31 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Russ Bullock - President

Bryan Ekman - Creative Director

Q: Will certain mechs be house specific and not available across the board, or is it a free for all in that sense

A: Mechs will not be limited to a house, however, we plan to adjust the C-Bill cost based on your allegiance. [BRYAN]

Q: Can legs be blown off? Is their limping with significant hip/leg damage?

A: Legs cannot be blown off. However you can do critical damage. The leg becomes useless and the mech limps. [BRYAN]

Q: Will the rank system have a “skill” level to pit us against similarly skilled players?

A: At launch match making will be very simple to maximize play time. As we evolve the game, matchmaking will be tuned. [BRYAN]

Q: Any chance of the quick-zoom reticule from MW3 coming back? Loved that feature!

A: Yes, but it will be slightly different in execution. [BRYAN]

Q: Since its F2P and can be updated on the fly. Do you actually plan to have an Open Beta, or release at minimal working condition?

A: Yes, we plan to have an open beta. [BRYAN]

Q: What happens to the damage overflow if you shoot someone in a destroyed (but still attached) leg?

A: Currently we are not allowing damage overflow as a form of balance. [BRYAN]

Q: How much environmental destruction do you plan for the MWO project ?

A: What you see in videos is close to final. We plan on adding in tree destruction and small prop destruction. [BRYAN]

Q: The quadrupeds, and so-called “unsee” will be part of the game at some point?

A: Quads are not planned for launch. We may review them post launch. They pose some technical challenges. [BRYAN]

Q: Will tonnage limits be added to matches, or is it strictly Role being filled as needed in a match?

A: Matchmaking will be limit at launch to basic pairings and evolve to class, tonnage, and a form of BV. [BRYAN]

Q: Mech skins? Or ability to color your mech to taste?

A: Both. Skins and cameo specs/patterns are supported. [BRYAN]

Q: How will the player’s initial ‘mech(s) be selected?

A: Players will get 1 free mech to start. They can chose from 4 1 in each class – light, med, heavy, assault. [BRYAN]A: You will be able to choose from a selection based on the role you want to play. [RUSS]

Q: How many mechs are we going to be able to have in our stable at launch and atm how many can we unlock or buy after launch?
A: Great question. There shouldn’t be a limit to how many a person can own. Right at launch including variants? Dozens. [RUSS]

Q: Will you have (bad wot example) premium mech’s?
A: I think there are some really neat ideas like notable named hero mechs. [RUSS]

Q: How can I guarantee my lance will be able to play together? eg the random matchmaking in other games is annoying
A: You can group together similar to a console party and then launch into a match as a group. [RUSS]

Q: Is there plans to show, graphically in-game, each different weapon as it is put into your load out?
A: We do a fair bit of this now and we will be able to add more and more as the game goes along. [RUSS]

Q: Will internal components be destroyable, can I take out an enemy weapon system in the torso with destroying the location
A: Yes absolutely that is your greatest tactic in dealing with enemies. Facing a Hunchback you know where to shoot. [RUSS]

Q: How many developers PGI is currently busy on the MWO?
A: Around 40 + IGP and other support staff. [RUSS]

Q: In regards to group sizes, is that the upper limit of mechs in a match? Would there be matches with more than 12?
A: yes 12v12 is 24 mechs. Limit at least for launch who knows where the future takes us. [RUSS]

Q: How will the game deal with headhunting (Aiming at the head for an easy kill)?
A: In short we are and will deal with it just like the problem of legging. We won’t stick our head in the sand and ignore. [RUSS]

Q: what makes a slow medium (say, the Hunchback) more enticing than a fast heavy / assault (like the Cyclops)?
A: Good question but tough to answer in a tweet. The hunchback will probably cost half as much and is still a mean mech. [RUSS]

