Isn News Flash

9 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

Wed. Dec 12, 3049: A year after General Tom Stancel becomes senior officer of 12th Vegan Rangers; sterling reviews from subordinates & clients.

#2 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Even more important, it's Wednesday. Got what I mean?

#3 bug3at3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Ah crap, there's Vegans in BT lore?
Posted Image

#4 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Doesn't matter. Guys with haircuts like that are always easy to beat down, glowing eyes or not.

#5 bug3at3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostThontor, on 12 December 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

http://www.sarna.net...h_Vegan_Rangers

Vegan as in from Vega... Not vegetarian silly.

...a whole planet of vegans?

Sounds worse then San Francisco.

/sarcasm

#6 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Indeed. Do these Vegans have vegan powers? Can they be overcome by the power of Bass?

#7 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

View Postbug3at3r, on 12 December 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

...a whole planet of vegans?

Sounds worse then San Francisco.

/sarcasm

I live in San Francisco, and I think people that don't live here have a bit of a wong impression of us.

Sure there's a lot of the stuff that the city has a reputation for, but it's also a hard drinking much more down to earth city than people expect.

Sure It's a wierd town, but believe me, the nuts are a much smaller percentage of the population than people think,.

#8 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

View Postverybad, on 12 December 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

I live in San Francisco, and I think people that don't live here have a bit of a wong impression of us.

Sure there's a lot of the stuff that the city has a reputation for, but it's also a hard drinking much more down to earth city than people expect.

Sure It's a wierd town, but believe me, the nuts are a much smaller percentage of the population than people think,.

However, they are vocal and active enough to completely eclipse the silent rational majority, who if they exist, have chosen irrelevancy. Maybe the local news covers "hero citizen beats down burglar" but the national news only sees *** rights activists invading a Catholic church dressed as nuns for the purpose of disrespecting and disrupting a place where the very notion of "sanctuary" was born. While I'm sure you see your point of view very clearly from your vantage point, distance obscures it enough for the rest of us to get a totally different picture.

Regardless, we've both driven off topic here. I have a question though. Why is this posted 5 years before sarna lists him as leader? Anyone know the source material?

Edited by Insidious Johnson, 12 December 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#9 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 12 December 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Regardless, we've both driven off topic here. I have a question though. Why is this posted 5 years before sarna lists him as leader? Anyone know the source material?

From what I can imply is in 3054 he becomes the 'Commanding Officer' of the unit, at present he's just a senior officer of the 12th Vegan Rangers. I think the problem is that we look at the news flash and see 'General' which is taken straight from Sarna, so that might be the incorrect rank for this individual based on his position within the unit in 3049.

Thus it throws the entire news flash onto the questionable research line of talk again. At least it wasn't spelling this time.

#10 SmackZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 303 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

shouldnt this be posted elsewhere? I mean it is fiction so why is it under announcements instead of universe or community or something.

Edited by SmackZ, 17 December 2012 - 06:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users