Unit Uniforms

12 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Alright, so I've been doing a lot of work with insignia and battlemechs. But a funny thing happened yesterday. I was inspired to make a rendition of a uniform for Blackburn's Raiders. This isn't the first I've done, but it's the best and I think I feel inspired to do some more. I can't say that I'm doing requests, though I don't want to rule it out either. Anyway, the bulk of these are either going to be for player units or conjectural notions I get in my head. I don't even really want to call it "fannon" since aside from the general form, I'm just going to be making stuff up!

As usual, anyone who has/makes art along these lines feel free to participate! Double points if you actually physically made a BT-inspired uniform ;D

Anyway, this first one is an officer uniform for Blackburn's Raiders, a player-based unit.
Posted Image

Blackburn's Raiders enlisted dress uniform.
Posted Image
This is something I whipped up last night and today for Preston's Lancers, a Capellan unit based off a near-forgotten canon unit.
Posted Image
1st Chesterton Voltigeurs Dress Uniform, Conjectural.
I had a dream about this uniform and one from the 2nd Voltigeurs. Anyway, I'll be doing that one some time soon.
Posted Image

Probably more to come!

Edited by Hayden, 22 May 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

Maxoconnor will love this. :)

#3 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostAdridos, on 21 May 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Maxoconnor will love this. :(

Haha, yeah he will :)

#4 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

That is inspiring, challenge accepted :-)

#5 Samuel Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Oh wow! That's an amazing idea worth attempting. I hope to see more uniform artwork in this thread. Is there a tutorial for making uniforms?

#6 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Nice new thread Hayden! Great work as always!

#7 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Thanks everyone, glad you like this little project thus far.

View PostSamuel Maxwell, on 21 May 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Oh wow! That's an amazing idea worth attempting. I hope to see more uniform artwork in this thread. Is there a tutorial for making uniforms?

I will actually be releasing templates as I go. The FEDCOM template will be made available soon, and others to follow.

#8 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'm really interested in what made Dihm not post his Shieldwall uniform. It's fan made and he already saw this thread. :P

#9 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

We went away from "Space Dracula" that the FRR uses. These are much simpler and a tad more merc. These are a bit old, and I'm working to clean things up and move some things around based on some of our military members' recommendations. :blink:

Posted ImagePosted Image

For some reason the 2nd Battalion is missing, that'll get corrected as well.

I didn't do the linework, just the coloration.

Edited by Dihm, 23 May 2012 - 06:21 AM.

#10 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Superb uniform work in this thread gentlemen! Instead of accepting the challenge, I'd like to submit a request for the Atlas Hunters uniform. You've seen the 'Mech repaints and I will provide the unit insignia in Hayden's other thread by tmo. Thanks in advance.

#11 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 26 May 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Superb uniform work in this thread gentlemen! Instead of accepting the challenge, I'd like to submit a request for the Atlas Hunters uniform. You've seen the 'Mech repaints and I will provide the unit insignia in Hayden's other thread by tmo. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a set pattern in mind? I.E. would you like it based off one of the uniforms of the successor states, or....?

#12 warpig07

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

cool stuff! i was going to suggest doing some in cockpit uniforms but then i realized the error in that

A. its minimal
B. on top of that, its real minimal in creativity, quite akin to what modern fighter pilots or tankers wear

the class A style uniforms look cool though, keep up the good work :)

#13 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostHayden, on 26 May 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Do you have a set pattern in mind? I.E. would you like it based off one of the uniforms of the successor states, or....?

Thanks for the offer, Hayden.

Unless it's off for 3050, I'd go with a simpler design than the ceremonial House uniforms since the AH are a Merc unit. I think a WW2 Canadian ranger uniform inspired by this unsung hero would be cool. I mean Chuck Norris is a school nurse next to this guy... Head dress would be beret. Here's a pic of the uniform (gentleman on the left of course, who by the way has sacrificed his life during the liberation campaign in Holland).

Posted Image

A few items would be different though: I'd go with Turtle neck and bots would be tall, maybe Capellan style.
Base AH theme colors are darker khaki (as on the 'Mech repaints I've done for the AH) and/or dark gray. Accent colors are white and orange (replaced by copper on metallic items).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users