7 replies to this topic

#1 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

With the Introduction of ECM the Assault Game Mode
is spoiled by the ECM Base Cappers.
About 50% of the Games we got ECM Base Capper Victories.

Before the Introduction it was about 5-10% of Base Capping Victories.
Mostly AFTER a fight.

The Reason for this are that ECM allows exactly to do what it should do.
Moving in the Countryside without beeing spotted and then Stealth attacking from behind.

But as Players are, they are not Attacking frm behind, because they want to save the Repair costs and go directly for the Win via Cap.

Some even go as far as let their Heavy die in the fight go around the Base defence
and then Cap etc. Especially in Pugging this is a Problem and it annoys lot of Players.

There are lot of possible Changes to prevent that. Increase Income on Actual Damage done etc, Nerf ECM hard till it is unuseable etc.

But most of this things have Balancing Issues in other Territories.

I am writing down an Idea i have had for 3 Days know and Promoting in other Threads as well, to only Discuss this Idea.

Suggested Change on ECM:
A Mech under ECM Cover can't capture.
A Mech with an Operational ECM Module can't capture

The Reason would be that the High Microwaves the ECM Produces would kill the Infantry man
and they don't want die on Radiation overdosis, so they won't go out anylonger when a ECM is out there working.

This Add on to the ECM Ruleset would force the ECM Mechs to Fight, and thats what we all want, big Robot fights, Action.

There maybe some Exploits like shooting the Legs of where the ECM is installed, and it would be still possible of a Team to send in 6 Mechs into the Base covered by two Ravens, then the Ravens go on Perimeter Watch 200 Meters away from the Base and tell the others when the Defenders head back etc..

But it would Putt lot of more Strategy in the Use of ECM and Gameplay, instead of the Current: Putt 8 D-DC into on group and lets Baserush and hope that the others don't have Lights with ECM doing the same.

And it will balance in some way the ECM Advantage in the Matter that a ECM Mech have to fight and not the Captue option.

And yes maybe it will result in some Tk's when some stupid Commando Pilots with activated ECM Umbrellas his team at the Enemy Base... but i think he won't do it twice...

It would putt some Brain using back to the ECM.

So please now Discussion.

Edit.:
Instead of killing the ability of a Mech in ECCM Mode reduce his Capture Speed
by 75% could be a compromise.

Edited by Elkarlo, 13 December 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#2 Tal Kath Naabal

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOrbit

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Make capture possible in ECM counter mode, and that's one of the best ideas I've heard!!

#3 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Not realy, as then it will stay the same: 8 Ravens rushing to the base and all go into counter...
Exploit still valid.

Maybe that a Mech only Capture with 25% Capture speed if he is in Countermode... so he can force Combat... but the Problem is simply... 4-5 Mechs in your Base and you are 600 Meters away fighting others and you have lost.

But that he would be at 25% Capture speed with an active ECM Module maybe a solution, still a Draw back and reduction in Capturespeed. And that's all what i want, killing the Speed of the Capture by the Ninja Mech Teams.

Edited by Elkarlo, 13 December 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#4 Hammer RLG

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

well, it is an idea, but what logical reason is there for a mech with/under ECM to not be able to capture. a mech in the enemy base can capture. what is the difference that it is has/under ECM? unless there is something that needs to be fixed with ECM?

#5 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

We had Base Rushing before ECM as well but not so extrem.
Before the Team could spread out 3 sectors move close together and they still could see Baserushers comming in.

Thanks to ECM we stay closer together, and even spread out in a line we miss the Base capper because the detection Range has decreased...

That all together Favours the ECM Basecapping.
So besides it's enormous combat effectivness a ECM also is the basecapping Module.
And that is unintended i think and destroys MWO over short or long.

The Logical Reason why nobody want's to stepp out to Capture a Base when a Highpower Signal transmitter is near you...
Because of the glowing Lightbulbs..

In the German Army i was a Radio Operator and APC driver and i learned by a simple Demonstration: Don't go near the Radio truck when he is operating. ( Two 50cm Wires and i Lightbulb and when getting near the HF station of around 5-10 Meters it glows) So every Infantry man outside a Mech would have Problems getting a Family founded after he was near a Capturing ECM Mech, simply because of the Frequency Umbrella an ECM makes.

Our HF Radio Operators putted in the Safty Perimeter a Lightbulb connected with two Wires, so that everyone approaching the Safty Perimeter could see if the Transmitter was hot or not.
Normaly we would had to wait shout announce etc.

Edited by Elkarlo, 13 December 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#6 IanDresari

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

Why even bases. Give us Skirmish game modes, so we can enjoi quick pug brawls. Do it like MW4 did it. I don't need no bases.

#7 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

i remember a time, where people were smart enough to ninja cap without ECM and did it a lot

Edited by Elder Thorn, 14 December 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#8 Hammer RLG

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

agreed @ Elder Thorn. if you stick together becasue of ECM it seems like your tactics need a change. why is there a need for everyone to be in the ECM umbrella? keep the enemy guessing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users