Ask The Devs 29A - Answers!

286 replies to this topic

#281 stoneyman

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

I have a question or 2 is there any plans to add more maps? I also wanted to know if we will see the Warhammer and the Battlemaster mechs any time soon? I had an thought how bout making the 1st win of the day 2x exps and $$ sorta like what world of tanks does! and lastly the c-bills that we get from each battle is WAY to low when i started beta it was about 300k c-bills for a lose and I noticed now its only like 23k a lose. again my thought would be maybe take the 300k for a win and 125k'ish for a lose? but other than that. this is turning out to be a GREAT game. keep up the good work

#282 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

What's that? Keep promises? Maintain schedules?

Listen, I don't know what kind of world you think we're living in, but it's all about money. Speaking to the little people takes the Devs away from important things that they could be doing instead, and things like promises and schedules are really only guidelines when they are dealing with people of lower status than themselves. Maybe they'll see fit to give the players some of their precious time, and maybe not. It all depends on if it conflicts with their tennis appointments or new boat (thanks for your support, serfs, the new boat is great!).

So, I don't see why anyone is shocked. This is business as usual. How else did you expect a company to act?

#283 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Who's shocked? That's exactly what I was expecting.

#284 Starfish McGregor

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

The ECM used in MWO is an almost exact description and function of how ECM works on table top.
It was designed to disrupt enemy communications and targeting features.
The only exception I note is that in MWO, it disrupts the actual target lock for missiles, which is not a feature in table top.
It is designed to disrupt the following:

Other ECM
Narc
Artemis
Streak
TAG
Enemy Communications (not a factor in table top, but the description states that it does do so)

Any such system passing through the 180 meter radius of the ECM field is disrupted.
If any fix is needed, it should be the removal of the actual missile lock disruption.

Edited by Starfish McGregor, 22 January 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#285 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Angel ECM comes out in like seven years (right?, maybe five), it lets SSRMs function as SRMs, and it doesn't do a thing to LRMs, how is that similar? We have guardian ECM right now, but its super powered.

#286 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

I stopped playing this game after I realised the devs are not trying very hard to make it a fun experience for everyone.

No matter how many times, how money months and money we give them they can never answere a damn simple question. Like how about when will the game look more complete? What stage are they in for the final build?
when do we get the full game?
Why do we have to spend outrageous amount of money for single items in the game when we should get a full package?
Why no chance for like a single player experience? ECM? ruined the game for me, just not fun when half the team are using it. When will we see destructable enviroments?

None of these questions that have burned everyone will likely ever truly be answered. It's why I have given up on the game, it's boring too slow paced not enough options, too few mechs and if you want them, pay up or spend hours and hours, which I dont have because I have a life for!

I want a game I can turn on and play for a while and still achieve something. cant do that with this game. I really wish they would have made a single/co op game with mp on the side. Most other games do this very well, so why cant they do it? Is this such a tiny team that it takes years to make this game? I dont remember any other game being in this beta state for so long. They hyped the crap out of it at first and now you hardly ever see any news about anything interesting.

Sorry for the rant, just fed up with this game, haven't played it in almost a month now.

#287 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Honestly I think everyone should just boycott the **** out of their ****** joke of a mechwarrior game. Boycott until we get the answers we want and if we dont we just dont play it anymore and get our money back or just abandon the game.

I've been doing this for a while now. tired of the huge lack of respect and progress in this boring game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users