7 replies to this topic

#1 RobarGK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

I just played an assault match where, about 30 seconds in (I ran of scouting so I didn't see any details, our team killed one of our team members. What was odd was that there was none of the usual explanation messages, and it appeared on the scoreboard as a kill in our favor. Is this a bug or is there a situation where this makes sense?

#2 Protoculture

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostRobarGK, on 21 January 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

I just played an assault match where, about 30 seconds in (I ran of scouting so I didn't see any details, our team killed one of our team members. What was odd was that there was none of the usual explanation messages, and it appeared on the scoreboard as a kill in our favor. Is this a bug or is there a situation where this makes sense?

Old bug from Closed Beta, I've never seen it myself, but there are reports that sometimes 1 random unlucky guy on your team will be counted as an enemy player so they usually die in seconds at the start of the match.

#3 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

based on the details you give being correct and not misread in some way; that would be bug, there are a few known issues around victory conditions / awards etc.

#4 RobarGK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

OK. Thanks for the quick responses.

#5 RainbowToh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 753 posts
  • LocationLittle Red Dot, SouthEastAsia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

OHOHOH I had this bug before which everyone, both my team and the opposite team were my enemy, ala they all show up as 'red' mechs. And that was before the 'Q' function, even so in the heat of batlle there is no time to check the player name of the mech LOL. It happen to me once only, lol was it crazy! I think i ran away and hid in one corner, lest i deal friendly fire to my teammates haha

#6 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

That was not a bug, it was an attempt at behavioral response technology and was to be a feature included with the game. Obviously it was not very popular and was subsequently removed. In essence if you were feeling like Rambo you would be able to take on all players in a particular match, your mech would automatically be upgraded with triple strength myomer and a very large belt fed autocannon. :D

Edited by Kensaisama, 21 January 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#7 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostProtoculture, on 21 January 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Old bug from Closed Beta, I've never seen it myself, but there are reports that sometimes 1 random unlucky guy on your team will be counted as an enemy player so they usually die in seconds at the start of the match.

Old bugs are rearing their ugly faces again? Meh..

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 21 January 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#8 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 21 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Old bugs are rearing their ugly faces again? Meh..

No, PGI is just offering up random chances at beta testing their new Solaris ruleset.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users