New Game Mode Aka Mw Ll Crysis Mod

10 replies to this topic

#1 Julian Tifflor

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

i stumbled upon this Crysis Mod yesterday on youtube...and felt like wow...
speachless...

If you watch the video (dont mind the music or turn sound off for those dont liking it) it was pure awesome.

A giant map...with several bases to capture and defend. Mechs, tanks...elementals and even aerospace fighters.

A pretty easy system behind it...you start with some basic credits and purchase a mech/tank or air fighter with the credits...thhen earn credits for capture bases or damaging and defeating enemies.

at some bases you can repair/restock ammo for credits...at some even eject your vehicle and purchase something different or better. respawns after death included...

this would make an awesome mode to play for those prefering longer matchs. there could be even a mode for custom or plain stock versions of mechs.

i know this needs a lot of thinking how to do it...how much you earn and what the costs would be for a mech/tank etc but just the idea of a longer match with more strategic elements behind it is pure awesome.

your thoughts about it?

oh btw...they have a day/night cycle...and...their nightvision and thermal vision at least looks good^^

Edited by Julian Tifflor, 14 February 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#2 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I think it's a great idea. Having Tank & aerospace call in's that can be shot at by mechs to stop them as they fly in = epic. MW:LL just goes to show what free dev teams can do when they have passion and lots of time ;)

#3 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

... Watched the video for 14 minutes....I miss playing MWO already....

Respawning mechs and I... not a huge fan

#4 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

That "Crysis Mod" is MW:LL. MW:LL is a closed shop. The best contributors to MW:LL have been offered positions working on MW:O.

MW:O plans to have aerospace support via modules.

#5 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

MW:LL is not dead.

#6 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostHavok1978, on 14 February 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

It is no longer being updated, that in a mod community is dead.

#7 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostNoth, on 14 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

It is no longer being updated, that in a mod community is dead.

So, you and every other MW:LL hater just like to trash the game. Oooo, its not being updated? Who cares, it still has better balanced equipment and much better designs for BT weapons, huge maps, and a pretty damn good 'Terrain Control' game mode.

There are still people playing the game, including me. That in a gaming community, means the game isn't dead.

Edited by General Taskeen, 14 February 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#8 Julian Tifflor

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

...i mean...thanks for reading and writing...but this thread wasnt to be about MW LL but more the ideas, vehicles and the terrain control mode which in my opinion would be very nice to have sometimes in the future.

only assaut and conquest and soon 5 maps just arent enough to keep people playing for a very long time. not even more mechs wont change that.

we need more modes to play...and at least 10 different maps. i dont count day/night as different maps...
especially when you have nice maps as river city night where you feel like being back in the 8-bit graphics time cause you use thermal vision all the time.

#9 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 14 February 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

So, you and every other MW:LL hater just like to trash the game. Oooo, its not being updated? Who cares, it still has better balanced equipment and much better designs for BT weapons, huge maps, and a pretty damn good 'Terrain Control' game mode.

There are still people playing the game, including me. That in a gaming community, means the game isn't dead.

I never bashed MWLL. I just said that it is technically dead. and I wouldn't call 50 players on the severs a community either.

Edited by Noth, 15 February 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#10 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostHavok1978, on 14 February 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Please note the difference between "closed shop" which I said, and "dead" with great distinction.

#11 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 14 February 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

MW:LL just goes to show what free dev teams can do when they have passion and lots of time :)

Not to take anything away from that Dev team, but "what free Dev teams can do when they have passion, a million lines of code and assets already in place, and lots of time"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users