Cent Lrm Brawl Support?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dominoran

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

I've been having some decent runs with lrms equipped on the cn9 A and AL (not sure on D). When I run, I equip 20-25 lrms depending on the model, and a sizeable amount of lasers.

For my al I use 4 ml, 1 lrm10 and 1 lrm5 (artemis equipped), double heatsinks
For my a I use 2 ml, 2 lrm10 and 1 srm6, single heatsinks

I find that lrm support is pretty great. When engaging targets you fire only when you are sure you can land hits, like when you're on a level field or there's nowhere for them to hide out in the open. You can do pokes with lrms to get enemy attention. When you're close you opt to use your medium lasers or srms or at 270 range. That lrm impact is very effective when you are focus firing at medium ranges.

ECM doesn't seem to bother me as much. Either you're using your lasers to deter lights or out of their range and using that to fire vulnerable enemies. Plus it doesn't hurt when you have good team mates who do ecm jamming on your side as well.

Anyone else going back to LRMs on their CN9s?

Edited by Dominoran, 28 June 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#2 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

I drive one with 2 LRM15 + Atremis, TAG, BAP, AMS and 1 MedLaser. A nice one to play for me. :huh:

#3 Colby Boucher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostRevorn, on 28 June 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

I drive one with 2 LRM15 + Atremis, TAG, BAP, AMS and 1 MedLaser. A nice one to play for me. :(

The one thing about that build is that you would be much better off using a Trebuchet... the extra missile pod means that you don't have to worry about staying on target for nearly as long.

#4 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostColby Boucher, on 29 June 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

The one thing about that build is that you would be much better off using a Trebuchet... the extra missile pod means that you don't have to worry about staying on target for nearly as long.

Yes, you are right, but unfortunaly i dont have a Trebuchet and the OP asked for Cent-Builds.

#5 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

I run this build on my AL.

2x LLaz
2x MLaz
1x LRM10
1x LRM5
AMS
DHS
ES
STD 200
336 Armour
Sometime I swap the 2 LLaz for a PPC and upgrade the LRM5 to LRM10.
72kph top speed, so it doesn't make a great zombie.

Not really a LRMboat but a support build to maintain DPS pressure on enemy.
Able to contently deal damage to enemy with LRM when out of sight, and utilizing the arm weapon when I have line of sight.

#6 Dominoran

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Postxengk, on 01 July 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Not really a LRMboat but a support build to maintain DPS pressure on enemy.
Able to contently deal damage to enemy with LRM when out of sight, and utilizing the arm weapon when I have line of sight.

I think the part about constantly dealing damage to the enemy is a big plus. A full alpha with lrms is a sight to behold. It can crush a lot of heavy armor in the 270 range, especially in focus fire.

I have a build up for anyone to try.

CN9 LRM Support Build

The main draw of this build is 4 medium lasers for decent close range sustained damage, plus lrms 10+5 with 4 tons of ammo, an ams, a beagle active probe, a stock 250 engine and max armor.

You have great heat efficiency when using your medium lasers up close, when using the lrms to fire on enemies in 180-500/600 range, and alpha striking. You have decent speed to go back to your base or reach your comrades in need.

It is highly recommended to learn how to use lrms as close to minimum range as possible to enable successful hits.

This gives you a firepower rating of 36.5, which is a very large amount of damage in a short time. You can kill or maim open targets, especially their center torso and shoulders.

Your goal is to debilitate opponents with combined lrms and ml fire, lrm fire at a distance, or ml fire for a precise fire. Your extra punch is what is needed for a brawl to become a massacre.

Edited by Dominoran, 02 July 2013 - 12:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users