European Servers.

23 replies to this topic

#21 Niberung

• Legendary Founder
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Well, since the devs are trying really hard to alleviate the symptoms without curing the desease itself (polishing the netcode, adjusting projectile speeds, ECM and such - everything that makes it easier to hit a lagging target or avoid getting hit) we won't be seeing EU servers for some time.

But the game itself is playable enough. I'm playing from Russia (and literally from the other side of the Northern hemisphere) and the ping to MWO server is the best among other NA game servers I connect to. Yeah, I don't bother trying to hit a smart light 'mech (hey, not all of them keep changing their direction every other couple of seconds - and they pay for that dearly) with anything but SSRMs, but I rarely miss anything that moves under 80 km/h even with ballistic weapons. Looking at the damage I deal it seems like I miss about 25-30% of all shots fired with AC10/Gauss/PPC. It's not thet bad, really.

Edited by Niberung, 15 December 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#22 Apoc1138

• Elite Founder
  • 1708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 15 December 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

Kain: Yep, Germany once ruled a huge part of Europe, but so did the Ottoman empire. Servers in Germany would be great though, as far as I know blizzard had wow servers somewhere near Paris and there were some crazy lag spikes back there. No such issues with Germany.

The lag spikes in France were probably from the ports going on strike... badoom tisch

Edited by Apoc1138, 15 December 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#23 Fiachdubh

• Elite Founder
  • 937 posts
  • LocationThe windswept wilderness of west Mayo

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

PGI said at the start that only North American users were supported during the BETA phase and founders packages but that there were no barriers to players from the rest of the world buying founders packages and taking part n BETA. You were warned, there is nothing to complain about. I am in Europe and get pings of 140-250 in the morning GMT until lunch time but it is unplayable the rest of the day or at any stage during the weekends.

#24 Thorn Hallis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4461 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Where's the difference? You'd still get killed by people with a ping of 30...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users