Gamers 25 And Older Needed

25 replies to this topic

#1 Polteg Ice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSomewhere neither here, nor there.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

2old2play.com

We are looking for gamers 25 and older to share wine, laughs, and good times.

Break bread with brothers, then trash a few Robots.

Skill level will never be a requirement... we don't care if you have a K/d of 100, or 0.001! We don't give flying Monkey splats! What we care about is your attitude. Bring good spirits, a bit of raunchy humour and you will have found your second home. Also bring a mic, we want to talk to you.

We gots voice server info. Its the difference between a team and a pug.

We have the friends list that we keep updated by activity so you know who to grab when your first get there.

We have discussions on all things MWO

If you bring, cheats, exploits, cowardice, whining or any other tactic unbecoming of a mature gamer, then don't bring yourself. Stay away.

We also have a great foundation of players playing different games, on all the consoles, combined to make nearly 30,000 gamers wanting to play with you.

come visit the site to find out more., here is the link directly to our Mech forum where your fun begins. http://www.2old2play...rums/mech-forum

Our mission at 2o2p is simple:provide a place for adult gamers, who prefer to play games with other adults. We don't mind it when you have to leave mid match because one of your kids just got sick, or that your drunk and cursing like a trucker. At 2o2p we respect each others skills or lack thereof, your rights, and your desire to have fun when playing online. Its a place where commitment isn't measured in the amount of time you log in-game, but by the fact that when you manage to finally get the kids to sleep, sneek past the wife, you are logging in to play with us, even if it is just for one game before the old battle-axe starts a swingin.

Also there is no elitism, no higher echelon, or Leaders, Everyone is on equal footing and your opinion matters just as much as mine. Don't worry you are free to be yourself and share your opinion.

Edited by Polteg Ice, 15 December 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

I see it as a subtle insult that I, with my...uhm...ca. 29 years *cough*, am seen as to old to play. ;)

#3 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

This forum is for Liao units only, take it somewhere else.

#4 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

This is not the appropriate place to place a recruitment ad, but I wish you well in your endevour.

#5 KuruptU4Fun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostPropnut, on 15 December 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

This is not the appropriate place to place a recruitment ad, but I wish you well in your endevour.

Yet Mr's Steele (as the thread creator) above you has one:

http://mwomercs.com/...ers-recruiting/

And another one here:

And finally one you created:

http://mwomercs.com/...42#entry1102242

So can we approach your disapproval less hypocritically please?

Edited by KuruptU4Fun, 15 December 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#6 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

question, are you guys a dedicated merc unit or just gouping up non commitfull, cause i doesn't have enough time to play a the moment to commit to a serious, competitive merc group. if its just join up for a laugh when you get online, then please by all means i'm in.

#7 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostCzardread, on 15 December 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

question, are you guys a dedicated merc unit or just gouping up non commitfull, cause i doesn't have enough time to play a the moment to commit to a serious, competitive merc group. if its just join up for a laugh when you get online, then please by all means i'm in.

We are not a dedicated unit, though we are creating a "back story" and do have sigs available for you to use. Your level of interaction is up to you. First and foremost we are here to have fun and play MW:O as a group of friends. Shoot me a FR if you'd like I can get you into the group.

Edited by KuruptU4Fun, 15 December 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#8 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostKuruptU4Fun, on 15 December 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Yet Mr's Steele (as the thread creator) above you has one:

And another one here:

And finally one you created:

http://mwomercs.com/...42#entry1102242

So can we approach your disapproval less hypocritically please?

Actually, all of the threads you posted are on topic, they are related to recruiting for units affiliated with House Liao, regardless of which agency through with they come, Houseliao.com, Word of Lowtax, etc. While the post by Polteg Ice is not recruiting for any unit affilitated with House Liao but rather for an online gaming community.

I pointed out that it was not appropriate for this forum section and I believe that I am correct in that assertion, although I wish him well in his endeavor when he does indeed find the correct section in which to post his thread.

