Phase 3 Matchmaking?

37 replies to this topic

#21 Pihb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostErik Jast, on 23 January 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Pihb, how does PGI balls feel on your chin?

That's it? You have nothing better? Common, at least try to insult me. I can see why you are a bitter whiny little *****. You don't even try.

#22 Virtusx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I know in the command chair they mentioned they found a bug about rear armor and I believe implied that they wanted to make sure the changes that they wanted to make on weapons still worked after it was fixed.

This has nothing to do with fanboi but understanding things change and when they do they PGI makes a decision to change or go with what they have.

Am I happy with certain things, no I am not but until it becomes unfun I will continue to play.

#23 Congzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostErik Jast, on 23 January 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Well, there was a Q&A about how they were feeling ******** about people saying mean things. So I had thought they would pick up their game so people would start saying nice things. People say mean things for a reason.

You seriously need to just go play Hawken or something.

#24 jshill78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostErik Jast, on 23 January 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's sad how people accept **** poor quality these days. Usually when a product is lacking quality, people will complain. Nowadays, you have some people slurping away at whatever PGI gives them thinking it's some god's gift. Sadly it's idiots like these who causes game quality to drop.

It's FREE. How can you be disappointed in something that you were given free access to? Do you complain about the poor quality of a free hotdog someone gave you?

You have every right to withhold your money from the developer if you would like. Complaining about the progress of a game in development that you haven't contributed to... that's just whining.

#25 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostErik Jast, on 23 January 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's sad how people accept **** poor quality these days. Usually when a product is lacking quality, people will complain. Nowadays, you have some people slurping away at whatever PGI gives them thinking it's some god's gift. Sadly it's idiots like these who causes game quality to drop.

It's depressing how much effort and emotion people put into things silly things these days. Usually when something is actually worth being upset about, people will complain. Nowadays you have people just sling vitriol willy nilly thinking that it doesn't devalue legitimate criticism and act like they actually have something to say. Sadly it's ****** like that that make intellectual discourse on the internet a near impossibility.

Calibrate yourselves for the good of all.

#26 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Progress is slow, but at least there is progress.

I guess if they could work faster, they would. But they only have one trained monkey to do all the coding stuff, sooo...

#27 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostPihb, on 23 January 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

That's it? You have nothing better? Common, at least try to insult me. I can see why you are a bitter whiny little *****. You don't even try.

To properly insult someone you have to have some class or it just comes out as trash.

#28 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 23 January 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

To properly insult someone you have to have some class or it just comes out as trash.

Agreed it should also be clever and potentially leave the subject unaware they were insulted so they can later feel even dumber when it is pointed out to them. Meta insults, it's the only way to go.

#29 Karl Berg

Technical Director

• 497 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Phase 3 work is almost complete, and is currently undergoing a test cycle to bring it up to production quality. It's a fairly significant set of changes, and we don't want to launch it, find out that it crashes, and be forced to do a complete roll-back. Once it's totally approved it will enter stage testing for release to production.

#30 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostKarl Berg, on 23 January 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Phase 3 work is almost complete, and is currently undergoing a test cycle to bring it up to production quality. It's a fairly significant set of changes, and we don't want to launch it, find out that it crashes, and be forced to do a complete roll-back. Once it's totally approved it will enter stage testing for release to production.

Thanks for the update Karl! We appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

#31 Pihb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thank you for the update.

#32 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

According to one of our guys in the german community, who was talking to two of the devs yesterday, matchmaking phase 3 is scheduled for march!

#33 SlXSlXSlX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Finally.... one for the good guys. Throw a rough eta on that, and we are talking turkey.

#34 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostErik Jast, on 23 January 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Well, there was a Q&A about how they were feeling ******** about people saying mean things. So I had thought they would pick up their game so people would start saying nice things. People say mean things for a reason.

Actually, I'd hire thick skinned people to sort through the whiney name calling BS and pass on only the important stuff... Oh wait B). Working as intended.

#35 Elandyll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 23 January 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Pfft I've paid over $300.00 and I'm happy with the patch notes. People complain if they are too big now they are to small when its all bug fixes. C'mon. If MM isn't ready it Isn't ready.

Wow, you've paid 5x AAA game amount (@ $60 a piece) for a FREE TO PLAY game that is still "in Beta", has 4 maps, a dozen Mechs, is bugged to the nose with basic things not registering (Netcode, collisions...), and whose developpers can't keep to a basic timetable?

This is freaking hilarious man, but I guess you just have that much money to throw away to begin with B)
More power to ya!

P.S: The only problem being that with people like you (agian, if you're having fun, good for you), PGI doesn't really feel the pressure to improve...
As for me, it's really the lack of alternatives that keep me in, not the performances of PGI as a dev, that's for sure.

Edited by Elandyll, 23 January 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#36 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Patience.

#37 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostElandyll, on 23 January 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Wow, you've paid 5x AAA game amount (@ $60 a piece) for a game that is still "in Beta", has 4 maps, a dozen Mechs, is bugged to the nose with basoc things not registering (Netcode, collisions...), and whose developpers can't keep to a basic timetable?

This is freaking hilarious man, but I guess you just have too much money to begin with B)
More power to ya!

I dunno i'm clocking in around $200ish at this point for something I get enjoyment out of and spend an average of 15-20 hours a week on. Quite frankly with a low ball estimate of 10 hours a week that is 40 hours a month since about august of last year... roughly 6 months and 40 hours a month is 240 hours. Assuming I have spent less than $240, which i believe i have, I am at less than $1 an hour. I feel pretty good about that considering i haven't even gotten the full benefit of the money I've spent (still have MC left over)

Honestly you can talk about all of the bugs, and personal issues, you want but if it's a good time it's a good time. For me my investment is cheap at twice the price if you consider what it would have cost me in other games if i wasn't playing MWO for the amount of time i've spent in MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users