On Mech Diversity!

49 replies to this topic

#21 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

People sure are busy eliting those 4X ravens.

#22 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Solo ran 10 games in various mechs. med/heavy and assault
Posted Image

#23 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

For the lack of Wangs.
To me its an undergunned Mech and with Mediums having a hard time anyway its no surprise almost noone plays it.
The Wang would need at least on energy hardpoint more than it has and still would be at best average.
And adding to that new Mechs and Heros i dont wonder at all.

#24 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

No reason I can see to pilot my Wang when I can use the Flame for C-Bill generation really. :angry:

#25 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Did that app allow you to post that spreadsheet Soarra?

#26 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

no i used excel to post. Used app just to track the matches then just copied it over
well the free excel from the open source office

#27 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Ah. Was it just a pic you posted or is there a way to put that thing in here?

#28 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Also interestingly, you ended up with the same 16% ECM mechs that I did, in nearly the same distribution (Atlas, Raven, Cicada, Commando). You W/L record was far above my general (but then again I was in trials).

Haven't done the math yet, but the class distribution seems about what I found as well.

I think when I do my next set (probably tonight), I might track who is using their founders mechs as well. I saw a few and it interested me. I'll also do my W/L record. I'll also add your tallies to my overall total.

Thanks for the tips.

Edited by hammerreborn, 31 December 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#29 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 31 December 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

Ah. Was it just a pic you posted or is there a way to put that thing in here?

exported to pdf then converted to jpeg

#30 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

I don't think those numbers hold true for everyone, there are a number of ways to 'game' the matchmaker. For instance when I was pugging, playing Conquest ensured there were 3-4 light mechs with EMC. Playing Assault ensured there were at least 4 Stalkers (yes, I played dozens of matches over the (long) weekend and the stalker ratio was 50%+ in my experience)

I am able to significantly influence the matchmaker through my selection. For instance, I don't particularly like Lagshield or ECM, so by not taking a light mech and not playing conquest I was able to minimize the frequency of those mechs in my matches. And that is just one PUG, if you had a team of 4 people you can radically shape the landscape of a match.

#31 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

The poor, poor awesome.

I mean, look at how it's SUPPOSED to be and is in the TT.

Quoth sarna:

"Technicron Manufacturing began production of the Awesome in 2665 to replace the STR-2C Striker. What they produced not only replaced the aging Striker, it became one of the more feared BattleMechs of all time. The Awesome is built around its impressive all energy based arsenal and heavy armor making it a highly independent and powerful assault 'Mech. Rugged and reliable, the Awesome is traditionally used in a vanguard role when penetrating enemy defenses. The Awesome's massive firepower also lends it to defensive actions, acting as a mobile turret when necessary. Because of its reliance on PPCs, the Awesome is able to act independently for extended periods of time. This trait is also useful in siege situations where the 'Mech can keep up a constant barrage, allowing it to win battles of attrition through bleeding an enemy dry."

In MWO it's arguably worse than most heavies and even medium mechs, a truly sad state for "one of the most feared battlemechs of all time"

Edited by QuantumButler, 31 December 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#32 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 31 December 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

The poor, poor awesome.

I mean, look at how it's SUPPOSED to be and is in the TT.

Quoth sarna:

"Technicron Manufacturing began production of the Awesome in 2665 to replace the STR-2C Striker. What they produced not only replaced the aging Striker, it became one of the more feared BattleMechs of all time. The Awesome is built around its impressive all energy based arsenal and heavy armor making it a highly independent and powerful assault 'Mech. Rugged and reliable, the Awesome is traditionally used in a vanguard role when penetrating enemy defenses. The Awesome's massive firepower also lends it to defensive actions, acting as a mobile turret when necessary. Because of its reliance on PPCs, the Awesome is able to act independently for extended periods of time. This trait is also useful in siege situations where the 'Mech can keep up a constant barrage, allowing it to win battles of attrition through bleeding an enemy dry."

In MWO it's arguably worse than most heavies and even medium mechs, a truly sad state for "one of the most feared battlemechs of all time"

On the other hand, the Striker actually looks somewhat interesting - it can carry a ballistic weapon and has a 320 Rated Engine!

#33 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 31 December 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

On the other hand, the Striker actually looks somewhat interesting - it can carry a ballistic weapon and has a 320 Rated Engine!

In MWO it'd pretty much be a faster Atlas with less armor and trading an energy slot for no missiles.

#34 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 31 December 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

In MWO it'd pretty much be a faster Atlas with less armor and trading an energy slot for no missiles.

But it's better than the Awesome! :)

#35 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 31 December 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

But it's better than the Awesome! :)

It probably would be.

It could go at least as fast as the 9M, which is the only actually okay Awesome, and could carry a gauss rifle or a AC20 as well as some lasers, and if PGI was sane the 2S would have 2 ballistic slots.

Edited by QuantumButler, 31 December 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#36 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 31 December 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

I don't think those numbers hold true for everyone, there are a number of ways to 'game' the matchmaker. For instance when I was pugging, playing Conquest ensured there were 3-4 light mechs with EMC. Playing Assault ensured there were at least 4 Stalkers (yes, I played dozens of matches over the (long) weekend and the stalker ratio was 50%+ in my experience)

I am able to significantly influence the matchmaker through my selection. For instance, I don't particularly like Lagshield or ECM, so by not taking a light mech and not playing conquest I was able to minimize the frequency of those mechs in my matches. And that is just one PUG, if you had a team of 4 people you can radically shape the landscape of a match.

All my matches were played with the "ANY" filter, and by only tracking teammates you don't have to worry about the influence you cause on the other team. Yes, you could essentially negate ECM mechs by doing a sync premade with only mediums and heavies, but that's not what I'm trying to show. Still, ~1 ECM mech a match from 30 matches worth of data (16% of 7 is 1.12) isn't what everyone on the boards claims it to be (at least in the PUG world, 8v8 is another beast all together).

#37 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Ran 11 matches solo in my 6srm6 cat (was supposed to be 10, but I miscounted). Raw data in this google docs spreadsheet. I was just making tickmarks on paper through match 4 until I decided I ought to do it more systematically, so match 1-4 stats are lumped together. This was from about 3 - 4:30 eastern standard time this afternoon. Played on 'any', even though I don't like conquest much.

Notable stats:
18% light mechs
21% medium mechs
25% heavy mechs
36% assault mechs

18% ECM carriers
16% trial mechs (upper limit, I know there was at least one customized centurion-D, and it's not like the stalker 3F is an unpopular mech to buy.)
Only 2 (2.6%) hero mechs

Atlases, by themselves, made up 18% of all mechs seen. Stalkers were another 14%. There were only 2 awesomes and, surprisingly, only 2 commandos.

#38 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

So other than the heavies being lower in your trials, you've more or less confirmed what we saw in mine and soarra.

~15% trial and ECM, tons of assaults, and little lights and mediums.

Thanks for your help! I'm off tomorrow so i'll be running more trials and I'll probably compile all the data.

#39 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

So other than the heavies being lower in your trials, you've more or less confirmed what we saw in mine and soarra.

~15% trial and ECM, tons of assaults, and little lights and mediums.

Thanks for your help! I'm off tomorrow so i'll be running more trials and I'll probably compile all the data.

seems to be close with all of us so far.. ill be on tomorrow hopefully pull some more numbers. good work guys

#40 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Next 10 matches
Ecm 16%
only noticed a couple trials. wish they would mark them with a T.
16% lights
19% mediums
22% heavy
42% assault

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users