Cant Exchange Xp From Chassis I've Sold.

9 replies to this topic

#1 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

So I got to master on my ravens, sold 2 and have a bunch of excess XP I'd like to exchange but cant..... this is annoying and a meand MWO will be missing out no me spending money!

Please consider changing this behaviour.

#2 Nebuzar

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCentral USA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Had the same thing happen to me.

This needs to be changed so that we can convert MXP to GXP on mechs we've sold. PGI is missing out on some cash with this.

#3 PapaKilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

No, it just needs to be explained from the beginning that this is how it's supposed to be.

You cannot earn XP on 'Mechs you do not own.
You cannot transfer XP to/from 'Mechs you do not own.

Eventually they will have in-game instructions and explanations for this kind of thing.

#4 ComradeK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg, Mother-Russia

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

But I can`t understand why this restriction is implemented. It is in Piranhas interest to let us spend real money for converting XP to GXP, but they use strange restrictions for that. Why? O_o

#5 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

In order to be able to exchange XP's you need to unlock ALL 8 basic skills on that certain mech beforehand.

EDIT: Nvm. Misread the original question. Thought you weren't able to convert mech XP into general XP from a certain mech you do own.

Edited by WaddeHaddeDudeda, 03 December 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#6 PapaKilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Strange restrictions? Are you kidding me?

It would definitely be strange if we could just pilot one 'Mech and use that one's XP to level up all other 'Mechs without ever actually owning them.

The way it is now actually makes sense.

#7 ComradeK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg, Mother-Russia

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

PapaKilo, what are U talking about? I don`t even said about converting XP from one owned Mech to another without buying it. It is unreal, you can`t even do it. You can spend GXP for skills - that`s right. But you must purchase Mech anyway.
I said that if I need CB I can sell my owned Mech (for example, this Mech was with all unlocked basic skills) And after I sold it I can`t convert remaining XP of this Mech to GXP to learn, for example, new modules. But if I have piloted it for weeks and have thousands of XP, I can` use this XP at all. Does it matter that I sold Mech? Anyway, I need to buy this variant of chassis again and only after that I will be able to get my GXP. It is definitely nonsense! I don`t understand deep logical basement for this -__-

Edited by ComradeK, 03 December 2012 - 05:57 AM.

#8 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostPapaKilo, on 03 December 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

Strange restrictions? Are you kidding me?

It would definitely be strange if we could just pilot one 'Mech and use that one's XP to level up all other 'Mechs without ever actually owning them.

The way it is now actually makes sense.

Nobody is talking about that (although I'd find nothing wrong with that if it was possible).

The OP is about converting XP from previously owned mechs which you sold before converting the XP. I suppose PGI's reasoning is that they want you to either spend MC on enough mech bays that you do not have to sell or otherwise grind more CB to buy back the mech if you want to convert the XP you already earned on it. Don't think it makes much sense myself though.

#9 Keltzmaa

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

I got hit by this also. I sold a cicada not realizing i couldn't later convert the xp remaining. I realize they want to encourage you to spend money on mech bays (and possibly mech variants) but it just would have been nice to know this before I sold it.

That being said. I really wish you could just buy an empty mech chassis. I already have tons of items to build it out with. Or at the very least, let me buy back the empty mech chassis i sold unkowingly.

#10 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

It makes no sense that we cant exchange left over XP from mechs we have sold. We earned/gained the XP, as a pilot you cant pretend the experiences gained operating the mech no longer exists because we sold the mech.

Plus, its an unutilized cash flow stream for the devs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users