'm working on doing Steel Battalion cells at Conventions, that would be a no-go for me.

The only thing that I have an issue with is the the usage of the aiming lever. If I could insert the T16000-m without removing any core components, Have a separate USB cable for it (I'd install a USB "B" style port), and not mount the X/Y Aiming lever in SBC I'd be fine with that. This way, anyone bold enough to do some modest modding of their sticks would have a really REALLY good MWO solution.

AND FINALLY....

@ HACKNFLY: Dude! I'm so happy you are still around! I honestly thought something happened to you. Posted Image Howz life been going for you? In the past you mentioned that life and work has been overwhelming, so I'm hoping it's gotten better for you.

As for the driver, yeah, I am having issues but I'm wondering if that was from upgrading from 7 to 10 and trying to run off of the previously installed driver. I should say that I did get it to work for about an hour but then it locked up and I had to shut it down hard and it hasn't worked since.

Is there a way to fully uninstall it so I can have a clean install? Also, When I did try to reinstall SBC, I could never find the Steel Battalion 64.exe and would use one that still said version 2 from my desktop folder.

I'm still doing well, I had a son on 4/14/14, so on top of my general complaints, lack of time made development grind to a halt. I've been involved in Virtual Reality development at work, and that has been my main hobby.

The main difference in version 2.0 and 3.0 drivers is in vJoy. So you may want to try uninstalling that from add/remove programs first, and then try running the version 3.0 installer located off the main sourceforge page.
http://sourceforge.n...latest/download

I hope I can help get you back up and running. And thanks to Loc_Nar for getting me interested again.

#350 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostGolden Gun, on 18 January 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

AND FINALLY....

First an apology to Hack-n-Fly and others that have worked on this, my intent was not to antagonize nor to dismiss the work that's been done and I should have more constructively framed my comments, my bad.

Next, a hearty hello to all the folk, veteran and noob alike, I've been absent from the forums for the most part although mostly still actively playing, and nice to see you still around too Golden Gun. o7

As to conversions based on T16000m it could go any number of ways, but the sensor it runs on could likely unobtrusively be installed inside the ring cage of the friction joints without removing the old pots etc. Mechanically, the sensor needs to be 8mm below the pivot point with a 4mm long x4mm dia Neodymium magnet at the fulcrum, leaving a 4mm gap between the magnet and the sensor and uses +/-20deg of travel for full range.

What I was imagining would indeed more intrusive though. T16000m is unique in that it has long individual wires connecting all the buttons to the board, which could be snipped and redirected to the existing buttons on the SB controller although I'm not sure how many there are but it looks like more than T16000m, although 2 T16000m could be combined to fill them all as well as stock a proper grip or of course a Cougar could be hacked instead, which has way more buttons/axes.

You are correct about friction gimbals being (relatively) simple, and it is quite possible to fab a completely new one that would instead bolt in place of the old one which might be a better solution. Check out this abomination I made a while ago out of a G502 and some scrap aluminum and bearings.

Note: I came within inches of using this technique when I made my controller for MWO in 2012 but opted for pots/emulation and am glad I didn't because I would have never learned what I did about controls since it would have been far too easy to explain to people what was happening and how it's closer to a mouse than a stick, but for those that don't get it my mechstick with emulation does the same thing that mouse sensor would have. I would probably still be incorrectly *calling zero-order control absolute positioning and first-order mechanics relative.

Unholy voodoo devil magic: Posted Image

Posted Image

Above is a friction gimbal (pitch/roll this time) that accepts a Warthog/Cougar grip. Construction very similar (but simplified and turned 90deg) to my mechstick and can be made even more compact. The key to these is using thrust bearings to allow tensioning as well as using actual damping grease and of course my beloved myar rubs. If I replaced the G502 sensor and pickup dish with the sensor/magnet from the Warthog/T16000m or even pots from Cougar and ran emulation the result is indistinguishable though.

*a mouse is a relative device and a stick is absolute. Either can be used for direct positioning aka zero-order control and both can be used for velocity control aka first-order control and their tasks are not defined by absolute or relative. Sticks in zero-order are absolute zero-order. Mice in zero-order are relative zero-order.

Edited by Loc Nar, 18 January 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#351 Golden Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

I figured out what was the issue. I was using an older Steel Battalion 64.exe since I did not see the new one.

Truthfully, it is kinda hard to find. When you download the ZIP file and open it, you are given a folder called "Release" and the combined SBC installer script.

After the install was finished, I naturally looked into the newly created folder to only find the temp files for installation. This is because what you really want is in the "Release" folder back in the ZIP file. Once I figured that out, no more errors.

