Silver Hawk Irregulars

41 replies to this topic

#21 EmCeeMendez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 21 March 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Hey, now, don't bunch the rest of the 'Hawks in with me, now.

Most of them know what they are doing. I think they just keep me around as their handicap for ELO.

In all seriousness, that's totally wrong. High ELO differentials hurt good players. I've been much more selective in who I play with since ELO because of how bad its been.

#22 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

I mistakenly made a recruitment video for you guys...

Good luck in your efforts and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Edit: English is hard ;)

Edited by Psikez, 22 March 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#23 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostEmCeeMendez, on 21 March 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

In all seriousness, that's totally wrong. High ELO differentials hurt good players. I've been much more selective in who I play with since ELO because of how bad its been.

Must be an elite cadre of awesomeness that makes that list.

Me? They make me wear a helmet. :)

#24 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

A little bit of a bump for these guys. Their unit is growing, and every single one of them is a blast to play with.

Fight on, Silver Hawks.....fight on.

#25 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

FYI, the Silverhawks have been crawling out from beneath their bar stools of late and are once again flailing about the battlefield and generally making a mess of things, as we do.

And we are recruiting! If you take this game just seriously enough to want to do well at it, but not seriously enough to do so sober, we might just be the unit for you! :)

Note: Soberness jokes are mostly jokes. We are a fairly fun-loving, mostly polite-speaking, unit looking for laid back players who just want to enjoy the game and avoid drama. Yes, I know, that is a bit hilarious coming from me if you look over my posting history, but on Teamspeak, I'm about as mellow as it gets.

#26 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

I've noticed a lot more of you online, and it seems you have some new recruits. That's awesome

If you ever have enough people online on a Saturday evening the 1st Sierra Rangers would love to do some "civil war" drops against you.

#27 Ramsess

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBrossard

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hehe some new recruits but we need MOAR MOAR!!! :ph34r:
Trying as hard as i can but i guess its not enough T_____T <---- sad Hawk panda

#28 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Who has two thumbs and is now a member of the Silver Hawks Irregulars?

This guy.

Edited by Barantor, 18 December 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#29 Asmaday

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

can i go with you?

#30 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

You can, if you use the Marik TeamSpeak3 voice comms server to drop with them. They have separate channels like the other Marik units you have expressed interest in. Just talk with their members and play some matches with them to see if you like their style.

#31 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

And yeah, you can always drop with us without having to officially join or whatever. House Marik still has a pretty good setup; the units all work and play together or do their own thing pretty much as they desire. Some join the house as a whole but never a unit, some join a specific unit or even end up as reservists in multiple units. Others just jump on our TS as another source for finding some groupage.

#32 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

As an FYI, I "no longer even 'mech, bro..."

Please remove me as a contact for this unit if you for some reason had me down as one.

Good luck out there. We're all counting on you.

#33 CyberHawks

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

Are you guys still recruiting? I've pugged for 1.5 years as a solo player, and I'm hoping to improve my game play by grouping. I have a lot to learn though.

#34 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

The SH guys are still active, and probably recruiting. You can find them on our TS, go ahead and sign up on House-Marik.com, and follow the TS links, and I'm sure they'd be happy to have you drop with them. You're welcome to drop with anyone else, too. We've got a pretty open and welcoming community.

#35 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:24 PM

We are?

#36 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:04 AM

Aren't you?

#37 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostCyberHawks, on 16 February 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

Are you guys still recruiting? I've pugged for 1.5 years as a solo player, and I'm hoping to improve my game play by grouping. I have a lot to learn though.

Generally, new recruits are first brought into the FWLM, not its constituent units. Then, once you're in the FWLM, you can shop around and pick a unit as you wish, or stay unitless but still drop with organized groups.

It doesn't really matter who you join up with, because you'll just be part of the community and drop with everyone, especially in CW, so I don't know if SH is still really up and running or not, but if you just hop into the FWLM you'll find a unit, and have lots of people to drop with in the meantime, which is, you know, basically how you'll find what unit you want :)

Edited by Catamount, 17 February 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#38 CyberHawks

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

Thank you Catamount and Ilithi Dragon. I understand now. I have an account set up at FWLM, but the site kept telling me I couldn't join a unit, and I was refused by another one. I thought something was wrong with me personally, that I had offended people in some way. I asked around and no one had heard of any problems, that I tend to be polite and helpful, but a little quiet.

I was at a loss what to do next, and was about to look for another faction. I can play Mechwarrior with some good strategy (for pugging), but I lack the Teamspeak and Unit knowledge. I've sat in the "looking for group" section for hours on Comstar without a group (once I got into a group). This is where my inexperience is hurting me. I've looked for training on how to do this, but I haven't found anything that explains it well.

#39 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

Hey, no problem. There are a few people on the FWLM TS right now, if you want to get and are looking for some help, or have questions you want answered. Not many, because the servers are still updating for the patch, but we should see a bunch of people on later today.

#40 CyberHawks

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

Thank you very much. I need to work on my truck for a bit, but I'll log on the FWLM TS server this evening. You have all been invaluable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users