Unless of course I am mistaken and the OP was to inform House Liao that the 2OLD2play group was throwing it lot in with House Liao?

#9 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Depending on response we certainly are. We are simply looking for people over the age of 25, then taking a consensus from that group as to where we as a group would like to go. We've had a thread over in Kurita that started quite some time ago, after a while we decided to leave and find somewhere else to go.

#10 Aidan Malchor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 350 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I think what the OP means is that 2OLD2play is willing to lower the bar and allow oppressed Liao citizens at a chance at freedom from not only oppression but of mediocrity as well.

#11 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hello KuruptU4Fun, of course House Liao would love to have more units affiliated and when you do decide on this please do post a thread on that topic. Of course that does not change my first, nor last post. This is not the correct forum section for recruiting into a gaming community.

I am not sure which one is actually. I would bet that "off topic" might be a good place to start or better yet have all your members put recruiting banners on their signature and have them post on topic threads on whatever interests them. This way possible new recruits will get exposure to your group and their ideals. If you would like to PM me perhaps I can find some other venues for you to post threads in. Again this is not the correct venue but we may be able to find the correct one for you.

#12 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostPropnut, on 15 December 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Actually, all of the threads you posted are on topic, they are related to recruiting for units affiliated with House Liao, regardless of which agency through with they come, Houseliao.com, Word of Lowtax, etc. While the post by Polteg Ice is not recruiting for any unit affilitated with House Liao but rather for an online gaming community.

I pointed out that it was not appropriate for this forum section and I believe that I am correct in that assertion, although I wish him well in his endeavor when he does indeed find the correct section in which to post his thread.

Unless of course I am mistaken and the OP was to inform House Liao that the 2OLD2play group was throwing it lot in with House Liao?

This link in your thread (www.zhizhu-mercs.net) is not a direct link to http://www.houseliao...ndex.php?/index. Nor is there any link in houseliao.com to your merc group as of the time of this post.

I had initially started a thread in Kurita looking for players with the intention of joining that house, but of late we have decided to leave that option behind. Currently we are looking for like minded players and will decide upon an official house before CW is implemented. 2Old2Play is where we house our group thread: http://www.2old2play...ums/mech-forum.
We do inform people that contact us that joining 2old2play is not required, but that the list of players and the communication lines we use are available to them. Usually in a PM like this:

We'd be happy to have you! We gather on a website called 2old2play.com. It's a place that is looking for people over the age of 25. It is a fairly big site that covers both consoles and PC gamers. This is the direct link to the Mech Forums we are in.

http://2old2play.com...hwarrior-online

and the websites'
registration page if you're so inclined:

http://www.2old2play.com/user/register

Understand it's not a requirement you join the site to play with us. The direct link to the forum has some threads that contain information on the VoiP program we use (Raidcall) and a list of people we have in the group so you can add them to your friends list. If you'd rather just take that information and join us then wonderful! Hope to see you soon.

Edited by KuruptU4Fun, 15 December 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#13 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Actually, I am no longer affiliated with the ZhiZhu Mercenary Regiment. At the time, they were indeed affiliated with House Liao. That was the point of that thread.

I think you still miss the point of my argument. All threads that you are referring to are intended to recruit to units directly affiliated with House Liao, the faction in Mechwarrior Online for which this forum section is intended to be used by. The thread started by your fellow group member is intended solely to find and get people to join 2old2play. Which is not at this time affiliated with House Liao. This is illistrated by the fact that they have posted the same recruitment thread in three faction areas; House Kurita, Mercs, and House Liao.

Again, I would be happy to help you find the correct place to post you.

Please let me know via PM if I can indeed help out. This thread should be locked.

#14 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Propnut, with all due respect I have a right just like you do to try and get people to play in a group with similar interests as the people who created any of the house groups or merc corps in these threads. The thread in House Kurita I use to recruit still stands, the one created here and the one in the Merc Corps thread are in place as well. You've expressed your dissatisfaction and have every right to. But I do not need your assistance at this time, I do thank you for your offer.

