• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMooresville, IN

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Battletech Mechforce patches.

http://www.sarna.net...tleTech_Patches

Call me a collector, these are next on my list of things to acquire.
Id like them sealed in package or in 'like new' condition.
Big money to whoever has a Jade Falcon patch.

I also have my eye on other regalia, such as keychains, posters, pins and spare Virtual World mechandise.
So don't be shy to post what ya got if you're willing to sell(so long its battletech), cause I'm sure we can make a deal.
Ill be checking back here every now and then.

Thanks for reading.

#2 xenoglyph

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hmm...explain the rationale behind this collecting thing if you would please. I know some people like collecting things.... but I just don't get it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, this is just honestly an alien concept to me.

Edited by xenoglyph, 15 December 2012 - 01:24 AM.

#3 Tenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationTSF

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Pretty much people collect what they collect because they see a certain value to the item that people may or may not understand. Various different reasons why someone would collect the things they do. For example, I collect anime figures, because well I'm a huge anime fan, if a series I watched memorable I'd like to buy a figure or anything relating to that series.

i.e. I like it, it's as simple as that.

#4 blah40000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

probably not what you're looking for, but you may be interested. http://foamcorps.com...s-FOBPAT-BT.htm

I'm sure you've already scoured ebay, amazon, etc. for those vintage patches, but keep on looking. good luck to you on your collection.

#5 J a d e P h o e n i x

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

View Postxenoglyph, on 15 December 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

Hmm...explain the rationale behind this collecting thing if you would please. I know some people like collecting things.... but I just don't get it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, this is just honestly an alien concept to me.

Tenri hit the head of the nail, but I guess an explanation on my part shouldn't hurt.
Battletech has been a part of youth as long as I can remember.
I was a bigger fan than I realized I was cause I always knew what it was, but never knew the name or where to acquire it.
Without turning this into a baw thread, ill admit that I missed out on a lot of my youth.
Now 21, I have the spending power and time to invest in reliving my past through vigorous searching and auctioneering.
Early Battletech had a lot of nifty items I missed out on and by collecting patches, figures, posters... its like putting back together a puzzle of what was once (and still is) an enjoyable memory.

Not to mention, they just don't make cool **** like they use to. So I want moar moar moar! Hahah.

Edited by Pheonix, 17 December 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#6 J a d e P h o e n i x

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Here is my recent finds. These are things I'm looking for.

Posted Image

#7 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

http://outpost-berli...ath=84_697_1165

like this ?

i did search a bit in my native language ^^ if you need help pm me.

and check out this guy :

http://www.battletec...read.php?t=9063

( edit he sold all alrdy :D )

Edited by siLve00, 07 January 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#8 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I have a first printing copy of the original batteldroids boxed set. Is that something you are looking for?

#9 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I have rarely played battletech in the past 12 years. I still buy old used battletech books. After a very short six month period over a year ago when my friends and I played again I started buying up catalyst books.

I do this for the same reason I buy old West End Games Star Wars RPG books and 1st through 3rd edition Shadowrun books. They where apart of my youth, and start of my adult life. They gave me worlds I could immerse myself in. I just like how they tweak my imagination. I love the aesthetic design, writing, and tactile feel I get when reading them. Over all I like the quality of work that was involved.

I cant explain it better than that. Honestly it come from the same place that motivates little old ladies from collecting hummels, or teapots. Why people collect stamps, baseball cards, or model trains. It hits an emotional nerve in at some level in the brain and hear.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 07 January 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#10 J a d e P h o e n i x

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostsiLve00, on 07 January 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

http://outpost-berli...ath=84_697_1165

like this ?

i did search a bit in my native language ^^ if you need help pm me.

and check out this guy :

http://www.battletec...read.php?t=9063

( edit he sold all alrdy :P )

Amazing finds!
Shame that guy sold out so soon, I was surely interested in those. Didn't know there were so many!
That website is a big help, know if those patches are brand new and not reproductions?

#11 J a d e P h o e n i x

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostGrrzoot, on 07 January 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

I have a first printing copy of the original batteldroids boxed set. Is that something you are looking for?

Yes.
While I am looking to buy the game box sets, its not on my priority list YET.
Unless unpunched and/or sealed, I have no reason to buy them as I can not offer a fair price on a used game seeing as I've seen their prices range from $5 to $75.

#12 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostPheonix, on 07 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Amazing finds!
Shame that guy sold out so soon, I was surely interested in those. Didn't know there were so many!
That website is a big help, know if those patches are brand new and not reproductions?

if i have time i can ask them by an e-mail... the are no infos at the page if it is a reprodutcions or brand.

#13 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostPheonix, on 07 January 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

Yes.
While I am looking to buy the game box sets, its not on my priority list YET.
Unless unpunched and/or sealed, I have no reason to buy them as I can not offer a fair price on a used game seeing as I've seen their prices range from $5 to $75.

yeah i too collect older rpg games, everything from the banned warhammer books to first ed d&d, i have managed some really great finds in my time. The battledroids box set is complete but yes the mechs are punched out and its missing a couple stands. It's not really my thing, i've only kept it because, well MWO is here and battletech is becoming relevant again, i really had lost hope for seeing anymore more fasa stuff come around until i saw this game and i am delighted.
I mean heck i have 2 copies of shadowrun for the sega genesis, it was one of my favorite games, right next to cyberpunk.
I will keep my eye out though i know a couple hidden nook corner gaming stores that have stuff for ages in the back, problem is knowing what they are worth, i hate to go look for something for someone else then find out i overpaid.

#14 J a d e P h o e n i x

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostsiLve00, on 08 January 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

if i have time i can ask them by an e-mail... the are no infos at the page if it is a reproductions or brand.

Would be much appreciated when you have the time.

#15 J a d e P h o e n i x

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hey all, just checking back into this thread to post another update of my finds.
Posted Image

Newest claims are-
Camo Jade Falcon Pin
Colored Smoke Jaguar pin
Camo & Colored FedCom keychains + pins
Not one, but SIX Colossal Class Rhodes Project patches
Steiner Mechforce Patch
Clan Wolf Mechforce patch
House Liao, Comstar & Clan Nova Cat keychains

After some consideration and time sitting on these items, I am actually placing my entire FedCom set up on Ebay.
I'm a Clan buff, not IS. So its best they go to someone who will enjoy them more than I will, despite how hard I fought to get them. You will find the listing here ---> http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=121107603789

Edited by Pheonix, 08 May 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#16 J a d e P h o e n i x

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Forgot to post these.
From my understanding, these were Mechwarrior pins that came with certain figures or given at special events.
These are big during the Dark Age franchise and thus my knowledge is limited.
There is obviously more out there, but I believe I had the majority of them, atleast with the U.S releases.
I will also be selling these pins on Ebay, but they will not include the Fellowship pins. Those are mine. Lol.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users