How much will you spend on MWO?

146 replies to this topic

Poll: How much will you spend? (per month) (404 member(s) have cast votes)

How much money will you spend on MWO per month?

1. None. (28 votes [6.93%])

Percentage of vote: 6.93%

2. $10 (59 votes [14.60%])

Percentage of vote: 14.60%

3. $20 (68 votes [16.83%])

Percentage of vote: 16.83%

4. $30 (31 votes [7.67%])

Percentage of vote: 7.67%

5. $40 (10 votes [2.48%])

Percentage of vote: 2.48%

6. $50 (20 votes [4.95%])

Percentage of vote: 4.95%

7. $60 - $100 (89 votes [22.03%])

Percentage of vote: 22.03%

8. $100+. I am a high roller! (99 votes [24.50%])

Percentage of vote: 24.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Squidhead Jax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

I voted $20, but it really depends on what's in the store. If the store's overrun with performance boosts, then I walk away. Shortcuts rather than otherwise-unattainable performance boosts, as long as everyone gets to the same plateau in time, I generally don't buy but they don't drive me away. Purely unit-customization stuff, and unlockable 'mechs (as long as they're roughly balanced)... yeah, just take my wallet.

#62 MechRaccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn a dumpster. A walking, nuclear powered, space dumpster with lasers on it.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

I don't know how much money I will spend, but if MWO is a good game, God only knows how much money I will actually use.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by MechRaccoon, 25 May 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#63 BossRigs

Dezgra

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

Simply put. A LOT!

LOL

We have spent about $10K so far for the two main showroom rigs and it will be quickly escalating. If anyone needs any we have extra EVGA GTX Video Cards, I know how scare they can be we are not making any money on them just letting them go to fellow pilots for cost. We are one of the largest EVGA dealers in the States.

Okay so we have 4 of these in each rig (waiting for 4 690's from EVGA) as we had to sell ours =(

Posted Image
IMG_20120510_143311 by StudioSpeed, on Flickr

I was offered $3000 for my personal two 690's and had to take that offer:

Posted Image
IMG_20120517_071531 by StudioSpeed, on Flickr

Running 3770K's in each and waiting for our Z77 FTW's from EVGA so using Sabers for now:

Posted Image
IMG_20120518_170004 by StudioSpeed, on Flickr

Waiting for a lot of other parts to arrive but we have as we are the only BenQ Dealer that we know of we will three BenQ XL 24's on each rig for a total of six, I think that equals what? $2400ish our price =/

Posted Image
IMG_20120525_083205 by StudioSpeed, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMG_20120513_193631 by StudioSpeed, on Flickr

So yeah, let's just say that whatever we spend per month on this awesome sim, you can bet it will pail in comparison to how much we spent initially.

We are going to be very active on here now that we are getting all cyls firing properly companywise. And now that we are going to start doing some awesome Vids.

Like I was saying on Facebook earlier, we have been waiting half our lives for this game (or whatever it feels like half our life haha), and now not only is the tech able to finally deliver on our aspirations for this game, but also my bank account can finally allow for me to be able to use the tech.

We will have a lot of extra pieces of hard to find hardware like 670's, 680's, BenQ's (IMO the BEST GAMING Monitor EVER), Z77 FTW MoBo's, Etc and if you guys need ANYTHING just let us know and we PROMISE you that there will be not a single penny made on any of these parts that we sell you. We started this company to help all of us out and to grow this, and we want only to give back. We know how hard it is to find good parts and how hard it is to get good pricing on hard to find parts but we are lucky enough to finally be in a position to help out you guys.

We are so stoked for this launched I get goosebumps and chills when I think of it. All of us here at BossRigs are super stoked about this.

Sorry to digress and please everyone of you like our community page if you can we really need your guys' support on the facebook/twitter stuff. I just really thought that there is no better place that we should finally share our excitement with everyone.