#15 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

lol, K. I give up. (insert facepalm here) You still do not, and I doubt you ever will, get the point.

I still think this thread should be locked, but I wish you well.

#16 Polteg Ice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSomewhere neither here, nor there.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Back on topic...
Yes we are mercs and are willing to take on some liao folks...

2old2play.com

We are looking for gamers 25 and older to share wine, laughs, and good times.

Break bread with brothers, then trash a few Robots.

Skill level will never be a requirement... we don't care if you have a K/d of 100, or 0.001! We don't give flying Monkey splats! What we care about is your attitude. Bring good spirits, a bit of raunchy humour and you will have found your second home. Also bring a mic, we want to talk to you.

We gots voice server info. Its the difference between a team and a pug.

We have the friends list that we keep updated by activity so you know who to grab when your first get there.

We have discussions on all things MWO

If you bring, cheats, exploits, cowardice, whining or any other tactic unbecoming of a mature gamer, then don't bring yourself. Stay away.

We also have a great foundation of players playing different games, on all the consoles, combined to make nearly 30,000 gamers wanting to play with you.

come visit the site to find out more., here is the link directly to our Mech forum where your fun begins. http://www.2old2play...rums/mech-forum

Our mission at 2o2p is simple:provide a place for adult gamers, who prefer to play games with other adults. We don't mind it when you have to leave mid match because one of your kids just got sick, or that your drunk and cursing like a trucker. At 2o2p we respect each others skills or lack thereof, your rights, and your desire to have fun when playing online. Its a place where commitment isn't measured in the amount of time you log in-game, but by the fact that when you manage to finally get the kids to sleep, sneek past the wife, you are logging in to play with us, even if it is just for one game before the old battle-axe starts a swingin.

Also there is no elitism, no higher echelon, or Leaders, Everyone is on equal footing and your opinion matters just as much as mine. Don't worry you are free to be yourself and share your opinion.

Edited by Polteg Ice, 15 December 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#17 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostAidan Malchor, on 15 December 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

I think what the OP means is that 2OLD2play is willing to lower the bar and allow oppressed Liao citizens at a chance at freedom from not only oppression but of mediocrity as well.

first off, obvious troll is obvious, second, tell that to the 4 HHOD drops I (and by I, I mean the group I was playing with and I) beat last night, and the 3 cored batt units the night before. I know a lot of people's names from most of the houses.

#18 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

I'm not sure I really understand the objections here, folks, but I apologise if any feathers are being ruffled. I might be a little biased but I think it's approriate for us to post here. We may not be specifically affiliated with House Laio, but we welcome Liao pilots. You say that this isn't the appropriate forum for "spreading the 2old2play gospel", but I can think of no more appropriate place to have a discussion with Liao pilots about the options that are available to them.

Perhaps you're from Tikonov and you've become disillusioned with the chancellor's support of your region of the Inner Sphere, despite her history with your people. Perhaps you're from St. Ives and your loyalties are divided. Perhaps you're a loyal and dedicated Liao pilot, but because of your age, the chancellor has decided in her wisdom to "put you to pasture," and you've still got fight in you.

Whatever the reason, there are a group of former pilots, some from the Combine, some from Rasalhague, others from further-flung regions of the Sphere, who value the skills of Liao pilots and who want to fight by your side, despite your age or loyalties. We have a lance of Cicadas just waiting for expert Liao scouts!

Edited by FerretGR, 16 December 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#19 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

It doesn't matter if you think it's appropiate, merc units are not allowed to recruit in House forums full stop. Believe me I know this from personal experience. I wish you all the best with your unit, but really, please reruit in the merc corp section. You will get more replies there than here anyway. We have the smallest playerbase and need every pilot we can get so please understand it's somewhat irritating having a group come in here and recruit from that same limited pool.

#20 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Well, I realize we're splitting hairs here, but we're technically advertising for 2old2play rather than recruiting for a specific merc corp.

View PostBalls of Steele, on 16 December 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

merc units are not allowed to recruit in House forums full stop.

As an aside, do you have a source for this? Just curious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users