- - - - -

Looking For A Mentor !

9 replies to this topic

#1 Te Prowler

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to be a mentor for me? I have just started the game and would like some training to get me from noob to good. Im 16, Male and Scottish and go to High school so it would be any time after 5 pm I could play. If you're intrested reply to this thread and give reasons why you want to train me so I can add you to my friends list in game etc.

Requirements
  • English speaking.
  • Im Brittish (Scottish) so has to follow GMT.
  • I have no mic so you have to read text chat.
  • patient and willing to train me.

With Regards Te Prowler (Adam) :(

#2 Greyrook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

I don't think there's a whole lot that can be taught in the game besides logistical things like efficient builds, and those you can find in the guides sections. A lot of the game is getting used to the movement system and getting the hang of the controls, the rest comes down to team tactics which you can find by installing teamspeak and hopping on a server; there are several public ones such as the NGNG and MWO might have their own still although it's been a while since I've been.

#3 Heat Seeking Civet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 138 posts
  • LocationEverywhere you want to be

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

House-marik.net.

Join up, there are tons of people there (especially on their TS server) who would love to teach a new recruit the ropes.

Edit: Apparently the Re-direct has broken for the website. Click the link in the bottom of Greyrook's signature above me. It's the same website.

Edited by ForestGnome, 27 August 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#4 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Hey man,

The best thing you can do is get yourself a headset, download TeamSpeak, and join one of the many guilds. Even if you can't get a headset and have to resort to typing, it's going to be easier for someone to train you if they can speak to you.

Also, one of the best things you can do is, after you've died in-game, find a teammate who is piloting a 'Mech you're interested in and spectate them. Don't quit out of games at all - always spectate.

Lastly, peruse the forums, because there are a TON of guides for new players to teach them the basics of virtually any style of play.

#5 Heat Seeking Civet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 138 posts
  • LocationEverywhere you want to be

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Haha, i love how it's always House Marik to reply in this forum!

#6 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Huh - that's weird - I've always been a "lone wolf." Must be a bug with the website.

#7 StarGeezer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY, USA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 27 August 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Huh - that's weird - I've always been a "lone wolf." Must be a bug with the website.

It is. I reported it last night on the Support & Feedback forum. I've changed mine back about 4 times now. I've gone from Steiner to Kurita to Marik, all without having touched the faction select. #sigh

#8 Piney II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Same here. Now I'm suddenly Marik.

#9 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

It did the same to me: just go to "profile" and switch it back.

As for the newbie? What everyone else said: get teamspeak and join a group. Steiner's fun (or I like them).

If you want, add me in the game and if we're on at the same time, I'll do some drops with you (with or without teamspeak).

#10 Itsalrightwithme

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 391 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA, USA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Yes it was. Had to change mine back from Marik to LoneWolf/Merc. Yet another bug, thanks PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users