Fullscreen Won't Work?

4 replies to this topic

#1 MinMax

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm new to MWO, I logged into the game for the first time and by default it was in window mode (no idea what something like that is doing as default setting...). So I went into options to find a setting to change it, sure enough there were 3 options for window mode, full window mode and fullscreen. Window mode is as it sounds, full window mode is a large variation, and fullscreen option doesn't do anything and stays the same size as full window mode. Why is that?

Is that something on my end? Is anyone else getting this? I find window mode to be an appaling disgrace to gaming, and can't even bear to try the game out further until I find a way to fullscreen it and have it work. I understand some people may want that, so I don't understand why it isn't optional and default is fullscreen, but that's another story.

Is there any way I can fix this problem? Maybe someone has found a solution? Please let me know, I really want to try MWO, but until this issue is solved that's not happening.

#2 Northbane

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, I have the same problem. The option for fullscreen doesn't do anything. You can solve it by pressing alt+enter to force it to fullscreen but I hope they fix this soon, it's kinda annoying.

#3 Dragoon20005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

fresh install hmm

have you guys tried the MWO repairkit?

the patch files or the default configurations might been corrupted during the patching

#4 Northbane

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostDragoon20005, on 28 August 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

fresh install hmm

have you guys tried the MWO repairkit?

the patch files or the default configurations might been corrupted during the patching

Yupp, tried both re-installing and the repair tool. Doesn't work.

EDIT: I also noticed that the resolution won't stick. I have selected 1920x1080 but it's still in 1280x720. I almost got it to work when I changed it manually in the system.cfg. After I did that it started in fullscreen but as soon as it logged in it went to windowed again. Atleast it's in 1920x1080 now.

Edited by Northbane, 29 August 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#5 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

The UI1.0 is currently only windowed mode and a small one at that, UI2.0 is suppose to fix this. When you enter a match is when the 3 options for window mode, full window mode and full screen will take affect, same with resolution. also ensure that you are running MWO with admin rites if your running win7.

Edited by Shamous13, 29 August 2013 - 09:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users