- - - - -

Weapons

4 replies to this topic

#1 Thejuggla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'm not really new to mwo or the series but i wasn't sure where to post.
I have a bit of confusion regarding a few weapon types, we have the UAC5 and the LBXAC10 but what about the missing calibiers? I tried to google the production dates on the missing weapons but couldn't find anything so is this time line related or some other reason?

#2 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

If it is a part of Battletech lore and not currently included it is related to timeline, which is currently set around 3050.

#3 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

UAC/5's and LBX 10's are years ahead of their fellow UAC/LBX variants. There is no problem here, lore wise the IS recovered them before the other variants.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

The current implementations of the current weapons are limited or in the case of UAC/5 fluff-breaking, but otherwise yes we have what we are supposed to.

What do you mean UAC/5s are fluff breaking?
Spoiler

We are missing some things which we should have.
The LB-10x is supposed to be able to switch between the scatter shot and the AC/10 rounds as slugs.
The AC/10 and other ACs are all supposed to be able to load special ammunitions.

Wait, you said what we have now is limited. What do you mean?
What we do not have, nor can we expect to have as soon as we might like as they are low priority and mainly to expand on both gameplay and on the community warfare aspect, are weapon variants. Choices of different versions of similar weapons.

For example there are at least 4 types of AC/2. There is an AC/20 that fires 100 bullets in the span of a single refire rate of regular AC/20s, which means in MWO it'd fire 100 bullets in 4 seconds, non-stop, with no cooldown. Of course that 100 bullets would deal a total of "20 damage" in 4 seconds and it's basically a 14 ton, heavy bore MG.

The AC/20 (Tomodzuru Autocannon Mount Type 20) that comes stock with the Hunchback 4G is supposed to shoot 4 shots of 5 damage in a rapid burst. Although the one in this MechCommander video uses a different AC/20 called the Defiance 'Mech Hunter which does a 5 shot burst of 4 damage each for less recoil.

Demonstration: AC/20 variants. Devastator (what we have now - listed as Howitzer in the video), Crusher Super Heavy Autocannon, and two test examples of the Chemjet Gun showcased within MWO through hardwork and macros.

General feedback.
Spoiler

Details! Includes a count of AC/2, AC/5, AC/10, and AC/20 variants, medium laser variants and gauss rifle variants!
Spoiler

If you find yourself bored I recently uploaded this. It's an hour long talk about weapon mechanics, variants, concepts, and balancing issues. To keep you entertained it's also me fighting and killing people while having absolutely no sound after the first match. Here, at the time index of 42 minutes, it talks about the AC/10, LB-10x, and then on for ammunition variants. (The weapon and ammo topic starts in the later middle of a repair and rearm discussion).

Now I only covered autocannons. We're also supposed to have different variants of lasers that work in different ways, different versions of SRMs, LRMs, and Streaks. A choice of flamers that work in different ways, and a choice of MGs with different perks. Gauss Rifles that work differently. PPCs of different variations. The upcoming Mortar mounts for the mechs. The list goes on.

Yay for information.

Edited by Koniving, 09 August 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

It's all timeline related. /thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users