Happy Hunting to everyone of you guys!! Even if that might mean I must perish in battle to grant it so =)

Posted Image
IMG_20120510_105838 by StudioSpeed, on Flickr

#64 Nevoeiro

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

I just ask for as many different ways of payment as possible, for every country.
I don't mind to pay $10 or even 20 ocasionally to get some cool skins and the like.

#65 Aerik Lornes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationAlshain , December 31st, 3078

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

While likely to spend only $10 a month, I'll probably be getting $60 founder's packages for the wife and I.

#66 Buddah

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMyers' Farm Retirement Home

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostXavierX, on 25 May 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

There's a monumental difference between cosmetic things and just outright buying C-bills with cash (which is fine) and having an edge via real money only mechs, modules and weapons etc... I'm with you if it's the latter. I can't stand playing World of Tanks because of it. But other games, like Tribes: Ascend, League of Legends and the upcoming Planetside 2 are finding ways to monetize without impacting the actual combat. There's nothing wrong with taking a shortcut through the grind. That comes with the F2P territory. If anything, you should encourage people to support the game and pilot mechs they have no idea how to use. You put in the hours on a chassis, they had it gifted to them. Who do you think is going to do better? Camo and decals don't deflect lasers.

Well said Xavier!

#67 The Smith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSubject to change without notice.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I could easily spend $100 or more. I mean I built a $2000 PC for this game, so what's another $100?

#68 Outlaw2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIn a van...

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Voting $100+ will indeed guarantee you into beta.

#69 CrescentHawk

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Its hard to say how much I will be spending per month since I don't know what I will be able to buy nor how much it will cost. That being said I will be doing the $60 founders program and if there are things worth buying I will be buying them. I would love to pilot Yen Lo Wang especially after the clan invasion starts and it gets the post Outreach rework.

#70 PowerKill Necron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 318 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

Depends on the services offered. I will most likely have a premium account, a la WOT, but other than that I will have to wait and see what stuff there is to spend money on.

#71 Orimura Ichika

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationeast usa

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

it may sounds liek am cheap but am mostly gnna spend on promos... :)

#72 Warskull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

The only accurate answer is "We'll see", it depends on too much to guess.

#73 Angus

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAlexandria La.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'm sure it depends on the exchange rate for dollars to c-bills/ Mech cash or what ever you call it1:1 I wont spend much 1:1,000,000,000 I'll spend quiet a lot. so what is the exchange rate?

#74 Punisher 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

The initial founders fee and thats about it unless the game is crazy amazing and theres lots of content.

#75 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

I don't know.
I think I'll buy something, not sure what all that is going to be yet and how much it costs.

#76 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

By buying the Elite Package, I have 80$ of in-game money to spend. This should last until 3052, since I am pretty smart with money.

#77 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

The $60 elite package for sure, but I'm not really interested in micro transactions as a general rule.

HOWEVER

Like most people on the forums, I've been waiting what seems like FOREVER for this game. I don't need micro transactions, but if they put a donations tab or set up some kind of monthly fee based package, I will gladly throw money at them on a monthly basis. I try very hard to support the things I exceptionally enjoy, and the mechwarrior series has always been fairly high on that list :)

#78 No Eyes

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

If this game meets my expectations, I'll be spending 'FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE ALL MY MONEY!' on it.

#79 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Let me just say this: Playing MPBT and the relationships and fun I had there is a experience I treasure to this day. Given that, and given that sooo many folks from that era have popped there heads back in to do this again... I'm willing to spend whatever it takes to make this game a success. Speaking as an ex-game design lead myself, I believe the guys in the PG have that rare vision and passion for their chosen property, and the will to make it as good as possible. They're making the game design decisions I hope that I would make were I in their place.

We have something rare and valuable here, guys. I can't emphasize this enough. it isn't often that you see passion like this actually become a reality.

#80 SydeSwype

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

not paying monthly but will get the elite founders pack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users