Scroll Bar

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dovvol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

Not sure if or how many times this has been suggested, but how about getting a scroll bar in the chat box so we can look back to see what somebody said? At least during the end of round screen. Things get lost with everybody disconnecting at the end, so any kind of a convo you're trying to have gets lost quick.

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

Yes, there are several basic chat window functions missing. Scrolling, press&hold backspace......

#3 Dovvol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

You'd figure how basic these functions are, that they would have been in from the beginning. I think this is the first MMO I've played that doesn't have them.

#4 The Original Prankster

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

For crying out loud, Just Fix It Already! I admit I'm not a game developer, but it's a pretty important feature and yet it should've been both there from the start and a pretty simple thing to do... If you have to, create two different codes for it if you're using the same snip for lobbies and cockpit. Since the game engine info goes into the same feed, this really sucks.

And another thing... The ingame messages show for too short a time anyway and with this, it's really annoying in the long run. How difficult can it be to assign a variable for the messages and let users choose for how long they show if someone is annoyed by texts being there for too long? It's not a rare occation I miss out on important info because my eyes are fixated on my target and the damn messages only show for a few seconds.

I have a lot of praise too, but I'll let my euros do the talking there.

Edited by HollowPoint, 10 October 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#5 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

Ah, yes, indeed! Thank you, Dovvol, for bringing it up. Very true. So here's my voice to join the choir:

We want a scroll bar in the in-game chat, please!

P.S. I noticed there _is_ a scroll bar in the chat when not dropped, - in the social tab. It is just that in-game chat does not have it. Very strange, considering it's very same-looking chats!

P.P.S. If UI 2.0 comes out without in-game scroll chat, i'll write to Guinnes record book with a proposition to give MWO UI 2.0 the title of worst "advanced" UI ever. Promise, i'll do! :(

Edited by FinsT, 11 October 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#6 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

I'd like a post game chat log too. See what was said during the match so you can find potential friends....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users