181 replies to this topic

#181 Sirous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 368 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

I like the new scoreboards and end of match summary.

Though would like to see total damage taken on either player summary or end of round scoreboard. Also a breakdown of all mechs final conditions tab, go to it and see how everyone fared where they got hit or not hit, and a salvage breakdown.

All in all though it seems much more in line with the newer games of today and the look we expect out of them.

#182 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

The end of round screen should stay up for as long as there are players still connected subject to some timeout (30 minutes).

I'm not sure if it's been suggested yet among these posts but I'm going to suggest it anyway. I think the end of round screen should stay
up for as long as there are players still connected. Now clearly this means that you should release as many resources as you can after the actual shooting has stopped, e.g. players mechs so that they can disconnect if they wish to play another game. You'll probably need some sort of timeout too, say 30 minutes.

However the end of round screen should be there for players if they need it to chat about the game for as long as they wish. This game generally does not do enough to pull players together. The end of round screen allows you to chat but it's so basic as to be useless. That screen should be the forum for the players who have just won against the odds/watched some hilarious set of events unfold/generally had a GG/whatever to chat, form a group, and carry on playing together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users