Now to get to editing. I have several Ideas I want to put to test and see what comes of them.

#352 Golden Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

View PostSkillfulist, on 16 January 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

Is there a site anyone has uploaded the .cfg files to get the controller to work with MW4 and MWO etc.?

I was digging around my hard drive for older version of my .CS files and found the old setup for MW4 and a newer one for Elite Dangerous. As much as HackNFly tried to make the newer version backwards compatible, the MW4 springs up 9 errors, most of them are from inability to convert X to Y. :(

If you still want them for examination or even to use the MW4.CS file as a learning tool, I can send one or both to you, just PM your E-mail.

#353 HackNFly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:30 AM

View PostLoc Nar, on 18 January 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

First an apology to Hack-n-Fly and others that have worked on this, my intent was not to antagonize nor to dismiss the work that's been done and I should have more constructively framed my comments, my bad.

Next, a hearty hello to all the folk, veteran and noob alike, I've been absent from the forums for the most part although mostly still actively playing, and nice to see you still around too Golden Gun. o7

As to conversions based on T16000m it could go any number of ways, but the sensor it runs on could likely unobtrusively be installed inside the ring cage of the friction joints without removing the old pots etc. Mechanically, the sensor needs to be 8mm below the pivot point with a 4mm long x4mm dia Neodymium magnet at the fulcrum, leaving a 4mm gap between the magnet and the sensor and uses +/-20deg of travel for full range.

What I was imagining would indeed more intrusive though. T16000m is unique in that it has long individual wires connecting all the buttons to the board, which could be snipped and redirected to the existing buttons on the SB controller although I'm not sure how many there are but it looks like more than T16000m, although 2 T16000m could be combined to fill them all as well as stock a proper grip or of course a Cougar could be hacked instead, which has way more buttons/axes.

You are correct about friction gimbals being (relatively) simple, and it is quite possible to fab a completely new one that would instead bolt in place of the old one which might be a better solution. Check out this abomination I made a while ago out of a G502 and some scrap aluminum and bearings.

Note: I came within inches of using this technique when I made my controller for MWO in 2012 but opted for pots/emulation and am glad I didn't because I would have never learned what I did about controls since it would have been far too easy to explain to people what was happening and how it's closer to a mouse than a stick, but for those that don't get it my mechstick with emulation does the same thing that mouse sensor would have. I would probably still be incorrectly *calling zero-order control absolute positioning and first-order mechanics relative.

Unholy voodoo devil magic: Posted Image

Posted Image

Above is a friction gimbal (pitch/roll this time) that accepts a Warthog/Cougar grip. Construction very similar (but simplified and turned 90deg) to my mechstick and can be made even more compact. The key to these is using thrust bearings to allow tensioning as well as using actual damping grease and of course my beloved myar rubs. If I replaced the G502 sensor and pickup dish with the sensor/magnet from the Warthog/T16000m or even pots from Cougar and ran emulation the result is indistinguishable though.

*a mouse is a relative device and a stick is absolute. Either can be used for direct positioning aka zero-order control and both can be used for velocity control aka first-order control and their tasks are not defined by absolute or relative. Sticks in zero-order are absolute zero-order. Mice in zero-order are relative zero-order.

No need to apologize, the bit of "antagonism" is what prompted me to reply. Plus I have a good deal of respect for you, those are some beautiful mechanical hacks.

View PostGolden Gun, on 18 January 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

I figured out what was the issue. I was using an older Steel Battalion 64.exe since I did not see the new one.

Truthfully, it is kinda hard to find. When you download the ZIP file and open it, you are given a folder called "Release" and the combined SBC installer script.

After the install was finished, I naturally looked into the newly created folder to only find the temp files for installation. This is because what you really want is in the "Release" folder back in the ZIP file. Once I figured that out, no more errors.

Now to get to editing. I have several Ideas I want to put to test and see what comes of them.

Good to see things are working for you. Although I was kind of hoping it would be something a little more involved so I would have to fix more. Could you double-check for me and see if backspace is working. I had someone else report that they couldn't map to backspace and I can't either. I'm pretty sure I know where the problem is, but it would be nice to confirm with someone else.

I'll also try and figure out how to make it more clear, as far as what to download.

#354 Golden Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:51 AM

Confirmed: Backspace mapping does not work with current info. I used "BackSpace" spelled just like that, caps and all.

Did they change the name from the set of key names you posted in the Wiki? But that doesn't make sense because if I spell it "backspace" or "Backspace" it kicks back an error but not for "BackSpace" interesting.

