Streak Splash Damage

2 replies to this topic

#1 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Or is it simply damage done (match end stats) counts critical damage as well.

I was driving my streakcat around at the start of the match and a cicada ran past me near our base on frozen lake. I managed to fire off one volley, then my foot got stuck on a building and i proceeded to spend the rest of the match whinging about it to my team while trying to dislodge myself (sorry guys).

At the end of the match (the enemy didnt find me) I had done 51 damage with that single volley which was almost double the 6xssrm2 x2.5dmg of 30 points.

So i was wondering, is this why light mechs blow up so fast? their component size is so small splash damage often hits more than one area? against assult mechs splash probably wont overlap areas.

#2 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 01 December 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Or is it simply damage done (match end stats) counts critical damage as well.

I was driving my streakcat around at the start of the match and a cicada ran past me near our base on frozen lake. I managed to fire off one volley, then my foot got stuck on a building and i proceeded to spend the rest of the match whinging about it to my team while trying to dislodge myself (sorry guys).

At the end of the match (the enemy didn't find me) I had done 51 damage with that single volley which was almost double the 6xssrm2 x2.5dmg of 30 points.

So i was wondering, is this why light mechs blow up so fast? their component size is so small splash damage often hits more than one area? against assault mechs splash probably wont overlap areas.

35 ton Light mechs have about 28 front CT, 14 back CT armor, you can figure out the rest from there.

Splash from streaks may be doing full damage, that would be one explanation for the high damage.

Edited by Stingz, 01 December 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#3 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

SRM's do splash damage, try firing them point blank into another mech and you will take friendly fire from them.. Once killed myself on a dead mech infact that I just happened to run behind right as i pulled the trigger.. Though I am not sure how much of it splashes over.

Edited by Ashnod, 02 December 2012 - 04:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users