Tbt-7M. Finally Elite

7 replies to this topic

#1 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

It only took me a lazy days playing to get through the 7K and 5J, but it felt like it took forever. The 7K is a fine 'Mech with tons of potential that I would love to further explore. The 5J on the other hand, is just a 7M with lasers. I though I would enjoy it, but in the current state of netcode flux, MLs are tripe against anything moving faster than 130kmh. (Usually) I don't feel like it has enough potential for further use, and I'll probably be nabbing a 3C for testing instead.

Overall, the 7M is by far my favorite of the three, though the 7K is definitely a fun support mech. I highly recommend either, though I would personally give the 5J a miss. JJs are great, but it is far too polarized.

#2 Wanderfalke NK

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

3c with 130kph combined with 45 Firepower is also one hell of a ride :)

#3 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

That's what I figured. Especially now that I have elite, it is looking pretty tempting.

#4 Bashars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hmmmm this is what I was looking for, thats why I was in this part of the forums.

I have the 7m with basics unlocked and about 15k+ waiting for elite. I just got done with the basics on the 5N and was looking at either the 5J or the 7K. Sounds like the 7k is the way to go.

My 7m has 3 ssrms and 3mpl with anti. The 5n had 2 er ppc and 2 srm6's. The 5J looks nice with the jump jets but only has one missile slot and I dont really like running lrm's. With my 7m I can jump over people and still hit them with ssrm's (got to love the target system with streaks).

So looks like my 3rd will be a 7k. What setup did you find worked the best?

#5 urmamasllama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

i came to the same conclusions after getting the exact same three now that i got them into the elite tree i can use my 4sp to get the 7m and 7k to master i am considering the 3c though

#6 Sir Fuzzy

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I bought the 7M first and love it of course. I decided to save up for the 3c as my second Treb and will be getting the K as my last. I know the 3C is way over priced but I am new to game and wanted the 300xl engine anyways. Subtract the cost of the engine from the 3C and like like 3.5 mil, plus I may want to turn it into a med scout mech someday. The J doesn't really seem to have anything going for it compared to the 7M. The 5N is quite a bit better than the 3C with its extra rotation but I don't see myself ever using it over the 7M. So basically, the 3 Trebs I see having semi unique roles are the 7M (JJ murder), the 7K (ballistic support), and the 3c (scout).

#7 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

My 7K build was this:

XL325 (I used the same engine for every mech to save cb)
Endo
STD Armor (39 legs all else maxed.)

AC/2
2ML
2SRM4+Artemis. (This results in two bursts of four missles with an incredibly tiny wander factor. The RA launcher on this mech is godly for accurate srm fire.)

#8 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users