Star Wars games

2 replies to this topic

#1 RL Nice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationA computer.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

As far as licensed games go, Star Wars has some decent entries, although it's probably because Star Wars has such a large Expanded Universe to draw from and thus game developers aren't limited to just basing their games on the films.

As far as I can tell, the big three game series based on Star Wars (in terms of success) are:

Knights of the Old Republic: Playing through this right now. With a developer like BioWare, I guess it's a given that this is a quality game. Not a big fan of the alien dialogue, though, because A) the game uses stock lines for every piece of dialogue and :lol: the spoken dialogue is usually longer than the text that shows up on the screen.

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight: Played through Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II a few years back. Got through most of it, but got stuck on the final boss. I'm giving it another try now, when I'm not playing Knights of the Old Republic (or maybe the other way around). I've played bits and pieces of the other games in the series, too, and I currently own all of them on Steam. I find it funny how each subsequent game gets more and more lightsaber focused.

X-Wing/TIE Fighter: I've played FreeSpace, and hearing that this is one of the premier series in the space-sim genre, I really want to try it out. I can't find a way to uninvert the mouse for the first game, though, so I guess I'll hold this series off until I find my old joystick. I tried downloading the demo for X-Wing Alliance, but the camera kept rolling when I launched it (not to mention that it's one of those demos that skips the main menu and launches straight into the game).

#2 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

SW is one of my favorite genres and I like MMOs so my hands down favorite was Galaxies *before* it was skull raped by Sony. Since then, Ive really not even bothered with SW games because they dont measure up. Plus Ive been pouring my interest in to MW.

#3 Imagine Dragons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationLV-223

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

I'm annoyed at the lack of... games based off the events after RotJ aka the Expanded Universe (mostly novels)... I mean it almost seems like there is a miasma with dealing with the Expanded Universe...

Maybe because Chewie gets crushed by a moon...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users