Thrustmaster Afterburner 2 Throttle

3 replies to this topic

#1 Draevor

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hi, I have search on the forum, but I can't find the information so I ask for help. I use a throttle from an afterburner joystick from logitech ( the old one before the HOTAS), it's great but the throttle have differrent reference for is position than the middle zone of the axis for stop. I explain, the throttle have in mwo a neutral position at middle of the throttle and it's work perfectly, but my throttle have a neutral pos a 10% of the axis and an another one at 80% and I ask how put the neutral pos of the throttle at 10% so he match the pos of my throttle.
Thank for any reponse and sorry for my poor gramatical

#2 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

Yeah, I have this stick and that is annoying.
FYI the proper word for these stops are "Detents".
If you open the stick up, it is possible to change them - there are some bits of plastic inside with holes in them - you could fill in the holes and make some new ones.
HOWEVER.
Be aware that the rudder on the throttle goes pretty damned quickly. I have 2 of them and have the same problem with both - if I hold the rudder full one side, then throw it quickly to the other side, the rudder does not register the change in direction. I have looked at the values coming out of the stick and I cannot fix this with software.
So long story short, if you are going to mod this stick (eg upgrade to hall effect sensors) then maybe worth it, but otherwise probably not.

#3 Draevor

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

thanx for your answer, I search more for a user.cfg command than a hardware mod but if I can't find anything I'll do it.

#4 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

I am able to write software to remap the axis, but the prototype I wrote showed it to be pointless.
I moved the neutral position ("Stop") to the bottom detent, and you have too little range of motion in the bottom half for reverse - there is not enough range of motion below that bottom detent to be able to accurately control reverse speed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users