As for making the installer more idiot proof for, like, me, Can I suggest that you change the running files all to "_v3" and relable the folder or even make a simple install script that will copy it over to a directory, and let them choose to put a shortcut on their desktop to the main program. Adding it to the "All Apps" would be cool too.

#355 Skillfulist

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:01 AM

Ok, I got the SBC to work mostly how I want it too for MWO but I cant get two of the buttons to remain lighted up when pressed, the Close Cockpit button and F1. And is there a way for the Hat control on the left joystick to be used as a fine aiming device?

#356 Golden Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:47 AM

To make the lights stay on, you'll have to tweak the .CS file a bit. There is an example in the Simple.CS file but also more in depth info on the Source Forge page. Go to Wiki then Configuration.

For the fine tuning aiming, I don't know if there is a way to separate torso movement and arm movement, if that is what you are talking about. Right now to move just the arms you have to hold down SHIFT (or CONTROL) and that will change your primary input to "look around" which also moves the arms. That is the only way to do it. I wish they'd make separate inputs for the look around because that is exactly what I want to use the sight change hat for.

If you are talking about something different, then you might want to try mirroring the input so both the SC hat and the Aiming Lever have control over the torso. I know right now I can play with the Aiming Lever and mouse controlling the torso and arms at the same time. This would be the best type of setup that I can see for that kind of control.

One last thing, The driver and the inner workings behind it were made with HackNFly's free time and is also offered free to use. With that comes the expectation that the user will take the time to learn how to do the programming so they can tweak it to their liking. By all means, ask questions as we are a fun little community, but please don't expect a complete solution in reply. Mostly you'll get guidance and direction on how to do it yourself.

#357 Skillfulist

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

If you are talking about something different, then you might want to try mirroring the input so both the SC hat and the Aiming Lever have control over the torso. I know right now I can play with the Aiming Lever and mouse controlling the torso and arms at the same time. This would be the best type of setup that I can see for that kind of control.

This is pretty much what I'm looking for what would I have to modify to get this control? (sry about this, I have zero experience with writing script)

Edited by Skillfulist, 20 January 2016 - 01:00 PM.

#358 Golden Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostSkillfulist, on 20 January 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

This is pretty much what I'm looking for what would I have to modify to get this control? (sry about this, I have zero experience with writing script)

Posted Image It never hurts to ask. Unfortunately this is above my pay grade too. Off the top of my head would be to map both sets to the same input.

If you look at your basic.CS file you'll see several lines all together that look like this:

joystick.setAxis(1,controller.AimingX,HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_X);
joystick.setAxis(1,controller.AimingY,HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_Y);
joystick.setAxis(1,(controller.RightPedal-controller.MiddlePedal),HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_Z);//throttle
joystick.setAxis(1,controller.RotationLever,HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_RZ);
joystick.setAxis(1,controller.SightChangeX,HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_SL0);
joystick.setAxis(1,controller.SightChangeY,HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_RX);
joystick.setAxis(1,controller.LeftPedal,HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_RY);
joystick.setAxis(1,controller.GearLever,HID_USAGES.HID_USAGE_SL1);

Looks like gibberish, don't it? Even though the lines are almost identical, there are two main differences:

1) What part of the Joystick is being used like AimingX means the X-axis on the Aiming lever

and

2) What part of the driver is using it like "USAGE_X"

This means that when you go to calibrate, moving the Aiming lever left and right (AimingX), the cross hair in the box for the main joystick (_USAGE_X) will respond likewise.

There are two sets of axis (X/Y/Z and RX/RY/RZ) and two Sliders (SL0 & SL1).

Most games are going to grab the X/Y axis for the main control, so in theory if you map both axis on the Control Lever and both axis on the Sight Change hat to "_Usage_X" and "USAGE_Y" respectively, it might work.

I've done some tweaking myself to the controls and the Windows calibration program doesn't like one bit! Posted Image But if you go through the whole calibration and then try it in MWO, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Again, I've never tried it myself and do not know if it will kick back an error or not. But nothing ventured nothing gained. And at the least, you now know something more of how this whole thing works. Posted Image

#359 Skillfulist

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:59 AM

Most games are going to grab the X/Y axis for the main control, so in theory if you map both axis on the Control Lever and both axis on the Sight Change hat to "_Usage_X" and "USAGE_Y" respectively, it might work.

Tried this and it disabled the Main joystick. Posted Image

#360 HackNFly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:31 PM

Just wanted to post saying I've uploaded a new version, 3.0.1, it fixes the backspace issue, and I updated the installer to include the latest version of vJoy which is tested in Windows 10, and does not pop up any warnings about not being a certified driver. (as its been certified)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users