#1 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hey,
I thought i just leave these two MADs here.
Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Reno Blade, 21 October 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

while lacking the ferocious grace of the classic MiffedKitty... but frikkin nice... you just inspired me to monkey around teh MAD....

#3 Martini Henrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationNottingham UK

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Those are the best MWO versions of the mechs I have seen so far. Nice job!

(Am not saying the others are bad, they're not)

#4 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Thank you! I appreciate it.

#5 1stBEAST

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

really good try, but i think the arm pods will be bit smaller and the arms as a whole a little bit more to the rear directly under the missile pods(as you might know they normally sitting directly on the kitty´s shoulders)

#6 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

I really like that Marauder (I've seen other MADs kitbashed from the Catapult and Cataphract in the past as well here). Change the cocpit so it doesn't look quite so much like a Catapult, perhaps move the shoulders forward a bit on the torso and perhaps make the arms jut foward a bit more rather than hang straight down like the MadCat since the Marauder's arms always tended to reach out in front of the nose rather than hang down by the sides, giving the mech more of that aggressive "ready to pounce" Marauder stance.

Still, I'd pilot that thing as is if that ended up being the Marauder we'd get.

#7 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

View Post1stBEAST, on 04 February 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

really good try, but i think the arm pods will be bit smaller and the arms as a whole a little bit more to the rear directly under the missile pods(as you might know they normally sitting directly on the kitty´s shoulders)

I like this better its more balanced. arms cant be used for shild so its easier to core him. its a bit to much to have the ears and arm to use as a shield. Also hard to use those arms u have to expose all the body to shot them like the Atlas vs stalker hardpoints and those thick arms looks really bad as sss nice job well done.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 04 February 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

I really like that Marauder (I've seen other MADs kitbashed from the Catapult and Cataphract in the past as well here). Change the cocpit so it doesn't look quite so much like a Catapult, perhaps move the shoulders forward a bit on the torso and perhaps make the arms jut foward a bit more rather than hang straight down like the MadCat since the Marauder's arms always tended to reach out in front of the nose rather than hang down by the sides, giving the mech more of that aggressive "ready to pounce" Marauder stance.

Still, I'd pilot that thing as is if that ended up being the Marauder we'd get.

I think.. along with you critique... the "torso" needs to be maybe 10% smaller, since the Mad always had long legs, to give it that high and lean look. Something was bugging me on this one.... and I just realized that it looks a LOT like the Supernova Mech from MW3. Still pretty cool, but just a little off.

The other thing I would say is tho mount the dorsal gun a little higher (the linkage was always a noted weak point in canon) and use one of the more "ac" pods, like the Dragons to differentiate it.

For the Madcat, I would probably "slim" the Launchers a little and use the torso from the K2, since the MadCat Prime has the Machine gun mounts.. And maybe slim the arms a little. Upper arms in particular, even though it makes them more "vulnerable" it would just look more traditional.

Still, cool stuff man.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 February 2013 - 05:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users