General responses

We do not currently have plans to release an SDK or Editor to the public. [BRYAN]
We do support multiple monitors and joysticks. We have not officially announced how many or which ones. [BRYAN]
 As to min specs, we don’t have all the info yet but we will quickly discover that info in the next couple of weeks. [RUSS]
As to VOIP – we know our players will use it and they have their favorite, but we are exploring an official option atm. [RUSS]
As to group sizes- well our game breaks down into lances and 3 lances is a company. So your groups can be up to 12. [RUSS]
Yes we are working very hard to ensure MWO has servers in every major region. Things look very promising, talks underway. [RUSS]
As to all the questions about Beta! Ready? Stay tuned for that info soon ( as in next week ). [RUSS]

Special thanks to Pixel Hunt for cataloguing these afterward, as well as asking questions during! We had a great time, and hope to do another tweetchat as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone who participated, and to those poring over the answers!

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

some good answers there. guess i better be ready to shell out day one for a mech i actually want with a limit of 1 per class to choose from :rolleyes:

#3 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

thanks and very informative

brings up more questions even after giving so many answers

chris

#4 OhGilPin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Cheers for the information guys... I hope when you release minimum specifications you also release the minimum for maximum... :rolleyes:

#5 RedHairDave

• 1,299 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

thanks for all the info, about to esplode from hopes of open beta announce next week!!!!!

#6 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

Not a fan of the hero mech comment...but a good twit chat nonetheless!

#7 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Good info, color me anxious for next week.

#8 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostKaemon, on 17 May 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

I would buy the Legend Killer Rifleman. I would buy Yen Lo Wang, Jamie Wolf's Archer, Natasha's Warhammer, Kerensky's Orion etc. As a historian, that would be epic.

#9 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostKaemon, on 17 May 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

They've been adamant MWO won't be pay to win, so hero mechs would probably just be mechlab-legal variants and custom cosmetics :rolleyes:

#10 Bullet Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Some great answers here, gives us alot to look forward to. I noticed they skipped over saying if the reseens would make it in the game though.

Q: The quadrupeds, and so-called “unsee” will be part of the game at some point?

A: Quads are not planned for launch. We may review them post launch. They pose some technical challenges. [BRYAN]

#11 Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Again, I like the Questions and love the answers even more; good to see this Mechwarrior being so well thought out and crafted!

Thanks everyone involved.

S!

#12 Akrasjel Lanate

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

I mostly like the last anwser.

"As to all the questions about Beta! Ready? Stay tuned for that info soon ( as in next week ). [RUSS]"

#13 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

Some good stuff, mostly the general statements by the devs. Is it just me or did it feel like most of the questions that were asked up there have already been covered in the dev blogs and such?

#14 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

All great info give and can't wait for this its been too long since I've enter a mechs cockpit and had some fun.

#15 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 17 May 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

some good answers there. guess i better be ready to shell out day one for a mech i actually want with a limit of 1 per class to choose from ;)

Well they do have 40+ employees to feed :D

Thanks Devs, I plan on buying you guys at least 5 hot-dogs as soon as I can!

#16 XxInfernoxX

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Now to find 11 friends to fill out my company. Looking forward to next week!

#17 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostNARCoMAN, on 17 May 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

I would buy the Legend Killer Rifleman. I would buy Yen Lo Wang, Jamie Wolf's Archer, Natasha's Warhammer, Kerensky's Orion etc. As a historian, that would be epic.

Rhonda Snord's Highlander.

Posted Image

#18 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thanks again fellas, great information. :D

#19 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostXxInfernoxX, on 17 May 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Now to find 11 friends to fill out my company. Looking forward to next week!

Check out the Hiring Hall, there's a bunch of units recruiting. :D

#20 Deathjester

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 May 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Q: How will the player’s initial ‘mech(s) be selected?

A: Players will get 1 free mech to start. They can chose from 4 1 in each class – light, med, heavy, assault. [BRYAN]A: You will be able to choose from a selection based on the role you want to play. [RUSS]

So, one mech from each weight class (light, medium, heavy, assault) picked from the role (assault, defense, scout, command) that we want to start off in? So could we be looking at 16 mechs at launch?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users