No replies to this topic

#1 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

People playing this game have always been shouting out for balance, an economy that doesnt made you feel as though your time is worthless, and to make us feel as though your trying to rob us blind with the prices you charge for things outside of C-bills.

The first instance that of balance, okay i can see what is happening here, first off the Lrm's got nerf'd so all those players that like to hide away from the fighting complained about it so much that they became buffed to the point of insanity, they had the trajectory altered: the rocket spread tightened: targeting systems introduced for a better hit ratio and then they have the damage that they do increased.

Other weapon systems were also altered, not all for the better i hasten to add, but it was the following that really got me thinking "What is actually going on here, and if i say anything about it will this thread get locked then deleted?"

Other than the Lrm's being just a little to strong for their purpose in a battle field (a support weapon not a main weapon) and the economy, but we all know that balancing figures is hard at the best of times especially when your dealing with variable figures and percentages, the game in my opinion was balanced well enough i thought. You had mech's for just about every eventuallity, Brawling mechs for the up close fights, light mech's for scouting and reporting on Lrm and gauss cats, streak cats to deal with the light mech's, and so on. Basically a mech for every type of player.

On the view point of playing pug matches Only, Okay now the interesting bit, gauss weapons now have a 90% chance of exploding once its massive 3 hp's have been depleted making it a ticking time bomb, 1 good shot from a skilled player and its back to the mech lab.
The streak kitty is no-longer a viable mech to run, unless you can be 100% sure that the group you are dropping with are dripping with ecm's to counter the opponents, but alas we have no battle prediction equipment so there is no chance of knowing. The ecm system has completely made the streak useless the only mech build that could be used to keep the scouts and other scouting mechs at bay or at least make them keep their distance, now they have almost immunity on the battle field.

Yes the ecm works on keeping must groups of mech's into a tight rolling assault train of solid bruising metal, but as for balance.........im sure the forums are telling you, if not im sure it will be raised in this thread, but one type of weapon that is still usable outside the ecm bubble is the Lrm's, the streak cat has a small window of opportunity to get a shot off, beyond that range it is useless as it's rockets will detonate before impact. But any mech that comes outside the ecm bubble is dead meat by yet again Lrm's, the one weapon that if any other doesn't would encourage players to camp out and fire upon any friendly target locks, okay its a very boring way of playing the game but during drops im seeing more and more of this happening.

Yes all the advice about closing down Lrm boats has already been covered in previous posts and those about streak cats and gauss kitties etc, and yes this thread will probably be torn apart by the Lrm pilots and the like but just try and focus on the facts, as stated above.

I'm not going to go into the prices that are being put on ingame merchandise suffice to say that i can buy them cheaper in town and put them on my monitor and i can use them on any mech i want. But if i did go into it then this thread would be locked and possibly deleted like all of the others that have expressed concern at the prices of things.

So my observation is this, if the Lrm boats get a hard time from other mech's on the battle field most of the pilots complain, the guilty mech types then get nerfed to the point of being useless for the battle field.
As if light mech's weren't already a pain in the buttocks (run forest....run) they give them ecm so the one mech that could keep them in order gets made redundant, i can see why the commando gets to use ecm, 2 alpha strikes from any streak kittie and its bye bye commando, and by nature and design i can see why the raven has the ability to carry ecm, as for the rest! I suppose variety didn't kill anyone.

Like i said these are just observations and pointing a few things out, if you think im crying well possibly i am but let me assure you that it is with pure laughter at how ridiculous some aspects of this game are becoming, we are all told one thing but what is being presented to us is the complete opposite or in political terms, a manipulation of the truth.

Edited by SiorAlpin Wolf, 06 December 2012 - 04:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users