What Has Been Going On Guys?

13 replies to this topic

#1 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

I've been gone for over half a year. What's been going on guys?

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

The usual... the endless wheel of PGI screwing up, having forums aflame, PGI fixing it with a lot of good things just to break it with another stupid decision hasn't stopped yet.

We enjoyed a cameo of MW4, for instance, when all you could do was to poptart, for instance.

Orion was pushed away without showing the art for Quickdraw first and setting off an avalanche of hate towards them.

ECM got nerfed even harder.

Seismic bacame the new anti-christ after the ECM took the backseat (legal wallhack).

And currently we're in the middle of 3PV crisis....

#3 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

That sounds fairly negative :/

Any word on when international servers will be up?

#4 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostBenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, on 16 June 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Any word on when international servers will be up?

Not yet.

#5 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

We are getting a 3rd person view, 1st person will be labelled "hardcore" (no I'm not joking).

#6 Arcaist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

Just a hint: Don´t listen to the whiners, make up your mind on your own. Lotsa flamers at the forums, but even more ppl just playing the game and having fun

#7 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 17 June 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

We are getting a 3rd person view, 1st person will be labelled "hardcore" (no I'm not joking).

Wow really? I find that quite shocking.

Hmm. Well, I hope PGI announces international servers soon as I won't be investing a lot of time or money until that option becomes available.

#8 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostArcaist, on 17 June 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Just a hint: Don´t listen to the whiners, make up your mind on your own. Lotsa flamers at the forums, but even more ppl just playing the game and having fun

Just a hint. Don't listen to the PGI defense force, make up your own mind. Lot's of brown-nosers on the forum, but less and less people playing that game than ever before, and even more voicing their concern about NOT having fun in game on the forums.

#9 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

You missed LRMs having been balanced at the end of closed beta, get completly over powered with the introduction of artimes. Then fixed again with a slightly different but equally balancing change.

Then PGI changed how LRM flight patterns work, artimes, TAG, and Narc bonuses stack and effect missile groupings. Which completely broke them again. That created the third wave of nothing but LRMs that kill in just a few hits, was not effected by cover.

Then PGI nurfed the hell out of the damage causing them to be all but ignored. Then finally tweaked to were they are finding a good balance again.

Now PGI wants to created a tacked on heat spike tax to mechs that boat large energy weapons. Instead of just raising the heat stat back to original close beta levels.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 17 June 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#10 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 17 June 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Now PGI wants to created a tacked on heat spike tax to mechs that boat large energy weapons. Instead of just raising the heat stat back to original close beta levels.

I found that funny, cause I just noticed the NINE laser hunchback is on special sale with a 10% bump in earnings....but...in a few days or weeks, its going to be near useless, trololololol

OP. I've been at a while, tossing 6-10 bucks a week at the game sort like going to a movie, eating out etc. no more. Its still crazy fun, but...the whiners and the fanbois are getting the attention of those who change stuff and we're caught in the middle.

#11 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostBenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, on 16 June 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

I've been gone frying in a pan for over half a year. What's been going on guys?

Whaa....bacon has returned?

Posted Image

Mmmmm

EDIT: If you would actually like to know what has happened:

Spring of 2013 saw much upheaval in ForumWarrior Online. Some good, some bad, some strange. To familiarize yourself with what transpired over the last 6 months
-There were a series of forum rebellions, starting first with the addition of consumables to the game (they are meh, but coolant flush bunched up a ton of panties), then word that you would need premium time to be in a mercenary unit (later disproven), another 3rd person rampage (soon to be implemented), then MachinegunGate happened (they are finally buffing them to .1 damage per round).

-New mechs finally started appearing (the Victor and Quickdraw who was revealed and shaghai'd into service in less than a month)

-General Discussion was put down mercilessly a la Smoke Jaguar Turtle Bay destruction. Forums were expanded and rearranged. There is no single place where people hoarde on the forums. Instead the forums now feel like the Inner Sphere: everyone has their little niche where they reside

-Part of this forum expansion resulted in a place called Kaetetoa, where squawk happens, followed by Deep Periphery a few months later, where...stuff...happens.

-Metagame changes with each patch. I haven't played in awhile so it will be interesting to see where it went.

-Units are disbanding and falling apart as Community Warfare still seems horrendously fictional. I know many units have broken up, are looking to merge with others, or biding their time until this key feature is implemented.

-Contrary to popular belief, the sky is not falling on this game like people lamented it would for the last ten months.

Edited by Hawkeye 72, 19 June 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#12 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 17 June 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostThatDawg, on 19 June 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

I found that funny, cause I just noticed the NINE laser hunchback is on special sale with a 10% bump in earnings....but...in a few days or weeks, its going to be near useless, trololololol

yeah, now if you want to fire more than 6 MLs simultaneously, you'll have to fire the other ones 1/2 a second later. So, the 9ML Hunchback has to pull the trigger to fire 6ML, then pull the trigger again in 0.5 sec to fire the other 3 (while the first 6 beams are still burning). Basically, it's worthless now, because that 0.5 second gap between the clusters of ML shots is enough to take it form the brink of viability and throw it into the toilet. We all know that Swayback pilots are so poor at this game that adding a 0.5 second gap and changing your fire pattern from 9-at-once to 6-then-3 is enough to make the Mech worthless.

The same is going to happen with PPCs; if you Alpha with more than 3 PPCs they'll add a heat penalty and the penalty increases more for each additional PPC. There is no heat penalty if you fire 3 at a time, though, followed by more PPCs 0.5 seconds later.

No, there are no whiners on the forums.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 19 June 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#13 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 19 June 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

No, there are no whiners on the forums.

A little hostile PP.

Or PGI could put the heat back were it belongs on PPCs. 10/13 respectively for PPC/ER.

PGI could also change the auto **** down threshold. They could also implement heat effects such as speed penalties due to high heat. The penalty for firing 3 PPCs should be 30 heat, not 24 heat plus 10 more because we dont like you firing 3 PPCs.

I'm arguing against the idea because it's a needless addition to the system. Raising the heat generation on the individual weapons is tweaking the system already in place. Also lowering the heat of PPCs is on of the reason why people boat them so much.

Implementing a penalty/consequence for running a mech with high heat is established in the history of the game. It also works with building immersion for the game as well.

edit.
oh, I also dont use more than two PPCs on any of my mechs. However I do have mechs with more than six energy points. I don't want to have 10 extra heat dumped on me when I do need to use an alpha strike because i'm trying not to get blown up.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 19 June 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#14 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

seriously 3pv?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users